[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Study: Illegal Immigrants Use Less Health Care.

evil_gop_liars

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are even taking an aspirin thanks to our tax dollars, it's too much. We should let them die in the streets. What part of illegal confuses you, evilgop?

Exactly. One illegal immigrant using tax dollars for health care is too much.

All it says is that illegal immigrants had fewer visits a year to the doctor than compared to their legal counterparts. I am not sure how that explains that illegal immigrants are not a "drag on the U.S. health care system" by justifying that they do not "overuse" services because they claim to go to the doctor less. What the study does not proivde is how much they do go. 1 trip a year is still 1 trip a year paid for by tax payer dollars.

Very indepth study here.

The finding from Alexander Ortega and colleagues at the school was based on a 2003 telephone survey of thousands of California residents, including 1,317 undocumented Mexicans, 2,851 citizens with Mexican immigrant parents, 271 undocumented Latinos from countries other than Mexico and 852 non-Mexican Latinos born in the United States.

Rather than asking the illegals themselves, why don't you ask the hospital board of directors about the drag that illegals are placing on their individual hospitals.

I was talking to a small business owner yesterday, and he asked if I was going to the immigration conference today. There is a conference here in town that has a one of our senators, one of our representatives, and Carl Rove discussing immigration reform. I'm not going, though I'm sending 3 people in the office to it. Anyway we started talking about the strain that illegals put on the health care system and education system, particularly in the border states. Just talking, I pulled an idea out of my ass. Why don't we stop penalizing businesses for hiring illegals. In reality they are rarely penalized anyway. The way I figure it, the main problem with the illegals is the financial strain the put on the system, so we need to find a way to tax them like everyone else. Of course I'd love to go to a national sales tax, but liberals will scream that it is regressive. So, why not tax their income. Have business owners not only pay the payroll tax, but deduct the income tax from any and all employees without any deductions. Then on April 15th everyone files a tax return, and the government sends most everyone that files a refund if they are legal.

I was talking to a small business owner yesterday, and he asked if I was going to the immigration conference today. There is a conference here in town that has a one of our senators, one of our representatives, and Carl Rove discussing immigration reform. I'm not going, though I'm sending 3 people in the office to it. Anyway we started talking about the strain that illegals put on the health care system and education system, particularly in the border states. Just talking, I pulled an idea out of my ass. Why don't we stop penalizing businesses for hiring illegals. In reality they are rarely penalized anyway. The way I figure it, the main problem with the illegals is the financial strain the put on the system, so we need to find a way to tax them like everyone else. Of course I'd love to go to a national sales tax, but liberals will scream that it is regressive. So, why not tax their income. Have business owners not only pay the payroll tax, but deduct the income tax from any and all employees without any deductions. Then on April 15th everyone files a tax return, and the government sends most everyone that files a refund if they are legal.

:D

So we should just ignore their illegal status? Are you in favor of an open border policy?

What makes anyone think that people that disregard our laws on a regular basis are going to respect different laws that you try to impose on them?

So we should just ignore their illegal status? Are you in favor of an open border policy?

What makes anyone think that people that disregard our laws on a regular basis are going to respect different laws that you try to impose on them?

No, but I'm for taxing them to help offset what they are costing the states in health care and education. I'd much rather just have a sales tax, but I don't see liberals ever letting that happen on a national level. Honestly though for the most part we are already ignoring their illegal status.

No, but I'm for taxing them to help offset what they are costing the states in health care and education. I'd much rather just have a sales tax, but I don't see liberals ever letting that happen on a national level. Honestly though for the most part we are already ignoring their illegal status.

im for a sales tax... oh wait im not a liberal.. never mind

All it says is that illegal immigrants had fewer visits a year to the doctor than compared to their legal counterparts.

That's probably because they have no means of paying for standard visits to the doctor, so they wait until they have to go to the emergency room. And the ER visits are ridiculously expensive.

The Feds REALLY need to crack down on the businesses that are hiring them.

A large portion of those illegals are also paying taxes for Medicare and Social Security they will never collect. BILLIONS of dollars worth.

Starting in the late 1980's, the Social Security Administration received a flood of W-2 earnings reports with incorrect - sometimes simply fictitious - Social Security numbers. It stashed them in what it calls the "earnings suspense file" in the hope that someday it would figure out whom they belonged to.

The file has been mushrooming ever since: $189 billion worth of wages ended up recorded in the suspense file over the 1990's, two and a half times the amount of the 1980's.

In the current decade, the file is growing, on average, by more than $50 billion a year, generating $6 billion to $7 billion in Social Security tax revenue and about $1.5 billion in Medicare taxes.

In 2002 alone, the last year with figures released by the Social Security Administration, nine million W-2's with incorrect Social Security numbers landed in the suspense file, accounting for $56 billion in earnings, or about 1.5 percent of total reported wages.

Edited by cre8tiff

Let me hip you all to the truth:

If many of us were in the same position as the "illegals," we'd do whatever we could to get to this country. Illegals wouldn't come to this country if they couldn't get a job/money.

I guess you are right. It isn't their fault then.

Let me hip you all to the truth:

If many of us were in the same position as the "illegals," we'd do whatever we could to get to this country. Illegals wouldn't come to this country if they couldn't get a job/money.

I thought you said we were a collapsing empire? Why would anyone in their right mind want to enter into such a stagmire?