[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good Vibes Requested

max

My sister and her husband are expecting their first child in early October. The doctor just did a preliminary test to see if everything is going well and if there is a chance of a birth defect. Apparently there is at this time a slight risk that their baby may have Down Syndrome. They said that it is not uncommon for this test to provide a false positive result. Therefore, there is still a good chance that the baby is healthy. She is going in for more detailed testing on Weds in hope for a more definitive answer. Regardless of what this baby may or may not have he/she will still be surrounded by more love than could be imagined.

I am asking that my fellow Huddler's send some good vibes/prayers to the child my sister is carrying. I, much like RR, am convinced that this stuff works.

Thanks,

Max

Edited by max

Max,

You know I am there for you and yours! My wife's and my prayers are with you, your sis, the Dad, and the baby my friend. Not to mention YOUR Dad! If you need help, PM me and I'll give you my #. We'll talk if you want. You call it!

God Bless and I hope peace with your family, and a good outcome!

rr26

I appreciate all the kind words and well wishes. After we find out everything is ok with the baby I may print up this thread and give it to my sister so sh can put it in some sort of scrap book for the baby.

Max,

You know I am there for you and yours! My wife's and my prayers are with you, your sis, the Dad, and the baby my friend. Not to mention YOUR Dad! If you need help, PM me and I'll give you my #. We'll talk if you want. You call it!

God Bless and I hope peace with your family, and a good outcome!

rr26

I know you are there for us RR and I appreciate it. I think I still have your # from when my dad had the back surgery.

Thanks again everyone!!!

I appreciate all the kind words and well wishes. After we find out everything is ok with the baby I may print up this thread and give it to my sister so sh can put it in some sort of scrap book for the baby.

I know you are there for us RR and I appreciate it. I think I still have your # from when my dad had the back surgery.

Thanks again everyone!!!

I PM'd anyway! God speed! Please keep us informed, regardless of the outcome. We are here for you! :D

Good vibes and prayers headin' your way!! :D

By the way, if the test you're referring to is the alpha-fetoprotein test, it is associated with a false positive rate of over 50%. Usually the next step is a detailed ultrasound and then, if the patient agrees, an amniocentesis. Many of my patients don't have the amniocentesis because they are willing to raise a child with Down's Syndrome.

An excellent reference that I give to patients here in California is this.

Good vibes and prayers headin' your way!! :D

By the way, if the test you're referring to is the alpha-fetoprotein test, it is associated with a false positive rate of over 50%. Usually the next step is a detailed ultrasound and then, if the patient agrees, an amniocentesis. Many of my patients don't have the amniocentesis because they are willing to raise a child with Down's Syndrome.

Good info Doc. I appreciate it. that is the test she was referring to and has the detailed ultra sound on weds. The main reason she wants to know is so that she could do research on Downs if that is likely to be the case.

Good vibes and prayers headin' your way!! :doh:

:D:clap::clap::D:D:tup:

Great stuff, Doc! You da man! As always. :D

we avoided all of those tests because of the high false positive rates. I hope everything works out.

Thanks. My wife and I avoided them too for the same reasons that you did.

Man ... I hate tests like this that are so inaccurate yet can cause so much worry over something that you really have no control over ...

I can only barely imagine the emotions they must be going through. Ugh.