[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My First business trip

whomper

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all good advice for whomper, who will be able to take advantage of all these suggestions for this trip and his next business trip 12 years from now.

:D Like rajn posted I think I am going to be traveling more now that our companies philosophy is changing and it looks like they are going to make me the front man for the new approach..For many years we sold clothing manufacturers who in turn sold retailers..We are now going direct to retailers so we know they are seeing our product..This does not cut out the manufacturers we always worked with because the retailers still place the orders with them . It just insures us that our product is being shown..It has worked out great with Express..I have been showing them direct for about 10 years now..So it looks like I may be traveling to the design headquarters of these retailers a lot..I will know more in January when I have my next set of meetings with my bosses..we already had some good preliminary talks.

Edited by whomper

to save you the embarrassment of asking the hotel: no, the titles of any movies you order don't show up on your bill.

Who needs to rent movies ? I have the ethernet

Edited by whomper

I used to travel a bunch but not so much anymore. I did make 2 trips to San Antonio within the last 2 months though. I hope to get in some "Shows" next year in ATL and San Diego.

:D Let me know.

Enough warning and I may even be able ot make the trip to SD. Don't mention the day before like rajn and I amy be able to make it work.

Oh yea....Columbus isn't my favorite city by any means...but the downtown sports area is kind of cool and you might be able to catch a Blue Jackets Hockey game.

I'd recommend Schmidt's Sausage Haus and Elevator Brewery if you are into those kind of things.

:D Sheesh.....I'll give you that. We aren't the most interesting city, by far. But you DID get to have beers with me. :D

nah, 2.5 hours away

I still haven't gotten to meet loaf either. :wacko:

I'm looking forward to seeing you, Whomp! :D Call me when you get into town on Monday. Or before. :D

:D Sheesh.....I'll give you that. We aren't the most interesting city, by far. But you DID get to have beers with me. :D

No offense there Bunzy....the beers were a great time. :wacko:

You got to realize that in a bout a year period I spent 3 months living out of a hotel working long days in Hebron Ohio. :D

Edited by bushwacked

It's easy...they give you a password for their wireless connection when you check-in. :D

Or if the hotel IT staff are really stupid: Just override the wireless connection's default password, change it, and change settings to allow only 1 connection (yours). The rest of the night is yours and yours alone. :D

No offense there Bunzy....the beers were a great time. :D

You got to realize that in a bout a year period I spent 3 months living out of a hotel working long days in Hebron Ohio. :wacko:

LOL......Hebron would leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth. :D That and that nightmare commute from downtown.....did you stay downtown the whole time? Lordy....that stretch of 70 stops dead in at least 3 places in rush hour. That would make anyone cranky. :D

And Hebron....is NOT Columbus. Most anyone living in Columbus would have to look it up on Mapquest. :D

LOL......Hebron would leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth. :wacko: That and that nightmare commute from downtown.....did you stay downtown the whole time? Lordy....that stretch of 70 stops dead in at least 3 places in rush hour. That would make anyone cranky. :D

And Hebron....is NOT Columbus. Most anyone living in Columbus would have to look it up on Mapquest. :D

:D

Nah...I was working in Hebron and staying in Heath. They have Applebees and Whitecastle. A Kroeger, a Wild Buffalo Wings, and a Damons further up north.

Again...thanks Jules for the brews! :D

I travel quite a bit for my company. I am usually on the road 10 days per month. Most of my travel is between Washington, Oregon, Idaho, California, Chicago, Las Vegas and Dallas. As tme goes on business travel becomes more and more overrated. There's no place like home.

Edited by theprofessor