[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, the airport stole my ipod

loaf

:wacko:

Got to Chicago, unpack the ipod speakers and look for the ipod. Nowhere to be found. I keep blaming myself for 'drunk packing" and thought I left it at home. Get home last night and find it's not there. Stupid me didn't put in the carry-on with the laptop and speakers. noo, I gotta drunk pack it in the suitcase. It had to be in a lockless zippered pocket. What an idiot. But here I am blaming myself when the "not responsible for lost or stolen items" apparently is a license to steal...

Got to Chicago, unpack the ipod speakers and look for the ipod. Nowhere to be found. I keep blaming myself for 'drunk packing" and thought I left it at home. Get home last night and find it's not there. Stupid me didn't put in the carry-on with the laptop and speakers. noo, I gotta drunk pack it in the suitcase. It had to be in a lockless zippered pocket. What an idiot. But here I am blaming myself when the "not responsible for lost or stolen items" apparently is a license to steal...

Darin is very familiar with incidents like this.

the ipod is a hot item. my son had his stolen out of a locker at his school ... which he did not put a lock on. duh.

protect those pods people. and buy more apple stock. new imacs released today, they are sweet. www.apple.com

Funny you say that, my mom had her IPOD stolen out of her car in the driveway two weeks ago. She was more pissed about loading the 1600+ songs than anything.

Funny you say that, my mom had her IPOD stolen out of her car in the driveway two weeks ago. She was more pissed about loading the 1600+ songs than anything.

i tell you it is a sweet product. we let him fret for a few weeks (the thing was surgically attached to his body) and then bought him a new one. open it up, connect it, give it a name, and with one click it syncs right back to his playlist of a few hundred songs. he's immediately back in business.

and he now guards it with his life.

This has to end. Eventually. Doesn't it? There has to be some kind of accountability on behalf of the airlines. How long can they continue to look the other way while their employees steal from their customers?

the heck of it all is when I was packing, I remembered the Darin story yet STILL put in the suitcase instead of the carry-on. And even worse is that the main part of the suitcase did have a lock on it but not the others. My folks want me to call Continental and bitch. I will but really don't see how that will get my ipod back.

a couple months ago, our neighbor across the street had his ipod taken from his car in the driveway, too. (they were coming back from celebrating their anniversary and he left his bmw unlocked.) that same night, my car was broken into -- they took my ashtray (with change in it) but left my sirius receiver. a couple weeks ago my neighbor's wife said her sister is in the sheriff's department and they caught the kids. they had spent about four straight nights taking stuff from people's cars.

the heck of it all is when I was packing, I remembered the Darin story yet STILL put in the suitcase instead of the carry-on. And even worse is that the main part of the suitcase did have a lock on it but not the others. My folks want me to call Continental and bitch. I will but really don't see how that will get my ipod back.

They're not going to replace your iPod, but knowing Continental customer service the way I do, I'd be shocked if they didn't give you a $200 (or so) travel voucher. You may still have to go through the process of filing a complaint with the TSA.

I fly almost exclusively with SouthWest and have never had any problems...I've put some pretty expensive tools into my luggage and never missed a one. I have had tools confiscated at the security gate...that being said I put all my electronics in my laptop bag which I carry on board.

After reading about Darin and AZ I have never left anything like a camera or Ipod in my luggage, only carry on for me. I used to keep my laptop in my check-in luggage but will never do that again either.

+1 I trust those luggage monkeys about as much as I trust a jihadist in front of an American embassy.

Locks are a no go with checked luggage. TSA has to have access to the luggage. If you lock it, it will be broken.

Edit: Just checked the link RR provided. I didn't realize they had locks like that. At least if something is stolen we know what group to blame.

Edited by Puddy

I know this isn't anything like you guys went through, but on a trip to Vegas from Boise, I had EVERY FRIGGIN golf ball taken from my bag...Still pisses me off...

"Sir, what's in your pockets?"

"30 f'ing golf balls - try and take them now f'ers!"