[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

YOUR Draft Day Grades for your team on day one

keggerz

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

briefly glanced over the thread and don't think the Giants have been mentioned yet. I mean really, how can you grade the draft of a team that needs NOTHING??

But seriously, I love the DB/DB move in the first 2 rounds to replace the old Sam Madison and departed Gabril Wilson. I'd consider the draft a total success if they can somehow move Shockey on day 2.

My grade - A

Vikings: C+

Considering what was available at 17 when the Vikings picked and what other teams paid to move up, I think a 1st and both 3rds was a great move to get Allen.

Since we only had one pick on day one, they traded up to get S Tyrell Johnson. That is one position they need depth at. Offensive line is also a concern, but they gave up their 4th round pick that could have been used for that. Would that guy have fallen?? The Vikings preached about not giving up picks, but they did it twice. I guess we will see what happens tomorrow...

I'd give the Vikes a B to a B-

They made a decent pick (possibly the top Safety in the draft) but they traded up for him. The Vikings have been trading up for guys that could have / should have fallen to them anyway for a few years now. They lack draft day toughness. It is a problem.

Both of their NFL profiles aren't very encouraging. Gosder Cherilus is a mauler RT that got dominated his senior year when they moved him to LT. Goes on to say poor lateral movement, poor footwork, and counldn't get down the snap count which resulted in a slew of penalties. So we drafted a rookie version of George Foster? You can't make this poopy up! I guess this pick goes with wanting to become a run heavy team...to bad they don't have any running backs. I don't get it with Otah still on the board and I would have rather drafted Mendenhall or Felix Jones too.

Dizon's positive analysis starts with "Lacks size, strength and speed..." Yipee! So he's fits our typical and forgettable mold of small speedy linebackers...except he doesn't have the speed! Goes on to say he could be moved to safety...don't we already have like 7 safeties?! The Lions needed a MLB, this guy is not it.

Looks like the Lions just traded up two spots to draft Kevin Smith. I like that pick, but it's the only bright spot so far.

do you understand the responsiblities of a Tampa 2 MLB? Dizon is a GREAT fit for the lions.

Connor to Carolina. Beason to WLB now?

I think that may be in the works. Last year, Beason was drafted hoping that Morgan would last the year and Beason would give them some speed outside, but we know how that worked out and Beason was terrific in the middle. Now with Connor still on the board, the Panthers figured, maybe they switch him back outside and let Connor man the middle. Connor is a terrific player and I was quite surprised to see my pro team take the first Nittany Lion, but hard to argue with the value at Connor in the mid 3rd round. The kid from Iowa, will likely get moved over to FS based on his ability to play both corner and safety and with Harris at SS I think Fox and Hurney were looking to get an upgrade at FS to help improve the back side of the defense. Now we need to focus on DL and another backup QB like Josh Johnson or Dennis Dixon later in the 5th. I am liking the two 3rd round picks, despite that I thought for sure they were going to take Patrick Sims or Dre Moore at DT. Maybe we will get lucky and have Dre Moore still there in the 5th round.

I am pushing up my grade from a B- to a B+ after our two 3rd round picks. :wacko:

Edited by PSULions

Not sure how can you give your team a D of F when they pick up a #1 from next year that could potentially be pretty high... Plus, they got a good player where they picked.

What does that #1 pick do for them now? If they can turn around and use that to get a WR then I am fine with that. It seems that this could be McNabb's last season and the Eagles haven't done much to help him win. They still have no red-zone targets. Jackson is a nice KR/PR but I want to see him get off the line before I comment on his receiving skills. The problem the Eagles WR have had is that they get jammed at the line. Being 5'9" - 179 lbs doesn't help. The Eagles are a player or two away from competing for the division and the NFC IMO.

Both starting tackles are 33 years old+ and in the last year of their contracts. Otah would have been a nice pick to groom this year to take over LT next year. Winston Justice has proved he can not play LT.

Sean Constadine is their starting SS. That worries me.

I think they got great value in the trade with Carolina. If the Eagles are going to rebuild then I am fine with the pick. Problem is that this team is loaded with veteran players. The Kolb pick last year didn't make sense to me and the DT pick this year doesn't make sense either.

I think that may be in the works. Last year, Beason was drafted hoping that Morgan would last the year and Beason would give them some speed outside, but we know how that worked out and Beason was terrific in the middle. Now with Connor still on the board, the Panthers figured, maybe they switch him back outside and let Connor man the middle. Connor is a terrific player and I was quite surprised to see my pro team take the first Nittany Lion, but hard to argue with the value at Connor in the mid 3rd round. The kid from Iowa, will likely get moved over to FS based on his ability to play both corner and safety and with Harris at SS I think Fox and Hurney were looking to get an upgrade at FS to help improve the back side of the defense. Now we need to focus on DL and another backup QB like Josh Johnson or Dennis Dixon later in the 5th. I am liking the two 3rd round picks, despite that I thought for sure they were going to take Patrick Sims or Dre Moore at DT. Maybe we will get lucky and have Dre Moore still there in the 5th round.

