[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That guy....

Big Country

Near our house, there is a section of the road that they had been doing some road work on, but obviously hadn't been yesterday. When we had left, all of the traffic cones were along the shoulder of the road.

Fast forward to last night, and as we are driving home, the cones are toppled over into the middle of the lanes, etc.

First thing out of my mouth "Dam kids".

As soon as I say it, I look at my wife and ask her if I really said that... then say.. Oh No, I've become that guy.

So, anyone else ever become "That guy" that they always said they wouldn't be.

I am a father of 4 kids ranging from 6 to 16 ...3 girls and a boy ...and I look back now at my teenage years and what we used to do ( much of which aggrivated any adullt that may have been around ) and I am now the adult that gets aggrivated by teenagers who act disrespectfully ...its pretty funny and weird at seeing this transformation

i find myself slowly becoming "that guy" who looks disapprovingly at teenage girls who dress slutty.

Thank god I am not athere yet.... so long as they are 18 and 19 of course. Under that and yeah, it is a little unnerving what some of these kids wear

i find myself slowly becoming "that guy" who looks disapprovingly at teenage girls who dress slutty.

Don;t get me wrong, I enjoy the 18, 19 year olds dressed like that...

but I have seen girls as young as 10, 11, 12 dressed like that...makes me want to smack their parents around...

Last night I was at Walmart and passed by an aisle that had a small group of teenage boys talking. I couldn't, or didn't really listen to what they were saying but I could tell they were trying to act like a bunch of bad asses. One of them was saying something to the effect that he'd punked some other kid down...then I hear this unmistakable klink-klink-klink-klink, kilnk-klink-klink-klink so I decided to walk back by the aisle. Sure enough, out of the corner of my eye I see one of the kids showing his buddies a butterfly knife. All I could think was "buncha dumbass punk kids." :D

I didn't go run & tell the manager, but I did narc the kid out to the next male employee I saw. :D

Edited by rajncajn

Me.....my son and my Dad were sittin in the backyard and i said the yard looks great since we sharpened the mower blade.......my Dad Goes..... "Ya i remember when I used to mow over a bunch of my tools that used to get left out in the yard"..........my son gave me one of these :D cause i had just railed on him about leaving tools out .......... :tup: .........apple doesn't fall far........ :D

When I was a kid, I would've stolen the cones, not just knocked them down. Danged pansy kids today.

I have a fond memory of me & a buddy running down the street with one of these so we could steal the light off it. My buddy kept it in his room, but soon threw it out because it was keeping him up at night. :D

I have a fond memory of me & a buddy running down the street with one of these so we could steal the light off it. My buddy kept it in his room, but soon threw it out because it was keeping him up at night. :D

Non-standard barrier.

The striping is incorrect and the lantern treatment is incorrect.

:D

[/quote

You should have been around for the ones that looked like cannon balls and were filled with Diesel fuel and a wick................ :D

Don;t get me wrong, I enjoy the 18, 19 year olds dressed like that...

but I have seen girls as young as 10, 11, 12 dressed like that...makes me want to smack their parents around...

Related note: a friend's wife teaches in LAUSD and has seen kids as young as 1st grade (!!) performing (or trying to perform) oral sex on each other before school. This goes way beyond the 'playing doctor' we used to talk about - and occasionally play - as kids. This is why I pay the $ for my kids to attend private school. Not that there any guarantess with that, but I do sleep better at night....

I remeber smiling ear to ear the first time I heard my kids say "Are we there yet ?" from the back seat..

Everytime after that it became less and less cute..I unfortunately dont have the radar like precision my mom had with her uncanny ability to drive and strike us in the backseat with pinpoint accuracy

Edited by whomper

Related note: a friend's wife teaches in LAUSD and has seen kids as young as 1st grade (!!) performing (or trying to perform) oral sex on each other before school. This goes way beyond the 'playing doctor' we used to talk about - and occasionally play - as kids. This is why I pay the $ for my kids to attend private school. Not that there any guarantess with that, but I do sleep better at night....

What!?!?!? :D

This isn't one of those "70 pedophiles at a soccer game" stories is it?

the other day i was "that guy" who yells futilely at the neighbor kids as they run away terrified to safety. this little bish (probably 10 or 11 years old) was walking her greyhound and it took a big dump in my lawn, which i saw out of the corner of my eye, couldn't tell for sure if it was pee or a deuce, so i came out and yelled at her in my scariest grumpy old neighbor voice..."hey! hey! did your dog just poop in my yard?" "no, she just went potty.." as the sneaky little wench hurried on her way down the street. i go out and check and sho' nuff, big ol' f'n greyhound dump, so i yell at her again but this time she's far enough down the street that she trots off and ducks into her house.

i've been plotting my revenge ever since... :D

Edited by Azazello1313

:D does anyone know if you can rent a hippopotamus, and if so where?

I just had sunny side up eggs with corn beef hash..By tomorrow I can fulfill all of your revenge needs

"hey, is your greaseball friend pooping in my yard?"

"no, he's just practicing yoga" :D

I will even crack a newspaper for emphasis