[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are gas prices where you live?

Randall

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Average price is 3.79 for 87. The median of 87 is also 3.79. One place has it for 3.69. Premium averages 4.06 with a median of 4.08, with the low being 4.93. Diesel averages 3.98 with the median being 3.97. Gas prices this month are higher than they have been in the month of April in the last 6 years ( longest time period I could find ). In the last 6 years gas prices have only been higher in the peak season end of May to beginning of August in 2008. I dread seeing what they are going to be this summer during the peak season. Sounds like we need more drilling and more refining permits.

never thought i'd have ta spend 85 tacos ta fill up. We got caught with our pants down and now we're gettin drywalled :tup: with what it costs for gas,business insurance,permits, liscences,equipment , thanks Perch i'm pissed, this has got to be worse then the Bosten Tea Pardy...WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO...DUH I DON'T KNOW, WELL FRIGGIN COME UP WITH SOMETHUN :wacko:

The average in SD is now $4.09 per gallon with no end to the price increases in sight.

Now the average is $4.18 per gallon. :wacko:

Edited by Chargerz

• 3 weeks later...
quote name='keggerz' date='4/6/08 9:59am' post='2443771']

3.19 down the corner which is down .02 from Friday

quote name='keggerz' date='4/25/08 7:17am' post='2463395']

i am about an hour from VA Beach and its 3.36 to 3.39 for the most part here in williamsburg...but there is a place that is on the opposite corner from where i get my gas(3.39) and they have gas at 3.54

quote name='keggerz' date='4/29/08 4:46pm' post='2467464']

No one in a million years will be able to guess what I paid today per gallon to fill up...

:tup::lol::rofl: :rofl:

:bow::yay::brew: :brew:

$2.999

:brew::pc:;):yay:

:bag::doh::bow::link:

what is sad is that i am actually happy about paying $3 bucks for a gallon of gas....

We have a Farm Fresh(grocery store) that has pumps and today they ran a special

at the $2.99(up to 15 gallons)....normally they have items that when you purchase you save

up to 10 cents/gallon...the wait was about 20-25mins....across the street at the

East Coast there was no wait but then again they were $3.479

unfortunately i was only able to squeeze a bit more then 13 gallons into my explorer

quote name='keggerz' date='5/26/08 11:38pm' post='2488564']

How long before we see stations pricing gas by the HALF GALLON?

oh and 3.72 was the lowest i saw here in the WIlliamsburg area and $3.98 was the highest...avg was around 3.79

quote name='keggerz' date='7/16/08 5:03pm' post='2529316']

quote name='keggerz' date='8/5/08 3:04pm' post='2548981']

quote name='keggerz' date='8/6/08 8:59pm' post='2550504']

3.59 today

quote name='keggerz' date='10/9/08 12:13pm' post='2646720']

$3.28 on Tuesday afternoon

$3.23 yesterday at 6:30 AM

$3.00 yesterday at 5:00 PM

still $3.00 this morning at 6:30AM

quote name='keggerz' date='10/9/08 4:31pm' post='2647113']

and now down to $2.99

quote name='keggerz' date='10/14/08 12:11am' post='2653206']

$2.91 (the station I have been giving prices on).....bought gas today for $2.89 and saw $2.87

quote name='keggerz' date='10/16/08 7:29pm' post='2657660']

$2.71 when I went by it at 6pm but my wife said at 3pm it was $2.76

quote name='keggerz' date='10/27/08 3:09pm' post='2672672']

down to $2.31

quote name='keggerz' date='10/30/08 12:37am' post='2675777']

$2.21

quote name='keggerz' date='11/1/08 7:49pm' post='2678616']

quote name='keggerz' date='11/3/08 1:21pm' post='2680706']

2.01 this morning...wonder what it will be when i head home

quote name='keggerz' date='11/6/08 10:13pm' post='2686825']

$1.97

quote name='keggerz' date='11/14/08 2:23pm' post='2696119']

quote name='keggerz' date='11/16/08 12:32pm' post='2698253']

quote name='keggerz' date='11/23/08 10:56am' post='2705908']

quote name='keggerz' date='11/28/08 9:43am' post='2711689']

$1.60 but paid $1.57 about an hour 1/2 away from home yesterday on the way back from Thanksgiving Lunch

quote name='keggerz' date='12/2/08 10:56am' post='2716213']

today is the 1st time that gas has gone back up...from $1.60 to $1.65

quote name='keggerz' date='12/4/08 11:08am' post='2718892']

and back down...$1.59

quote name='keggerz' date='12/10/08 11:13pm' post='2726911']

virginia?