I am pushing up my grade from a B- to a B+ after our two 3rd round picks. :wacko:

I'm liking the Panthers draft so far... A lot.

I'll give the Vikes a B+. Had they not made the Jared Allen trade, they wouldn't have had a decent DE in the draft. The Jags paid almost as much for the right to pick Harvey and Allen is an established player while Harvey may or may not pan out.

They grabbed a FS Tyrell Johnson in the 2nd round but moved up to get him. The way it sounded, the Vikes had 4 or 5 players that they were looking to for their 2nd round pick. Some of those players started to come off the board. I believe that WR Eddie Royal was one of these and the Vikes moved up right after he was picked. Tyrell Johnson was the 2nd FS taken after Phillips and he will get on the field this year.

As of right now, the Vikes have 6 picks in this draft and only one of these is an original pick they owned (5th).

Edited by MikesVikes

do you understand the responsiblities of a Tampa 2 MLB? Dizon is a GREAT fit for the lions.

hmmmmm, is being a great fit for the Lions supposed to be a good thing? We should start calling our version of the Tampa 2 the Detroit 32nd.

Maybe its just me, but Santana Moss and Antwaan Randle El were not gonna scare anyone, regardless of the QB.

Oh, no i agree. The thing is this - I think that the Skins do not have the infrastructure in place [via their offense] to compete throw-for-throw with the Giants, Eagles and especially the Cowboys [i threw up a little in my mouth typing that]. Eli evolved last year to show he can manage the game and when he needed to, throw it deep to Plax. McNabb, even though he hasn't been himself the past couple of years, still can bring it when he needs to. Romo is a good QB and i personally feel [more throw up] that he will be a fantastic QB and Dallas will take their place as a dominate team in future seasons [more throw up].

The skins cannot expect to create a passing attack that would help them against either of these offenses. Point for Point the other three could and would out score them. All four teams have good Ds. The skins really need to keep on pace with the model that Gibbs has begun to build. Power running and a great D. You could give me, TO, Moss, C. Johnson and Steve Smith but if its me throwing the ball, they aint gonna put up stellar numbers.

Campbell will be a fine QB. He will be a manager of the offense. He is smart, he has good vision in the pocket and what impressed me the most was last year, several times when the pock was collapsing around him, he didn't panic but instead stepped forward in the pocket. You can't teach that to a young QB. However i do not think he will ever have the accuracy to explode and keep pace with any of the other Offenses in the NFC East.

Bring youth and speed to the D-line, pressure the QB and collapse the pocket, free up the LBS to keep people like Witten from making huge gains, let the secondary do what it does. Power running, solid, shut D will be the model for the Skins to make it to the NFC Champ. game, not passing.

This is just MHO of course but still i do not agree with 2 WR and a TE.

You got the Wisconsin DT.

That is how I see it. I think they made out real well with the trade but I would have liked to see them grab maybe a safety or OT instead of DT. I just don't get it. Are they saying they don't trust Bunkley and Patterson who were both recent 1st round picks? I just hope they plan on using Jackson more as a KR/PR. Which still leaves them with a need to upgrade the WR position.

exactly how I feel about Jackson and about the WR position because I think that's the reason we haven't traded Lito yet....

1. Round 1, Pick 22 (22) (From Browns) Felix Jones RB 6'0" 200 Arkansas

2. Round 1, Pick 25 (25) (From Seahawks) Mike Jenkins CB 6'0" 200 South Florida

3. Round 2, Pick 30 (61) Martellus Bennett TE 6'6" 259 Texas A&M

4. Round 4, Pick 23 (122) (From Browns) Tashard Choice RB 5'11" 215 Georgia Tech

5. Round 5, Pick 8 (143) (From Bears through Bills and Jaguars) Orlando Scandrick CB 5'10" 192 Boise State

6. Round 6, Pick 1 (167) (From Dolphins) Erik Walden DE 6'2" 238 Middle Tennessee State

I give the Cowboys a C as I don't understand the Scandrick pick. Bad character guy is all we need. Jerry went off the reservation on day 2. Who the hell is Walden? Choice more RB debth fine. Need to check on the trades and see what we got for next year and see if it makes me any happier. But I feel blaw about day 2. Love Felix and Jenkins but the rest has me just shrugging my shoulders.

Player Pos Ht Wt College

Round 1 (27th) Antoine Cason | CB 6'0" 190 Arizona

Round 3 (69th) Jacob Hester | RB 5'11" 230 LSU

Round 5 (166th) Marcus Thomas RB 6'2" 215; Texas-El Paso

Round 6 (192nd) DeJuan Tribble CB 5'9" 190; Boston College

Round 7 (234th) Corey Clark OT 6'5" 315 TEXAS A&M

Cason and Hester are good picks. Cason will add coverage on passing downs and Hester has the size to pound defenses when LT needs a breather. Thomas is a good player and at the very least will play on special teams. Tribble is an unknown to me, and I was surprised A.J. took him. We FINALLY drafted an OT, Clark, in the 7th round.

