[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2003 Huddle Awards

rajncajn

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My contribution:

Best Huddle Game - Didn't play in any this year, but Mystery Huddler is always entertaining.

Best Username - Ted the Bellhop (great movie)

Best Sigline - I can't remember whose it is, but I like the John Stuart Mills quote.

Best Fisherman - Oh please...spain reels 'em in like no one else.

Most Respected - Hmm...respect is a strong word...but I'll say I probably respect the opinions of steeler and Agent Aznutchski the most. wink

Most Annoying - since this award is deadlocked in a 553-person tie for 1st place, I'll skip it.

Best use of Graemlins - no idea, but I think everyone who's answered this already is simply giving out the MOST Use of Graemlins award.

Best post/thread - I'd have to say the one by...I think it was 'Canes 2003, about WCOFF, which spawned my thread, which spawned Huddle's Heroes. It gets my vote since it ended up changing my entire fantasy football experience.

Who you'd most want to have a beer AND talk football with (why separate the two?)- I gotta give this one to rajncajn and Hitman, the Gulf Coast Cronies. We actually did have (more than) a few beers and talked some football and it was a great time. By the way, hey rajn - I didn't see my name on YOUR list, A-HOLE! wink Msaint is a close second, since I want to hear how his book is coming.

Best Fantasy Advice Forum Advisor - No clue

Tailgate Award - This should probably go to Chavez...he's a regular and one of the few who actually thinks about what he's typing before posting it.

Newbie of the Year - Is anyone worthy of this? If so, no one comes to mind.

Newbie Tool of the Year - Da Freak, based on his recent anti-Favre post alone. angry

MVH - Most Valuable Huddler - How can this go to anyone but Big John? You gotta question, he's got an answer -- and within mere seconds! Plus he's a Packer fan :D . BTW, Big John, do you remember the thread in the Tailgate where I posted evidence that you had supernatural powers? It illustrated how it was impossible (for mortals) to read a question, find its answer, and post a reply in the time it took you. Care to provide the link for everyone?

Geez...my fingers are tired after all that cyber-tearing of envelopes.

Swiss Cheezhead:

BTW, Big John, do you remember the thread in the Tailgate where I posted evidence that you had supernatural powers? It illustrated how it was impossible (for mortals) to read a question, find its answer, and post a reply in the time it took you. Care to provide the link for everyone?

computer Here you go

Best Huddle Game - Smack Bowl

Best Username - FrozenHeadofTedWilliams

Best Sigline -There are so many...one of Wiegie's probably

Best Fisherman -Spain, no doubt

Most Respected -Big John

Most Hated -tie: Sarge,H8Tank

Most Annoying -MarkRB

Best use of Graemlins - :confused: what's a Graemlin? wink

Best post/thread - too lazy to research this

Who you'd most want to have a beer with -Swiss Cheezhead, as mentioned above actually did...great guy. thumbs_u rajn doesn't count... have too many beers with him on a reg. basis. "Never ride a party bus to a Saints game!" wink

Who you'd most want to talk football with -tie: Keggerz, Swiss, rajncajn

Best Fantasy Advice Forum Advisor -Hugh One

Tailgate Award -Loaf...the games man thumbs_u

Newbie of the Year-Snaggy(see below)

Newbie Tool of the Year --Snaggy...even though BJ says he's been around a while...I think he just really started posting this year...not sure if he qualifies. Anyone remember the Huddle Survivor 2 Draft? Classic stuff! jester

MVH - Most Valuable Huddler -Big John..thwarted the attack of the newbie clones!

but, to me personally: rajncajn Showed me the way to FF and the huddle! thumbs_u take_a_b

Just to be fair, I will not vote for myself in any category.

Best Huddle Game - Mystery Huddler

Best Username - Moss=Six,unlessHepouts

Best Sigline - Hat Trick

Best Fisherman - spain

Most Respected - Too many to list just one

Most Hated - H8tank - because he wants it

Most Annoying - its_game_time (aka gotime)

Best use of Graemlins - Gman

Best post/thread - cineforum

Who you'd most want to have a beer with - those who visit the skybox

Who you'd most want to talk football with - Chavez

Best Fantasy Advice Forum Advisor - ts

Tailgate Award -(for those who like to spend their time there) AtomicCEO

Newbie of the Year - willi4

Newbie Tool of the Year - #6051 - known as cantseeme, porch collapsers and pigskin addiction

MVH - Most Valuable Huddle - keggerz

Down Goes Frazia:

keggerz.:

Huddle on the Puddle        :confused:   

coach      HEY TheHuddle    take_a_b    is a D@mn FOOTBALL SITE....NOT HOCKEY!!

But hey this is the  GOOD OLD    flag    And HERE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE HOW YOU WISH    head_ban   

....speaking for myself, this being my first year in this insane asylum..... I had to choose hockey..... I had no other choice....besides the survivor pool....it's the only thing I've done. From the looks of the responses,the Smackbowl may get my vote next year though.

