[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your guiltiest musical pleasure

SheikYerbuti

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably Justin Timberlake. NTTAWWT. :D

Bah. If only it that bad... some of his recent stuff is actually rather good. Don't own it, but don't mind it.

The first thing I ever won on the radio was the Christopher Cross album. I've loved it more than anything else in life since.

:wacko: Love me some CC.

I can't get enough Avril...:D

+1

OK, I've got some Isaak as well. Add that to my list...

+2

Spin Doctors.

:D

-------

And I guess it'll have to come down to Big John's sleuthing for me to don the seldom-used triple bag. :D

Christian is one I just never could get into. It all seems just so hokey to me, even all the so-called modern stuff.

that whole "contemporary christian" genre is pure dreck. that souht park episode a while back nailed it....just take whatever happens to be the lamest top 40 song of the moment, substitute "jesus" for "baby", and bam....goldmine.

U2 is the only halfway decent Christian music out there.

Of the top of my head, Lenny Kravitz actually has some pretty good "Spiritual" stuff & I can tolerate some Jars of Clay music.

Edited by rajncajn

Of the top of my head, Lenny Kravitz actually has some pretty good "Spiritual" stuff & I can tolerate some Jars of Clay music.

Not sure what kind of music you're into but you might want to check out 12 Stones. They're from your neck of the woods (sorta - more like Balla's old 'hood .... Covington I believe).

Not sure what kind of music you're into but you might want to check out 12 Stones. They're from your neck of the woods (sorta - more like Balla's old 'hood .... Covington I believe).

These guys?

I don't know...that sounds a lot like the contrived dreck that Az was referring to above (although I wouldn't necessarily describe it as contemporary). I've never been a big "indie" fan, or a fan of Pedro the Lion, but they are one of the few groups that didn't come across "artifical" to me as a Christian band (at least my buddy told me the had a lot of religious elements in their lyrics).

These guys?

I don't know...that sounds a lot like the contrived dreck that Az was referring to above (although I wouldn't necessarily describe it as contemporary). I've never been a big "indie" fan, or a fan of Pedro the Lion, but they are one of the few groups that didn't come across "artifical" to me as a Christian band (at least my buddy told me the had a lot of religious elements in their lyrics).

That's them and that's one of their not-so-good songs, IMO. The lead singer is the guy that does the interlude in Evenesence's "Bring me to Life", to give you an idea of where they're coming from. 12 Stones was off-the-hook live and for that matter, people rip on Evenesence plenty but they were absolutely awesome live as well.

Patsy Cline - 'Sweet Dreams', 'I fall to Pieces' and 'Crazy'...still the greatest female vocalist of all-time

Patsy Cline is in no way shape or form ghey, lame or craptacular. . .please stick to the rules of the thread sir.

:D

Edited by SheikYerbuti

And I guess it'll have to come down to Big John's sleuthing for me to don the seldom-used triple bag. :D

Something off of Thriller I assume

Loaded question...there's some stuff on my iPod from Soundtracks that I wouldn't necessarily have. However, in terms of a guilty pleasure album, it's Elton John Live in Australia with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. :D

And we bought the Grammy Award Winners disc from last year and JT's "Sexy Back" is pretty good. :D

Edited by gilthorp