$1.49 here (about an hour south of richmond)

quote name='keggerz' date='12/17/08 1:40am' post='2734272']

down to $1.46 this past weekend and now up to $1.55

quote name='keggerz' date='12/18/08 3:47pm' post='2735615']

up to $1.61

quote name='keggerz' date='12/23/08 10:59am' post='2741480']

1.52 yesterday

1.48 today

quote name='keggerz' date='1/14/09 11:10am' post='2755967']

moved up to $1.69 but now it is at $1.67 (after getting as low as $1.38)

quote name='keggerz' date='1/16/09 12:52am' post='2757279']

and back down to $1.59 today :wacko:

quote name='keggerz' date='2/13/09 3:06pm' post='2775108']

quote name='keggerz' date='5/10/10 8:28am' post='3143220']

$2.75 wonder where they will go due to the leak

quote name='keggerz' date='3/2/11 12:07am' post='3392466']

Paid $3.12 on Sunday but today prices are $3.19 to 3.49

quote name='keggerz' date='3/11/11 8:14pm' post='3399037']

paid $3.42 today at the place I paid $3.12 just ten days ago

$3.49

+93

Do you get alot of people asking about gas mileage? Like we buy these for gas mileage. Some guy asked me the other day. :wacko:

Not yet. I'm not even sure what my mpg is, although I have read about it somewheres. 15-16 maybe.

$4.45 today in suburban Chicago.

F

M

L

I am going to start hijacking gas trucks and hoarding gas a la "The Road Warrior" . . .

Chitown avg = $4.44 today. According to the news that is the highest in the US!

and oil companies are making record profits and increasing dividends

l-sigh-

:wacko:

If Oil price changes affected gasoline prices proportionally, I'd accept that comment. But the unfortunate truth is that they don't.

A percentage increase in oil is usually met with an equal to greater percentage increase in gasoline prices. But when oil prices fall, gasoline prices are both slow to react and rarely see a proportional decrease in price.

Why is this? The reason is that oil price is, for all intensive purposes, an artificial number. It can be affected by futures, political instability, foreign bodies increasing/decreasing production etc. Gasoline prices are affected by this somewhat as 50-75% of gasoline costs are crude costs which explains the spike in gasoline prices when oil goes up.

However, gasoline is largely a traditional supply/demand commodity and its price is set accordingly. When oil (and by extension, gasoline) goes up, the demand has proven not to decrease. Limited supply and seemingly limitless demand? That's a recipe of increasing prices and a slow relaxation when oil does roll back. If consumers are willing to pay $4/gal when crude costs are high, why cut into your profits and drop the price when crude costs go down? It's easy justification to boost the price when oil goes up, and demand gives you little incentive to drop your price when commodity prices are down. This is the mentality of many gasoline producers (read: refineries not oil producing companies).

Typically in a volatile price scenario such as the one we live in now, it's the refineries and midstream companies that make the most money currently.

PM me if you want more information.

If Oil price changes affected gasoline prices proportionally, I'd accept that comment. But the unfortunate truth is that they don't.

A percentage increase in oil is usually met with an equal to greater percentage increase in gasoline prices. But when oil prices fall, gasoline prices are both slow to react and rarely see a proportional decrease in price.

Why is this? The reason is that oil price is, for all intensive purposes, an artificial number. It can be affected by futures, political instability, foreign bodies increasing/decreasing production etc. Gasoline prices are affected by this somewhat as 50-75% of gasoline costs are crude costs which explains the spike in gasoline prices when oil goes up.

However, gasoline is largely a traditional supply/demand commodity and its price is set accordingly. When oil (and by extension, gasoline) goes up, the demand has proven not to decrease. Limited supply and seemingly limitless demand? That's a recipe of increasing prices and a slow relaxation when oil does roll back. If consumers are willing to pay $4/gal when crude costs are high, why cut into your profits and drop the price when crude costs go down? It's easy justification to boost the price when oil goes up, and demand gives you little incentive to drop your price when commodity prices are down. This is the mentality of many gasoline producers (read: refineries not oil producing companies).

