[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I had to pay today...

BigMikeinNY

You do know you get your quarter back when/ if you return the cart ,right ? :D

This keeps them from paying someone to gather them from the lot , thus keeping cost down , in theory anyway. It does make me mad when I have to go get change to unlock one though .

I almost NEVER have change in my pocket. It would serisouly tick me off if I had to make change before getting a cart to do my shopping.

Also, when you're done shopping and you have small kids (infants/toddlers) you have to get them into their car seats first and then unload your cart... when you're finished you can't just leave your vehicle with your kids in it to go return a cart and get your quarter back.

When/if this policy comes to Minnesota I will definitly make a scene and be a dick about it.

What a bunch of old ladies! :D A discount grocery in the midwest (Aldis) has been doing this for years. You just plan ahead to have a QUARTER when you go shopping. Those of you who impulsively grocery shop for a shopping cart of food will just have to suck it up or go to Walmart. I've wondered why more stores didn't go to this a long time ago.

PS- You have to bag your own groceries at Aldis also. :D

What a bunch of old ladies! :D A discount grocery in the midwest (Aldis) has been doing this for years. You just plan ahead to have a QUARTER when you go shopping. Those of you who impulsively grocery shop for a shopping cart of food will just have to suck it up or go to Walmart. I've wondered why more stores didn't go to this a long time ago.

Its just a matter of convenience. Some retailers want to make your shoping experience as hassle-free as possible, while others want to do anything/everything possible to squeeze as much money from you as they can (an granted those places usually have the lowest prices).

Its just a matter of convenience. Some retailers want to make your shoping experience as hassle-free as possible, while others want to do anything/everything possible to squeeze as much money from you as they can (an granted those places usually have the lowest prices).

Aldis doesn't keep the quarter. You get it back when you return the cart. I look at it as a way for them to keep costs down. And they DO. No place around is even close for groceries. So for the inconvenience of remembering to bring a quarter I can buy bread for a quarter a loaf, get 4 cans of green beans for a dollar, and stand in line with the lowest level of American citizenery in the country. Sometimes I buy Aldi's deodorant and pass them out as "free samples" while I wait to pay for my groceries. :D

I'm the kind of person (and I think there are others out there like me) that will hold a grudge against retailers if they don't put customer service at the top of their priorities. On principle alone I would drive out of my way and pay 10% more on my bill, just so that I am not rewarding the behavior of a retailer that ticks me off. I have a similar situation here with Home Depot and Lowes. The Lowes is a couple of miles further away and doesn't have as good of a selection on a lot of what I want, but Home Depot ticked me off so screw them... they aren't getting my money (however little it may be).

So let me get this straight. Target, a multi-billion dollar corporation, is going to keep it's costs down by not needing to employ a couple of cart collectors at minimum wage. Anyone seriously think this is going to affect prices at all? All this will do is piss their customers off.

Which is why I'll never shop there.If I wanted to bag groceries,I'd fill an application out.

What next,a friggin' toll charge for the check-out line?

....and buy the bags. They don't provide them for free.

And if see that I would have to pay for use of the cart or its return, I will just carry the item(s) myself and not get anymore if I don't want to carry any more. I already do this if I know I am just going to get a few items.

Aldis doesn't keep the quarter. You get it back when you return the cart. I look at it as a way for them to keep costs down. And they DO. No place around is even close for groceries. So for the inconvenience of remembering to bring a quarter I can buy bread for a quarter a loaf, get 4 cans of green beans for a dollar, and stand in line with the lowest level of American citizenery in the country. Sometimes I buy Aldi's deodorant and pass them out as "free samples" while I wait to pay for my groceries. :D

The cost of a cart monkey is around $6 an hour. If they can't make up for that in sales by not pissing off their customers, then they are a poorly run franchise.

My company just moved to a small town, and our building is right next to a sandwich shop. I went in there and was about to order a sandwich when the lady said, "I should warn you that we don't take credit cards."

"What? Why not?"

"Because it costs us extra. We only take cash. But we've had three people from that new building expect to use credit cards and then not have cash to pay."

"Then you lost 4 customers today, probably permanently. Wouldn't it be cost effective for you to suck it up and lose the 3% to the credit card company to get more customers from 40 people moving in right next door?"

"That's not the way we do business."

Idiots.

Edited by AtomicCEO

I almost NEVER have change in my pocket. It would serisouly tick me off if I had to make change before getting a cart to do my shopping.

Also, when you're done shopping and you have small kids (infants/toddlers) you have to get them into their car seats first and then unload your cart... when you're finished you can't just leave your vehicle with your kids in it to go return a cart and get your quarter back.

When/if this policy comes to Minnesota I will definitly make a scene and be a dick about it.

They aren't doing this here .... yet.

I totally agree with what Savage had to say about it.

I went into an Aldis once....never again.

We all live pretty good lives if this is what we have to biitch about on a Sunday morning. I'm just glad to live in a place that has grocery carts. And groceries to put in them. :D

Thank YOU, Mr. Peppermint!

Edit- LOL. Nancee Pelossi comes out "Mr. Peppermint"?

!

Edited by The Holy Roller

Seen these things back in the 1980s.

Free money for a kid out in the parking lot and a few minutes to kill.

Bingo! Target sounds like the new place for the homeless people to hang around. They'll wash your windshield and take your cart back for you.

It's all so pointless. Even if they are paying someone to pull in the carts, you hardly ever see anybody doing it. If they start this where I am, I will run that cart out into the field. Then, some store manager can haul his arse out there into the boondocks to retrieve his cart and make the company a whole quarter.