[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Incredible Hulk

TDFFFreak

My film critic friend says its *better* than Iron Man.

<BigDave> No f'n way! <BigDave>

I thought Iron Man was outstanding...we'll see what happens with The Hulk.

I'd put a buck on Pope liking Iron Man better... :wacko:

I saw it last night. Awesome flick! It was very faithful to the old tv show and comics while moving at a pretty good pace. :wacko: I followed it up with Zohan. That movie was great too. It was the best Sandler flick in years.

I saw it last night. Awesome flick! It was very faithful to the old tv show and comics while moving at a pretty good pace. :wacko: I followed it up with Zohan. That movie was great too. It was the best Sandler flick in years.

Probably going to the movies tonight. We've narrowed it down to Zohan, Ironman, and Hulk, which would you recommend as the best?

I saw it last night. Awesome flick! It was very faithful to the old tv show and comics while moving at a pretty good pace. :wacko:I followed it up with Zohan. That movie was great too. It was the best Sandler flick in years.

I haven't seen this & I don't understand why people would? It looks awful!

Probably going to the movies tonight. We've narrowed it down to Zohan, Ironman, and Hulk, which would you recommend as the best?

I haven't seen this & I don't understand why people would? It looks awful!

If you like the humor in Billy Madison, you'll like Zohan. I went with a buddy, not Mrs. Egret. I'm not sure she would have thought it was as funny as I did. Lots of old-school Sandler type humor.

The safe bet is Hulk which has gotten great reviews and is a great summer action movie.

I will be seeing Hulk tonight, but without seeing Hulk I know you can't go wrong with Ironman. See that one.

I saw Zohan a couple of nights ago, I agree it may be Sandler's best film in years, but that's not saying much. The first half is very stupid, but funny. The movie loses a lot of steam when Rob Schnider's character comes into the film the second time. I can't recommend this for people who don't like Sandler's brand of humor, but for fans I can say go and enjoy yourself.

Edited by TDFFFreak

[quote name='Egret' date='6/14/08 11:44am' post='2505809'

The safe bet is Hulk which has gotten great reviews and is a great summer action movie.

I haven't seen a review yet that said it was a good movie. Best said the action was good but the Hulk looked really bad.

Still waiting for some huddlers who've seen the movie say it's a good one.

I like Ed Norton a lot (both as an actor and in a gay way). But this movie was not really drawing me in.

Then I saw the Robert Downey Jr. is appearing in it as Stark (Ironman), and I started thinking that if they are going to start tying all these Marvel worlds together, that I'd better get in on the ground floor and catch them all.

Then again... Ironman was done by Jon Favreau, who is cool. And this was done by the guy who did "The Transporter" and "The Transporter 2"... who is not cool.

Saw it tonight.

It's decent, but not in the same league as Ironman. Norton is good and they made sure to ramp up the action in this one compared to the earlier Ang Lee version. I admit to the Hulk not being my favorite comic book superhero, so I may be a little biased. Even putting that aside, it was entertaining enough, but I don't think it'll be quite as universally enjoyable to everyone as Ironman was. I give The Incredible Hulk a B- (where I would give Ironman an A-)

For what it's worth, without seeing the Hulk's final box office take for the opening weekend, I think it'll have a big opening weekend, but Ironman will still have the bigger final box office tally. And deservedly so.

Edited by TDFFFreak

EXCELLENT!!! :D I can't wait to see it!!

I loved it. I especially liked all the references to the comics, other heroes (and villians), and references to the TV show; Look for BIll Bixby, Lou Ferrigno and the scenes set up just like the tv show.

Heck they even have a brief glimpse of Captain America's shield. I was eating it all up. :wacko: