[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are you golfing yet?

Seahawks21

For years I have kind of used the Masters weekend to "kick off" my golf season. I like to play at least a handful of rounds a week until September. This year, I'm still having a hard time getting in one round per week, and we are almost to May already. This seems to be a pretty long winter for most of the country. I can't wait anymore!!!! Where is the sun!!??!

Rain sort of held me back a little this year. I think overall I got out a little earlier than I normally do here at home but it just seemed like the rain kept holding things off.

i have been out twice this yr but the same as skippy its been rain that has kept me from getting out more...seems like every day i have off now it rains :wacko:

I've gotten two rounds in so far this year. Both rain and snow have slowed down the start of the season here. League is supposed to start tomorrow night. Forecast is 50% chance of rain. Friday is supposed to be the Spring Open, first scramble event of the year. Forecast is for 80% chance rain and high winds. Yay.

On the bright side, both rounds this year I have broken 90. First round was an 89, 2nd round was an 82. That 82 was my best round since my car accident 16 months ago. Last year was a struggle to break 90. Looking forward to getting my scores back to normal! :wacko:

Dr Bob has been able to get in two rounds so far this year.... one in the rain. My granddaughter is on her HS golf team and though they have been able to pretty much complete their match sked.... it has been in snow and rain. Yesterday they had to cancel practice due to the amount of hail and then a great rain downpour. Never seen weather like this for April... really weird. The weather is so bad for golf up here that the courses are running unbelievable specials trying to get people to come out.

Well, I have played a few times, last Wednesday, it is our league day, it was windy and cool. I played on Sunday because Sat was too cold. I was bitching because the tee boxes were all in the same position and the flags were as well. Then I realized it snow 4 inches on Thursday :wacko: I plan to play today, and it is supposed to snow all day Friday. :D I don't care what is to blame, I want to golf. It will be May tomorrow.

This all just seems very bizarre to me. I would bet that some of us live long enough to see snow in July. It will be interesting to see what else happens. The sad part is that it is all our fault and we are doing very little to slow this process. Well, maybe someday we will get summer in december as well.

I've played quite a few rounds this year, but only because I was in a winter league. If not for that motivation, there would have been no way I would have been out in the cold rain. Its funny though: in the NW, everyone knows which courses dry relatively quickly and they remain pretty full. The others see no play at all.

In the sleet, hail and snow I have managed to play 5 rounds since April 1st. On some holes there's still enough snow to throw snowballs at my fellow players teeing off. We have only hit the average high temp about 6 days in all of April and many days it barely got to 40 degrees. Our average high right now is 63 and yesterday's high was 41.

My rounds haven't been pretty. I just signed up for golf lessons for the first time in my life.

Just got back from the annual golf trip (college buddies of mine take a trip somewhere once a year). This year we visited Hot Springs Village, Arkansas. I'm convinced they are about 14 years behind the rest of the nation.

Just got back from the annual golf trip (college buddies of mine take a trip somewhere once a year). This year we visited Hot Springs Village, Arkansas. I'm convinced they are about 14 years behind the rest of the nation.

Did you visit Gauge?

Played in a tournament yesterday. A little cool but nothing out of the ordinary except my game. I couldn't hit the ball for sheet.