I would have liked to see more linemen drafted. I thought we would draft at least two and maybe even three. The O line is thin and Jamal's not getting any younger. This may come back to haunt the Bolts as the year progresses.

I'm giving this draft a "C".

1. Round 1, Pick 22 (22) (From Browns) Felix Jones RB 6'0" 200 Arkansas

2. Round 1, Pick 25 (25) (From Seahawks) Mike Jenkins CB 6'0" 200 South Florida

3. Round 2, Pick 30 (61) Martellus Bennett TE 6'6" 259 Texas A&M

4. Round 4, Pick 23 (122) (From Browns) Tashard Choice RB 5'11" 215 Georgia Tech

5. Round 5, Pick 8 (143) (From Bears through Bills and Jaguars) Orlando Scandrick CB 5'10" 192 Boise State

6. Round 6, Pick 1 (167) (From Dolphins) Erik Walden DE 6'2" 238 Middle Tennessee State

I give the Cowboys a C as I don't understand the Scandrick pick. Bad character guy is all we need. Jerry went off the reservation on day 2. Who the hell is Walden? Choice more RB debth fine. Need to check on the trades and see what we got for next year and see if it makes me any happier. But I feel blaw about day 2. Love Felix and Jenkins but the rest has me just shrugging my shoulders.

Pretty much my feelings too.

The first 2 picks made me happy.

Trade Fasano friday and pick Bennett Saturday? :D

I can understand the Choice pick with only Barber and Coleman on the roster with Felix I guess. :wacko:

I don't know enough about the other 2 to comment ( did'nt know Scandrick had character issues), guess we'll see...

Can't understand why they did'nt take Manningham or another wr somewhere along the way.

EDIT TO ADD GRADE-- I guess I'd rate it a B. Without Jones and Jenkins it's an F. :D

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

I'd give the Vikes a B to a B-

The Vikings have been trading up for guys that could have / should have fallen to them anyway for a few years now. They lack draft day toughness. It is a problem.

Or.... it could be possible they have a better idea of whats happening during the draft then the average fan does?

Why did da Bears draft another TE???? :wacko:

That was a classic Angelo pick: the guy's been hurt for a bit, but if he hadn't been dinged is seen by many as a steal. But was replacing Gilmore really a 4th round priority or whatever? Um, no.

briefly glanced over the thread and don't think the Giants have been mentioned yet. I mean really, how can you grade the draft of a team that needs NOTHING??

But seriously, I love the DB/DB move in the first 2 rounds to replace the old Sam Madison and departed Gabril Wilson. I'd consider the draft a total success if they can somehow move Shockey on day 2.

My grade - A

I agree, but they didn't move him. I give them a B-. They addressed needs well IMO, which earned them a B+, but not moving Shockey was a big let down for me. I know it's tough to drop them that much because of a trade that they didn't make, but it really would have been for the best. Hopefully they'll get something done at some point or do an unprecedented job of reconciling with him. I don't want to have a year of Shockey being pissed off.

Its no different this year than any other year. All the potentional for improvement, and nothing.

Eagles could have pulled off X,Y or Z to make the team better for THIS YEAR. and we got another 1st rounder for next year. WOOOOPDIE F DO.

They were probably asking for way too much for Lito, and were likely offering nothing for Bolding, Wiliams, CJ, Fitz, etc.

The big offer for Randy Moss was a joke. They knew he was going to re-sign with the Pats.

Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis - TO THE SUPERBOWL WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I can't wait to root against the panthers :wacko:

Its no different this year than any other year. All the potentional for improvement, and nothing.

Eagles could have pulled off X,Y or Z to make the team better for THIS YEAR. and we got another 1st rounder for next year. WOOOOPDIE F DO.

They were probably asking for way too much for Lito, and were likely offering nothing for Bolding, Wiliams, CJ, Fitz, etc.

The big offer for Randy Moss was a joke. They knew he was going to re-sign with the Pats.

Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis - TO THE SUPERBOWL WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I can't wait to root against the panthers :wacko:

Yeah, I'm pissed now. I though maybe they would move some picks on day 2 for a WR or maybe Jason Taylor. They did nothing. They added another pick or two for next year and drafted 9-10 players of which probably only 3-5 will make the team. What a waste. They could have drafted Otah who could have paid off within a year or a S or WR who could pay off immediately. I would have loved if they took DeSean Jacksom & Limas Sweed or Malcolm Kelly.

They better make a move to get a #1 WR. If not, they might as well trade McNabb ASAP while they can get somethign good for him.