[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just need a release valve....... Sorry

JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Ten days ago my daughter was diagnosed with skin Cancer, the absolute worse kind. And it's odd because she was getting a checkup and the doctor didn't like the looks of a mole she has had on her arm all of her life. So she took a sample and and it came back positive. When I was told what type it was I started doing some research on the internet and I talked with a couple of Medical professionals and what I have found has scared me pretty badly.

I have been described many times as a pretty easy going level headed guy. It drives my wife crazy that I rarely let things get to me, and I rarely get mad. So when I saw the panic in my wife's face, I made it my job to stay calm, and not let on how I was feeling. If I lose it, if I panic, the waiting is going to kill her. And it's funny, I can see my daughter doing the same thing with her husband (they live across the street from us). In fact my wife commented last night on how both of us have been as "cool as a cucumber" about it. I guess that old saying is true, The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

But the last 10 days has been the longest 10 days of my life. You try not to think about it. You try to keep busy, but in the quiet moments, when you are alone with your thoughts, your mind wanders into places it shouldn't.

The waiting is just about over now. Tomorrow she goes in and they start cutting and testing to see how far it has progressed. To see how far it has spread, too see if it has started spreading into her system. It will be a long day tomorrow, maybe longer then the last 10 days.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank God the doctor found it..Prayers sent to your daughter and for you and the family..Im sure the stress and anxiety is sky high but keep being that calm influence and stay positive..I pray for the best..Take care bro..

Steve.....keep your cool. As hard as it sounds, you can't panic until you have all the facts. And even then, panic doesn't get the job done. :D

Could be primary (stage 0), remove it and that will be that. Sounds like her doctor was on the ball and caught it way early! It's difficult.....be informed....but stay positive! :D

And most of all.....just be there for her and the rest of the family. But mostly for her.

You and your daughter sound like me and my Dad. :wacko: Cool under fire....the rocks. But speaking as a rock, I also know that we find a way to be by ourselves to have our own mini-breakdowns. It's necessary, so do it. Then go back to being the cucumber that is calm enough to actually hear what the docs are saying. Take notes....and ask questions if it makes you feel better.

There's a "rock" over here in Columbus......if you need to vent. :wacko:

Prayers and vibes as long as you need them....but I'll be thinking about you all day tomorrow!

Ten days ago my daughter was diagnosed with skin Cancer, the absolute worse kind. And it's odd because she was getting a checkup and the doctor didn't like the looks of a mole she has had on her arm all of her life. So she took a sample and and it came back positive. When I was told what type it was I started doing some research on the internet and I talked with a couple of Medical professionals and what I have found has scared me pretty badly.

I have been described many times as a pretty easy going level headed guy. It drives my wife crazy that I rarely let things get to me, and I rarely get mad. So when I saw the panic in my wife's face, I made it my job to stay calm, and not let on how I was feeling. If I lose it, if I panic, the waiting is going to kill her. And it's funny, I can see my daughter doing the same thing with her husband (they live across the street from us). In fact my wife commented last night on how both of us have been as "cool as a cucumber" about it. I guess that old saying is true, The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

But the last 10 days has been the longest 10 days of my life. You try not to think about it. You try to keep busy, but in the quiet moments, when you are alone with your thoughts, your mind wanders into places it shouldn't.

The waiting is just about over now. Tomorrow she goes in and they start cutting and testing to see how far it has progressed. To see how far it has spread, too see if it has started spreading into her system. It will be a long day tomorrow, maybe longer then the last 10 days.

See below....

Steve.....keep your cool. As hard as it sounds, you can't panic until you have all the facts. And even then, panic doesn't get the job done. :D

Could be primary (stage 0), remove it and that will be that. Sounds like her doctor was on the ball and caught it way early! It's difficult.....be informed....but stay positive! :wacko:

And most of all.....just be there for her and the rest of the family. But mostly for her.

You and your daughter sound like me and my Dad. :wacko: Cool under fire....the rocks. But speaking as a rock, I also know that we find a way to be by ourselves to have our own mini-breakdowns. It's necessary, so do it. Then go back to being the cucumber that is calm enough to actually hear what the docs are saying. Take notes....and ask questions if it makes you feel better.

There's a "rock" over here in Columbus......if you need to vent. :wacko:

Prayers and vibes as long as you need them....but I'll be thinking about you all day tomorrow!

Good stuff Bunzy! :D

JoJo,

My best to you my friend. It sounds like your holding all the ropes together. I can't imagine having to deal w/ this, but you have a lot of very interested sincere people here pulling for her. This Huddle Mojo works.

God Bless, my prayers are w/ you, your daughter, and your family.

And I repeat "There's a "rock" over here in Columbus and Winfield.....if you need to vent." PM me your number, I'm callin'!

I'm here for you bro!

Tom Robin

Please hang in there. That is horrible news and while it's admirable that you want to stay strong for your wife, you need to let her and others know that you to are scared and upset.

Good thoughts sent your way.

Edited by TDFFFreak

JoJo, you and your daughter are in my prayers.

If you have to break down, then you have to break down... there is nothing wrong with that at all. In fact, breaking down for a bit might actually clear your mind somewhat and allow you to think about things more calmly and rationally than if you kept everything all bottled up.

There is no reason to feel sorry for coming here to your friends and venting about something like this my friend. This is the place to do it for sure....because the people here listen and try their darndest to help out however they can.

You hang in there and continue to be the person you are. We are here for you and your daughter. My absolute best wishes for a good outcome today for her...and like rr and bunz have said... you need something...call. We are only a PM of a phone number away.