[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sport Movies

Missoula Griz

Go with We are Marshall or Invincible.

IMO, Blades of Glory was pretty painful to watch unless you're ghey and like figure skating. :wacko:

The penguin stole your sense of hughmor. Go watch Steel Magnolias or better yet, go watch Happy Feet and rub one out.

17 posts and not a single mention of Brian's Song?

For shame.

Unless you're robn's age, I don't think a 35+ year old movie can be considered "recent".

edited to add: I guess he said "last year or so" not "recent". Oh, well. It's still a chance to needle a Bears fan.

Edited by Dr. Love

dang, that's got to be the sadest movie of all time.

I'd have to vote for Freddy Got Fingered

a flick about broads beating on one another.

:divingboard:

"Any predictions?"

"Yeah, I got a prediction: . . . .PAIN. . . ."

I say this line at least once a month.

and Champ with Ricky Schroeder and Jon Voight was a very sad sports flick

Cinderella Man - it's been out a few years now, I think.

Also, HBO made a documentry of the 1980 Hockey Team and it was very good.

Then there's the Disney movie called Miracle, about the same team staring Kurt Russell as Herb Brooks. Good flick!

Then there's the Disney movie called Miracle, about the same team staring Kurt Russell as Herb Brooks. Good flick!

Miracle is pretty darn good...the HBO doc slaps it around and makes Miracle call it "daddy."

Cinderella Man - it's been out a few years now, I think.

Also, HBO made a documentry of the 1980 Hockey Team and it was very good.

Miracle is pretty darn good...the HBO doc slaps it around and makes Miracle call it "daddy."

I've had the HBO Doc on the 1980 US Hockey team Tivo'ed ever since it first came out (a few years ago). The wife doesn't comprehend why I have it and keeps asking why she is not allowed to delete it. It is awesome! I lived down south my whole life, played every other sport BUT hockey, and yet that is the best sports moment in my memory, from my youth. Basically "Rocky" inspiring, in real life form!!! Everytime I watch the Documentary I get chills and a little tear in my eye...and I've watched the thing like 50 times!