[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Best Year Of My Life

Menudo

Disclaimer: This is going to be a sappy, spill out my heart type of post..............you've been warned.

Two years ago, I experienced the worst year of my life. As many of you know, my best friend, my Dad, passed away. Two months prior to that, my Grandfather (My Dad's Father) passed away. Losing my Dad was extremely difficult for me. I'm still not over it, but, having my son certainly helped me move on. I do wish my Dad was still here to see my Son, but, I do know that he is watching from above, and he is proud. I just hope that someday, my son will feel the same about me, as I do about my Dad.

O.k. fast forward to this last year. Today is my Son's birthday. He was born December 29th, 2006. My families just left, after his birthday party, and I was sitting here, doing some reflecting. This was easily the best year of my life, and right now, I'm feeling as good as I ever have. My son did so much for me. Mainly, he motivates me want to be a better Husband, as good of a Dad as I could possibly be, and just a better man in general. What he has done for my life can't be put into words. I don't want to turn this into a religious thing, but, my relationship with God is the strongest it has ever been. I've been going to church again, and I'm even volunteering as their computer support person. We've improved our financial situation and moved into our dream house. My son brings me so many moments of joy every single day. It really is amazing. There is nothing like it in the world, and it is something that no matter how many times other people describe it to you, one simply doesn't know that feeling until they have a child of their own. It is simply amazing.

Anyway, here is a video I've put together for his 1st Birthday. This will probably ruin my Mystery Huddler chances, but, oh well:

Here is the full version, but, you have to download it.......... :D

Here it is in 3 parts on Youtube.............

Very cute kid ya got there Menudo. :D

Since this probaby precludes you from participating in MH...

1. Loaf!

2. Ghey, very ghey.

3. The chick in the video is obviously a beard.

4. How do I know you're ghey?...Barry Manilow and Elton John songs.

:D

As a fellow steeeeeler fan who has felt the pain of losing his father and thrived in the joy of being a dad, I'm so glad you've come through the pain and found the joy ... I look at my munchkins and know my dad would be proud of them -- and that's pretty cool. All my best to you and your family.

As for MH, I'd have guessed "puddy" ...

Very well done! :wacko: Enjoy as much as you can, then look for more.

RR juniorette is still single so my grandpa days are a ways away, but my Godson, told us a couple of weeks ago, that he and his wife are going to have a boy this April!!! :D:D:D I can't wait! Understand, I TRULY played the role of Godfather w/ him as his Dad passed when he was 12. I will play the role of Grand God Father w/ his child, and enjoy.

Peace, the best of health, and the best of times to you and your beautiful family, Menudo!

Edited by rocknrobn26

Awesome videos Menudo!! You have a beautiful boy there and a great family!! You're doing a great job, especially with the production of the videos and documenting things as time flies by. :D

Very cute kid ya got there Menudo. :wacko:

Since this probaby precludes you from participating in MH...

1. Loaf!

2. Ghey, very ghey.

3. The chick in the video is obviously a beard.

4. How do I know you're ghey?...Barry Manilow and Elton John songs.

How did you know who sang those songs ? :D

Great post Menudo.

This has probably been the "worst" year of my life because of a lot of personal family issue's but I still have a lot to be thankful for and that is the the most important thing to hold onto. Life is about change. Some good some bad. How we handle and learn from the bad, defines us. I too have had someone come into my life recently that has "changed" me and made me want to be the best man I can be. Thanks to my Grandson, Malachi, :D for replacing a lot of pain and hurt that I encountered this year. I love you!

:D What great videos. Thanks so much for sharing..Happy Birthday to Aiden and Congratulations on a wonderful family. Paul would be proud. Quick question though. Is the girl at the 40-42 second mark of video 2 old enough for me to use the :D graemlin ?

Edited by whomper

:wacko: What great videos. Thanks so much for sharing..Happy Birthday to Aiden and Congratulations on a wonderful family. Paul would be proud. Quick question though. Is the girl at the 40-42 second mark of video 2 old enough for me to use the :D graemlin ?

That is my 16 year old niece :D

Edited by Menudo

:D Beautiful family menudo!

:D I see you have as much control over your golden retriever as I do over mine when it comes to the little guy.

The babys response when the dog licked him was one of my favorite parts :wacko: