[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Johnnie Morton

I didn't see a replay, but was he hit in the neck too? His breathing looked pretty labored while on the mat.

They weren't able to get his mouthpiece out initially.

On a side note, Bernard is a comedian outside the ring.

I wonder if Johnnie just became a part of his stand-up routine. (Insert joke about being part of a lay-down routine here)

I wouldn't believe that he's not. He looks like a fighter to me. Not overly buff looking or anything, but most truly solid fighters I've seen (other than boxers) aren't. He's definitely got the look in the eyes however.

I imagine the blow Morton took was probably more powerful than how it appeared to us. Kind of like how when I watch a major league pitcher throw a fastball on tv, it doesn't look like it's moving all that fast when in fact it's moving 90-95 mph. Then when I go to pitch one myself from the mound it seems like its moving just as fast, when it's actually only going about 60.

These pro fighters are all big, fast and powerful, and they know how to throw a punch. Any direct hit like that is going to knock a guy on his back. They aren't like a direct hit I would throw, where the guy would probably just wince a bit and laugh.

I think "Hurricane" Peter McNeely had better defense than that when he fought Tyson.

Edited by Crazysight

Speaking of which, check him out for yourself...he even has his own official website! http://www.hurricanepetermcneeley.com/

Lets see what constructive things he's been up to lately, courtesy of our friends at Wikipedia.com:

In 1998, McNeeley was discovered passed out in a Medfield, Massachusetts D'Angelo's sub shop. Newspaper reports indicated that he was intoxicated.

In March 2006, McNeeley was arrested in Norwood, MA, after he punched a man and stole his wallet containing 50 dollars.

On June 29, 2006, McNeeley was arrested for driving the getaway car used in a robbery of a Walgreens in Stoughton, Massachusetts. After searching the car, police recovered $180 in cash and a black fanny pack which had also been stolen from the store.

Edited by Crazysight

He went in way too agressive... I think he flat out didnt respect his opponent. You've got to respect a guy who has years upon years of experiance on you.

It looked like a fight on a playground when his arms were flying about wild at one point.

yeah he needs to give it up at this point. He clearly didn't know what the hell he was doing out there.

You never know which one is going to do it. You have no control over how your brain hits your skull.

Maybe he just likes to wrestle with scantily-clad, sweaty men. :D

This coming from a guy with a flexing, muscular man as his avatar...... :D

NTTAWWT

It appears he did not factor in that his opponent would try hitting him back. There was like only one decent punch in the entire fight and it sent him to lullabye land.

:D

The dude has went to great lengths to prove Millen wrong about what he called him.

Edited by MikesVikes

I dunno....

I think it's interesting to see how one punch affects different people.

Chuck Lidell, arguably one of the greatest fighters ever (UFC anyway), got floored by one punch in his title fight against Rampage Jackson just a couple weeks ago.

That punch was a lot less of a punch than the one Morton got knocked out by. Now granted, Lidell wasn't knocked out, but Rampage was on top of him in a flash which effectively ended it.

Not making any commentary - just find it interesting.

Speaking of which, check him out for yourself...he even has his own official website! http://www.hurricanepetermcneeley.com/

Lets see what constructive things he's been up to lately, courtesy of our friends at Wikipedia.com:

In 1998, McNeeley was discovered passed out in a Medfield, Massachusetts D'Angelo's sub shop. Newspaper reports indicated that he was intoxicated.

In March 2006, McNeeley was arrested in Norwood, MA, after he punched a man and stole his wallet containing 50 dollars.

On June 29, 2006, McNeeley was arrested for driving the getaway car used in a robbery of a Walgreens in Stoughton, Massachusetts. After searching the car, police recovered $180 in cash and a black fanny pack which had also been stolen from the store.

next stop.. the NFL!

He needs more work on his "staredown".

Yeah he needs to learn not to get up in someone's grill so much if all he's going to do is get bitch-slapped to the mat 38 seconds later. :D

This coming from a guy with a flexing, muscular man as his avatar...... :D

Don't be dissin' Big Jim Slade, former All-Pro TE for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Yeah, let's see the breakdown on the timing there:

"Before policy even found out about the fight": 90% for Puddy

"After policy found out about the fight and brought the thunder": 90% for policyvote

I'd pay to see Morton vs. Puddy.

Peace

policy