[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Woodpecker problem

whomper

Do not buy the owl, he'll bypass it for a few days and then he'll realize it's a fake, trust me. The only way to get rid of him the easiest is to shoot the SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS !!!er. I had to take a day off work to get rid of mine, but it was well worth it. Make sure the gun has some power, and a pellet gun wont do it more often than not unless you hit him perfect, but just hitting him might cause him to go elsewhere.

He is denting up my siding something fierce

I had the same problem. He would wake me up at sunrise from the noise right outside my bedroom. We have tons of wildlife on my property.

The woodpecker was not considered that special by the family so I shot him with my pellet gun. Tough shot, but the scope helped.

Do not buy the owl, he'll bypass it for a few days and then he'll realize it's a fake, trust me. The only way to get rid of him the easiest is to shoot the SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS !!!er. I had to take a day off work to get rid of mine, but it was well worth it. Make sure the gun has some power, and a pellet gun wont do it more often than not unless you hit him perfect, but just hitting him might cause him to go elsewhere.

I disagree. My pellet gun shoots 1000 feet per second. It works great even on large crows.

Edited by Missoula Griz

I disagree. My pellet gun shoots 1000 feet per second. It works great even on large crows.

Then you have an above average pellet gun. We're both avid hunters, and I dont claim to know more than you, but I have shot A LOT of wood peckers in my day.

If it is a Flicker, he is doing it to call to a mate or to tell another male Flicker this is his territory. The males peck at the metal vent on our chimney at 6:00 AM and then off and on during the day from mid March to mid May, and then finally has sex and babies and then quits. We have a fireplace in our bedroom and at 6:00 AM it sounds like a jackhammer on the roof.

Whether it is a Flicker or other kind of Woodpecker, keyword search Flicker drum roll or Flicker mating call and you will find advice. I think the most realistic resolutions as I remember were a plastic owl or metalic streamers.

If it is a Flicker, he is doing it to call to a mate or to tell another male Flicker this is his territory. The males peck at the metal vent on our chimney at 6:00 AM and then off and on during the day from mid March to mid May, and then finally has sex and babies and then quits. We have a fireplace in our bedroom and at 6:00 AM it sounds like a jackhammer on the roof.

Whether it is a Flicker or other kind of Woodpecker, keyword search Flicker drum roll or Flicker mating call and you will find advice. I think the most realistic resolutions as I remember were a plastic owl or metalic streamers.

So whomp your pecker is looking for a mother flicker apparently

:D

There is a woodpecker in my neighborhood that always pecks away at my oak tree in the front of my house which is fine. For the last 2 days it has been pecking my aluminum siding right in front of my house which is not good..any suggestions on how I can make him stop ?

A frying pan and some hot oil...

There is this man that has an artificial leg that is made out of wood. He's very self conscious of his leg, so he doesn't go out and socialize very often. Well his friends talk him in to going to going to a dance.

So he is sitting at the dance all alone and afraid to go ask somebody to dance. In corner of his eye he sees this girl walking up to him and its obvious that this girl has an artificial eye. She says standing in front of him "Would you like to dance". The man very excited replies "Would I! Would I!" The girl screams back at him pointing her finger "Peg leg, Peg leg".

:D

Then you have an above average pellet gun. We're both avid hunters, and I dont claim to know more than you, but I have shot A LOT of wood peckers in my day.

Your correct on the pellet gun. It actually kicks a little. Its cost was similar to a .22. I purchased it because it is really quite once fired. We get some magpies and crows now again down by our small creek. Sometimes a skunk or a marrmot. There are a few home within 5 acres, and one farmer has a lot of cattle and freaks when we shoot a higher powered rifle or shot gun.

The pellet gun solved the varmit problem and keeps anyone from complaining.

http://www.airgundepot.com/gamo-airguns-sh...int-hunter.html

If it is a Flicker, he is doing it to call to a mate or to tell another male Flicker this is his territory. The males peck at the metal vent on our chimney at 6:00 AM and then off and on during the day from mid March to mid May, and then finally has sex and babies and then quits.

Sounds like if this is the case all you have to do is give the little guy a handy and he will quit.

Your correct on the pellet gun. It actually kicks a little. Its cost was similar to a .22. I purchased it because it is really quite once fired. We get some magpies and crows now again down by our small creek. Sometimes a skunk or a marrmot. There are a few home within 5 acres, and one farmer has a lot of cattle and freaks when we shoot a higher powered rifle or shot gun.

The pellet gun solved the varmit problem and keeps anyone from complaining.

http://www.airgundepot.com/gamo-airguns-sh...int-hunter.html

:D blocked at work :D Cool, thanks i'll check that out from home :tup:

Sounds like if this is the case all you have to do is give the little guy a handy and he will quit.

I took your advice and he came back the next day with some friends..I feel so dirty