Typically in a volatile price scenario such as the one we live in now, it's the refineries and midstream companies that make the most money currently.

Tord . . thank you for the post. I know you are in the oil biz, and information helps out the uninformed about why prices are high.

Thank you :wacko:

Next to Hawaii which has the highest prices.

http://www.californiagasprices.com/Prices_Nationally.aspx

But his chart shows Chi having the highest. http://www.californiagasprices.com/Prices_...ly.aspx?d=metro

:wacko:

So basically gas is high because...we buy it no matter.

And it's down to $3.77 (dropped two cents) here because OBL is dead.

Edited by The Holy Roller

Tord . . thank you for the post. I know you are in the oil biz, and information helps out the uninformed about why prices are high.

Thank you :wacko:

I don't want to come across as defending oil companies, although it may appear as such sometimes. They aren't blameless in this but there are so many other factors that contribute to the cost of gasoline that it's unfair to blame them completely.

T ford. It is reports like the one below that seem very contradictory. Supply=Up . . . Demand = down . . . Prices= all time high?? :wacko:

NEW YORK (AP) -- Oil dropped Wednesday after a government report showed that supplies of petroleum products are growing as demand weakens in the U.S.

The Energy Information Administration said that oil supplies increased by 3.4 million barrels last week -- twice as much as energy analysts expected. The government also reported that gasoline demand averaged 9.1 million barrels per day, down almost 2 percent from a year ago.

Benchmark crude for June delivery lost $2.01 at $109.04 per barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. In London, Brent gave up $1.40 at $121.05 per barrel on the ICE Futures exchange.

Energy experts have said for months that higher gasoline prices are forcing drivers to buy less fuel. In its weekly report, MasterCard SpendingPulse said the four-week average of gasoline purchases in the U.S. dropped for the sixth consecutive week, compared with a year ago. EIA said the four-week average wholesale gasoline demand also has dropped for the sixth straight week.

The drop in consumption hasn't kept pump prices from rising. Gasoline has increased for 43 days straight, hitting a national average of $3.982 per gallon on Wednesday, according to AAA, Wright Express and Oil Price Information Service. Pump prices have increased 91 cents per gallon since the beginning of the year. A gallon of regular now costs more than $4 in 13 states and Washington, D.C.

In other Nymex trading for June contracts, heating oil lost 4 cents at $3.1542 per gallon and gasoline futures fell 4 cents to $3.2935 per gallon. Natural gas lost 3 cents at $4.703 per 1,000 cubic feet.

So basically gas is high because...we buy it no matter.

And it's down to $3.77 (dropped two cents) here because OBL is dead.

Might not be that simple but for the most part, yes.

Do you still fill up you vehicle as regularly as you did 10 years ago? I do. And the price is over double what I used to pay. And if gasoline went up another $2/gal, I'd probably still pay it as sickening as it may be.

*** I should qualify my previous statements that very large oil companies like Exxon, ConocoPhillips, Imperial Oil etc. own both producing facilities (wells and crude handling facilities) in addition to refineries. I work for a company who only produces.***

T ford. It is reports like the one below that seem very contradictory. Supply=Up . . . Demand = down . . . Prices= all time high?? :wacko:

2% drop in gasoline usage but an increase of 13.5% in price in the last 3 months? Looks like they are still coming out ahead to me. Granted, much of that increase is due to crude cost increases but my point remains.

From a pure economics point of view, it makes sense to continue to drive up the price until your losses from lack of consumption outweigh the gains from price increases.

Factor in that domestic refineries will continue to struggle to keep outputs high as time rolls on, I don't see things getting better anytime soon.

2% drop in gasoline usage but an increase of 13.5% in price in the last 3 months? Looks like they are still coming out ahead to me. Granted, much of that increase is due to crude cost increases but my point remains.

From a pure economics point of view, it makes sense to continue to drive up the price until your losses from lack of consumption outweigh the gains from price increases.

Factor in that domestic refineries will continue to struggle to keep outputs high as time rolls on, I don't see things getting better anytime soon.

um . .yeah . . . but that doesnt mean I have to be happy about it.