[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fun Fact!

untateve

I enjoy a nice cup of coffee. I use a french press and I have a small aluminum thermos that holds about two cups of coffee. In the morning, I brew myself the coffee, pour myself a cup, and pour the rest into my thermos to keep it hot.

Now today, I notice that the inside of my thermos is really, really dirty. This is going to need something stronger than regular soap and water. I remember that my wife has purchased Oxi-Clean for the laundry and since adding a scoop to each wash, our clothes are cleaner and brighter.

My mind is always working and I think to myself, the Oxi-Clean container says that it is "versatile." I've seen my wife clean stains off the rug with it. So I fill my thermos a little more than 3/4 full with hot water and about a1/2 scoop of Oxi-Clean. I close the thermos up, give it a good shake, and look for other good I can do. About 15 minutes later, I hear a small noise in the kitchen. "Odd," I think to myself and go to investigate. Nothing amiss, so I go back to other things.

Approximately 5 minutes later, I hear a loud boom that eminates from the kitchen. I run to the kitchen and I'm greeted with an interesting sight: There is about 1/4 deep circle in my ceiling that is about the same diameter as my thermos top. Strangely, my thermos top is now on the kitchen floor and it has a noticeable crack in it. I clearly recall not putting it on the floor, but rather screwing it rather tightly into my thermos. There is also nasty, brown, coffee water all over the ceiling and cabinets.

Using deductive reasoning, it becomes apparent that I created something akin to a bomb when I decided to clean my thermos. I then go and read the Oxi-Clean container. Near the end of the "Warning" section it notes, "Do not store unused solutions for more than 6 hours, as pressure can build up and rupture the container and cause injury." Unfortunately, nowhere did it say that I shouldn't close it up tight in hot water inside my thermos. If it had, there is a small possibility I would have been dissuaded from my cleaning endeavor.

My wife is not home right now. My question to all of you--when she returns home and notices the ceiling, what should I tell her?

Sounds like those damn kids again.

If no children were present, then I would opt for trying to kill a bat which led to a broom handle being jabbed into the ceiling. Fortunately, you were able to subdue the bat and save your wife from danger.

We use to get plastic two liter bottles, and put about 1/3 full of hot water, and drop in about a dozen marble sized foil balls... then pour in some crystal drano, put cap on, shake, throw!!!!

Makes a very loud, messy toxic bomb. Best if thrown in someones window you have a beef with.

We use to get plastic two liter bottles, and put about 1/3 full of hot water, and drop in about a dozen marble sized foil balls... then pour in some crystal drano, put cap on, shake, throw!!!!

Makes a very loud, messy toxic bomb. Best if thrown in someones window you have a beef with.

It also produces hydrogen gas.... so if you leave a burning rag on it, it will produce a huge fireball.

Yeah... I did that too.

Drano bombs work great. Will literally take stumps out. The old metal film canisters worked great as did mayonaise jars. Foil balls are key also.

Edited by Hugh B Tool

I enjoy a nice cup of coffee. I use a french press and I have a small aluminum thermos that holds about two cups of coffee. In the morning, I brew myself the coffee, pour myself a cup, and pour the rest into my thermos to keep it hot.

Now today, I notice that the inside of my thermos is really, really dirty. This is going to need something stronger than regular soap and water. I remember that my wife has purchased Oxi-Clean for the laundry and since adding a scoop to each wash, our clothes are cleaner and brighter.

My mind is always working and I think to myself, the Oxi-Clean container says that it is "versatile." I've seen my wife clean stains off the rug with it. So I fill my thermos a little more than 3/4 full with hot water and about a1/2 scoop of Oxi-Clean. I close the thermos up, give it a good shake, and look for other good I can do. About 15 minutes later, I hear a small noise in the kitchen. "Odd," I think to myself and go to investigate. Nothing amiss, so I go back to other things.

Approximately 5 minutes later, I hear a loud boom that eminates from the kitchen. I run to the kitchen and I'm greeted with an interesting sight: There is about 1/4 deep circle in my ceiling that is about the same diameter as my thermos top. Strangely, my thermos top is now on the kitchen floor and it has a noticeable crack in it. I clearly recall not putting it on the floor, but rather screwing it rather tightly into my thermos. There is also nasty, brown, coffee water all over the ceiling and cabinets.

Using deductive reasoning, it becomes apparent that I created something akin to a bomb when I decided to clean my thermos. I then go and read the Oxi-Clean container. Near the end of the "Warning" section it notes, "Do not store unused solutions for more than 6 hours, as pressure can build up and rupture the container and cause injury." Unfortunately, nowhere did it say that I shouldn't close it up tight in hot water inside my thermos. If it had, there is a small possibility I would have been dissuaded from my cleaning endeavor.

My wife is not home right now. My question to all of you--when she returns home and notices the ceiling, what should I tell her?

blame it on bad thai food which led to explosive diarrhea

I almost got arrested doing this in high school. I may or may not have blown up about 8 mailboxes. :D

We used to do all sorts of crazy home made stuff like this all the time when we were kids. I had this family that live next door to me who had three boys all with in 2 years of each other. Their father was like uber special forces and would teach us all sorts of cool ways to set snares or make impromptu explosives.

One awesome thing we would do was mix chloride and gas in a 2 litter bottle that is filled with nails and roll it down a hill in the creek. You got about 5 seconds before it explodes and impales nails on everything

Go buy some misltetoe and hang it from the hole in the ceiling. :D

You'd be surprised at the things that can go unnoticed in some homes. One of my High School friend's Father had a VCR in their Living Room which was never detected by her Mother for over 10 years. They simply set it on the floor under the TV with a brown unmarked cardboard box on top of it. She never bothered to look inside. :D