Mad props go out to the following for your thoughts -

HUGH ONE

Ruffian

Keggerz

Trojanmojo

Bier Meister

HUGHSYOURDADDY ?

& Sky

Any time, man!

Best Huddle Game - Mystery Huddler is ALWAYS good for a laugh-a-post, but Smackbowl is the king daddy of Huddle contests.

Best Username - Frozen Head of Ted Williams is just an all-time classic.

Best Sigline - will have to edit this one in when I find it; my current one IS an original Chavez creation that I'm pretty happy with

Best Fisherman - this is funny, because while spain and H8tank can hook 'em, most of the vets are wise to their game; I think some of the noobs who come in like gangbusters may actually be the best fishermen

Most Respected - I said it when he was brought up as mod, and I will say it again - Big John is the f'n goods. Excellent job as mod, my man. cool_thu Aznutchki and I are on opposite sides of many issues, but he always presents a strong case, which is good.

Most Hated - Eh, some of the guys in the Tailgate frustrate the crap out of me, but when the chips are down and the subject is other than politics, deep down they're good men, so I can't say I hate any of them...

Most Annoying -...but I CAN say they manage to annoy the living sh*t out of me sometimes.

Best use of Graemlins - I think that oftentimes the best use is NO use.

Best post/thread - another one I'll have to research.

Who you'd most want to have a beer and talk football with - judging by responses above, I'd say my dance card is pretty full. wink I'd have a drink with just about any one of you folks, but I've often said I'd really like to chug suds with spain and polksalet, just to see if we ordered a 2nd round or busted the bottles over each others' heads when we were done (because doing it halfway through is wasting beer, and that is just plain wrong).

Best Fantasy Advice Forum Advisor - ts is an advice god.

Tailgate Award -(for those who like to spend their time there) - many worthy candidates; also many who should be shot; I'll break this down into two categories - MVL (Most Valuable Lib) would have to be a tie between wiegie and Sacrebleu; MVC (Most Valuable Conservo) would be Az

Newbie of the Year - despite his obvious double-whammy handicap of being a Bear fan from Illinois, I nominate BearPerson - quickly made it onto my "kickass Bear Fan" list with Crispirons and rocknrobn.

Newbie Tool of the Year - Would this be an honor or a disgrace? shrug

MVH - Most Valuable Huddle - I think DMD and WW are disqualified, as they're in "Huddle Canton", so I'm going with our main mod man Big John with ts a close 2nd for his work in the Advice forum. LOTS of good contributions from plenty of Huddlers as always, though.

I think that's enough :D [/QB]

Swiss Cheezhead:

Who you'd most want to have a beer AND talk football with (why separate the two?)- I gotta give this one to rajncajn and Hitman, the Gulf Coast Cronies. We actually did have (more than) a few beers and talked some football and it was a great time. By the way, hey rajn - I didn't see my name on YOUR list, A-HOLE!    wink    Msaint is a close second, since I want to hear how his book is coming.

LOL, great times... I thought about you when I answered the question, but I just couldn't find a way to mention you & not say something about a pool table. :P The truth is I'd be more than happy to have a beer or two or three with just about any one of you sick *******s. Anytime any of you want to come down here & see the coast you are more than welcome to call me out. My bar is always open. That goes for you as well Swiss, next time you're down for training let me know. cool_thu

Best Huddle Game - Flick's Picks

Best Username - Abearwithfurniture

Best Sigline - untateve's

Best Fisherman -

Most Respected - steeler

Most Hated -

Most Annoying - driveby

Best use of Graemlins -

Best post/thread - zander666 will always rule

Who you'd most want to have a beer with - agent az

Who you'd most want to talk football with - the skybox regulars

Best Fantasy Advice Forum Advisor - None, they all suck and ruined my season.

Tailgate Award -(for those who like to spend their time there) - Agent Az

Newbie of the Year -

Newbie Tool of the Year - mcboog, Beguile B. Blank

MVH - Most Valuable Huddle - BIG john

Crispirons:

Who you'd most want to have a beer with -Sarge and H8Tank nekked on a king size bed

Who you'd most want to talk football with -same as above but now Sarge is wearing a teddy and H8Tank is wearing some sort of dominatrix outfit.

eek! eek! eek!

Best Huddle Game - I love Mystery Huddler. I still lmao whenever I think of Rajn and his brother's pic!

Best Username -

Best Sigline -PolicyVote's "Give a man a fire" makes me laugh to this day. I also like the one about fighting on the internet is like being in the special olympics.

Best Fisherman -I noticed that I received votes for this category, but am not completely sure what this even means. Perhaps yall are fond of my fishing equipment here: www.ratemyrod.com

Kegg has to get some mention here..

Most Respected -Since I cant vote for myself, it must be Skylive and Big John.

Most Hated -Blitz. I cant abide sanctimonious narrow/closed/small minded hyocrites who see everything as black or white. He is the George W Bush of the Huddle.

Most Annoying -Any of the leftist pinko commies over at the tailgate..Beguile comes to mind right away..

Best use of Graemlins -

Best post/thread -Any thread having to do with the Detroit Lions that does NOT proclaim their rights to next years Lomabardi Trophy.

Who you'd most want to have a beer with -Long long, long, list here. So many of us have been around for so long, it seems like we all know each other. Obviously, all the Fusion and Doh and Hannibals brothers. Cant list all because I would leave someone out, the feelings would be hurt, tears would flow, then I would be accused of being a fisherman. I do think we may be surprised by some of the huddlers real life personalities as opposed to their huddle characters.

Who you'd most want to talk football with -Rhino. The man has a severe illness if he puts that table together each year.

Best Fantasy Advice Forum Advisor -The wiegie board has been known to give good knowlege from time to time.

Tailgate Award -(for those who like to spend their time there)H8Tank in a landslide

Newbie of the Year -Frazia

Newbie Tool of the Year -Panther Dave. What a jack ass

MVH - Most Valuable Huddle -Polksalet

spain:

Crispirons:

Who you'd most want to have a beer with -Sarge and H8Tank nekked on a king size bed

Who you'd most want to talk football with -same as above but now Sarge is wearing a teddy and H8Tank is wearing some sort of dominatrix outfit.

eek! eek! eek! SPAIN,

cool_thu jester cool_thu jester

Alrighty then. Back from a little vacation and lots to do. Here we go.

Best Huddle Game - Mystery Huddler/Huddle Challenge II

Best Username - Frozen Head by far :D

Best Sigline - Whoever said something to the fact of whenever things get weird the weird turn pro. Maybe KidCid?

Best Fisherman -C'mon, is this even close? Spain in a landslide

Most Respected - Skylive, Rhino, KSU, Blitz (once you get past the sarcasism, he actually has some decent knowledge to share)

Most Hated - Hate and sarge by the masses, but I actually get along with both. shrug

Most Annoying - Newbie WDIS posting tool dumb f*cks.

Best use of Graemlins -

Best post/thread -

Who you'd most want to have a beer with - Bunz wink , Sky, AC, Keg, msaint, Rhino, of course my delusional Jets fan EnD, and any of my fellow Dolphin Huddlers.

Who you'd most want to talk football with -Keg, Sky, KSU, PSU,Rhino

Best Fantasy Advice Forum Advisor - Theres an advice forum? shrug

Tailgate Award -(for those who like to spend their time there)Furd, for the games. H8 for the rightwing rhetoric that throws all the liberals into a tissy. Should get honorable mention for the fisherman award. wink

Newbie of the Year -

Newbie Tool of the Year - All of them are tools. You have to pay your dues

MVH - Most Valuable Huddle - Big John kicks ass for sure and major props to him. But Rhino and all his great tools that he does for nadda gets my vote. Great job to both you guys! cool_thu .

rajncajn:

For those of you who don't already know...every year at the end of the season we have our annual Huddle Awards. Below I will list the categories & the object, obviously, is to answer as best as possible who, or what, you think is the best possible answer for that category. You can only vote for one person or item per category, but can vote for the same person or item in multiple categories. I'll let the voting run as long as the thread is fairly active then tally the votes...Let the shi...er...voting begin!

The Categories:(please include with your votes)

Best Huddle Game -Survivor challenge

Best Username -Menudo (never posts, but that takes balls to call yourself that)

Best Sigline -SteelBunz

Best Fisherman -Spain

Most Respected -Big John!!!!!!11  head_ban 

Most Hated -H8Tank

Most Annoying - WDIS in the wrong forum

Best use of Graemlins -Bunz

Best post/thread -can't remember the name, but Chavez started a good one

Who you'd most want to have a beer with -I'm sorry, but who WOULDN'T I want to have a beer with? Trick question.

Who you'd most want to talk football with - Any huddler

Best Fantasy Advice Forum Advisor -Big John, HUGH, Spain

Tailgate Award -(for those who like to spend their time there)Don't venture much---I am an ignorant little sh*t

Newbie of the Year - No opinion here 'cause the best newbie wasn't really a newbie after all.  McBoog is a fave, though

Newbie Tool of the Year -  wink  I am too much of a lady to say!

MVH - Most Valuable Huddle - HUGH!

I think that's enough      :D 

Black Doggy:

polksalet:

One vote for newbie from      shrug  Black Doggy

Strange times indeed.

LOL, I woulda sworn you were new this year. My apologies. Did you not post a lot or were you under a different name maybe? computer polksalet is #49, and always posted as polksalet, and actively posted even before this year.

Black Doggy:

polksalet:

One vote for newbie from      shrug  Black Doggy

Strange times indeed.

LOL, I woulda sworn you were new this year. My apologies. Did you not post a lot or were you under a different name maybe? No prob fat boy. lol lol lol lol