[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, you guys will like this one... we had our pastor and his wife over for dinner tonight

wiegie

So, tonight my wife and I had our pastor and his wife over for dinner. The pastor is of German descent and he has mentioned several times in his sermons that he likes his beer. So I buy some Beck's for the evening and when they get here I offer them some. They accept and all goes well. We talk about beer for a few minutes and then I mention that I had some other unique beer in the fridge that I bought a few weeks ago. I mentioned it specifically because I had bought the beer in a case and hadn't seen what the bottles looked like until I got home and opened them. The name of the beer was "Infidel Imperial Pale Ale", but when I bought them I only read Imperial Pale Ale. As it turned out, the bottles had a picture of what looked like the devil on them which led my wife to remark "That is not a very good beer to drink for Easter" (which is about when I had bought the beer). That comment from my wife had made me laugh and I was relating this story to the pastor as I brought out one of these beers for the pastor to look at (and possibly drink). The pastor looked at the bottle and started reading the label and then pointed out the beer proudly proclaimed itself as "the anti-Christ of beers". :D Sort of an awkward way to start the evening. (Later on, though, he did (sort of) make a joke about it and the overall evening went pretty well, but I still wish I had not brought out the beer to begin with.)

Edited by wiegie

So, tonight my wife and I had our pastor and his wife over for dinner. The pastor is of German descent and he has mentioned several times in his sermons that he likes his beer. So I buy some Beck's for the evening and when they get her I offer them some. They accept and all goes well. We talk about beer for a few minutes and then I mention that I had some other unique beer in the fridge that I bought a few weeks ago. I mentioned it specifically because I had bought the beer in a case and hadn't seen what the bottles looked like until I got home and opened them. The name of the beer was "Infidel Imperial Pale Ale", but when I bought them I only read Imperial Pale Ale. As it turned out, the bottles had a picture of what looked like the devil on them which led my wife to remark "That is not a very good beer to drink for Easter" (which is about when I had bought the beer). That comment from my wife had made me laugh and I was relating this story that I was telling to the pastor as I brought out one of these beers for the pastor to look at (and possibly drink). The pastor looked at the bottle and started reading the label and then pointed out the beer proudly proclaimed itself as "the anti-Christ of beers". :D Sort of an awkward way to start the evening. (Later on, though, he did (sort of) make a joke about it and the overall evening went pretty well, but I still wish I had not brought out the beer to begin with.)

:D

Nicely done presenting the pastor with Anti Christ beer. :D Well at least all turned out well as it seems the pastor had a good sense of humor.

My pastor plays in our weekly poker game. I get salvation and part of my tithing back to boot. So I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

:D:D:tup: So you're big into that? Do you give the proper amount or are you shorting the Big Man above?

The name of the beer was "Infidel Imperial Pale Ale", but when I bought them I only read Imperial Pale Ale. As it turned out, the bottles had a picture of what looked like the devil on them which led my wife to remark "That is not a very good beer to drink for Easter" (which is about when I had bought the beer). That comment from my wife had made me laugh and I was relating this story to the pastor as I brought out one of these beers for the pastor to look at (and possibly drink). The pastor looked at the bottle and started reading the label and then pointed out the beer proudly proclaimed itself as "the anti-Christ of beers".

I think any person with the slightest sense of humor would be amused by a typical "wiegie inserts foot into mouth" moment.

We went to church tonight and just before it began I ran into the pastor. I apologized to him about the beer and said I was embarrassed about it. He just laughed and said, "I'm sure it has a hell of a taste." :chuckle:

We went to church tonight and just before it began I ran into the pastor. I apologized to him about the beer and said I was embarrassed about it. He just laughed and said, "I'm sure it has a hell of a taste." :chuckle:

Sorry wiegie............you have a reserved place in Hell! I hope you like it HOT! :D

I'll be there before you, so I'll keep the fires burning for you! :D

One of my best friends was the pastor of our church. He was crazy. We'd go to Valley Fair and go on all the rides. One time we were on a ride I think it's called the Thunder Canyon. Where there's like six seats and you travel around in rough water and under water falls and you get soaked. Me and the pastor were riding along with some other guy and everytime we got wet the other guy would swear up and down about getting wet. Me and Joe were laughing are arses off.

Pic of ride here

Edited by MikesVikes

Sorry wiegie............you have a reserved place in Hell! I hope you like it HOT! :D

I'll be there before you, so I'll keep the fires burning for you! :D

If my 2nd-favorite TR is gonna be there, Hell can't be too bad of a place.

If my 2nd-favorite TR is gonna be there, Hell can't be too bad of a place.

If Heaven aint alot like Dixie, I dont want to go!

If they aint got a Grand Ole Opry, I'd just as soon stay home!