[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Grits and Shins... Truce..

Schleprock

I found out today that my Mom was diagnosed with cancer. From what I've gathered from the doctors, it's very serious(not that any cancer isn't). I'd like to think that we're both big enough to let anything between us rest. We may disagree on some things, but at this point in time I need to focus my thoughts to positive things. As such, I'm more than willing to admit defeat. My buddy and I are still very close. He's let it go, I've let it go, and I really hope that you will too. To those that have had siginificant others battle this disease, I now know exactly how you feel. I've been kicked in the nuts, but realize the fight's just begun.

Sorry for littering the board. It's a cathartic mechanism for me.......

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found out today that my Mom was diagnosed with cancer. From what I've gathered from the doctors, it's very serious(not that any cancer isn't). I'd like to think that we're both big enough to let anything between us rest. We may disagree on some things, but at this point in time I need to focus my thoughts to positive things. As such, I'm more than willing to admit defeat. My buddy and I are still very close. He's let it go, I've let it go, and I really hope that you will too. To those that have had siginificant others battle this disease, I now know exactly how you feel. I've been kicked in the nuts, but realize the fight's just begun.

Sorry for littering the board. It's a cathartic mechanism for me.......

Sorry Schlep. I wish your family good luck.

Well done, Schlep....kudos for stepping up and ending the pettiness. Whether your truce is accepted or not depends on the other party, but you have proven to be a good man.

FWIW, my own mother overcame her battle with breast cancer, but every year's exam is another day we all hold our breathe and pray for the best. She's 71, and still going strong.

My heartfelt prayers are with you and your family.

Prayers are all good. Without faith, we have nothing. Thanks for all the kind words. I know that Grits is willing to accept this. Some things extend far begond stupid arguments. Regardles of what gets said on this board (and I've been a member for a LOOOONNNGG time), we're all good people. In that, if nothing else, I'm sure.