[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers file tampering charges against Vikes

budlitebrad

Hey, another Favre thread.

:D

As the days roll by, the Brett Favre saga seems to get stranger and stranger. Now the soap opera has shifted to a new level.

In the latest twist, the Packers have filed tampering charges with the league office against the Minnesota Vikings for alleged communication with Favre, still technically a member of Green Bay, FOXSports.com has learned. The league, according to a source, is currently in information-gathering mode, speaking to members of both teams.

The Vikings were informed late last week that the allegation is that Favre has had inappropriate dialogue with Minnesota offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, a close Favre friend and former assistant coach with the Packers. Favre has sought his release from Green Bay and several rumors have swirled that Minnesota is his targeted landing place, largely due to his relationship with Bevell.

League sources say the Vikings vehemently denied any wrongdoing and are awaiting the league's next step in the process. The Packers, meanwhile, have supplied the league with their version of wrongdoing.

Should the league find the Vikings guilty of tampering, they could lose draft picks and/or face fines.

For shame... :wacko:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me again why he retired? Was it those harassing weekly phone calls from McCarthy asking how he was doing and asking if he made a decision? :D Bastards.

Defensive ends driving him into the turf is tame compared to what McCarthy did. :wacko:

Hey....leave us out of your little soap opera, ya bunch of little girls! :wacko:

Seriously....the old geezer hasn't even filed for reinstatement yet and doesn't know if he will. How can you tamper with an old retired guy?

Edited by BillyBalata

Vikings have never publicly mentioned having anything to do with Favre. The media on the other hand has.

I haven't heard much fan support for having the old geezer remove Jackson from the field either.

Thats kind of surprising as Favre would be a serious upgrade even if just for a season or 2.

The Packers are looking very silly and they know it will only get worse. Favre is going to explain his thoughts and feelings to the media. He's going to pour out his soul like never before. Now the Packers want to deflect the situation that they have caused and that Favre himself has caused to their good neighbors from the West.

The Vikings were busy this week visiting the flood ravaged areas of Iowa, knowing that plenty of those decent folks down their love their Vikings. Zygy was handing out donation checks to them and I don't think any of them go by the name of one Brett Favre either. The Vikes are probably also busy helping old ladies cross the street in their spare time. Since Randy Moss isn't around anymore to give lady traffic cops rides on his car, somebody else has to step up now.

Week one Vikes 48 Packers 3

Edited by MikesVikes

The Packers are looking very silly and they know it will only get worse. Favre is going to explain his thoughts and feelings to the media. He's going to pour out his soul like never before. Now the Packers want to deflect the situation that they have caused and that Favre himself has caused to their good neighbors from the West.

The Vikings were busy this week visiting the flood ravaged areas of Iowa, knowing that plenty of those decent folks down their love their Vikings. Zygy was handing out donation checks to them and I don't think any of them go by the name of one Brett Favre either. The Vikes are probably also busy helping old ladies cross the street in their spare time. Since Randy Moss isn't around anymore to give lady traffic cops rides on his car, somebody else has to step up now.

Week one Vikes 48 Packers 3

:wacko:

Edited by piratesownninjas

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!!

The egg on the face of the Fudge packers gets worse and worse by the week.

I think they are miffed at Brett Farvvra for LOSING THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

I'll be in enemy territory this week (wisconsin) wearing my purple proudly....

Oh and since I won't be around to defend myself from the flamer FP faithful here, :wacko: in advance....

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!!

Oh and since I won't be around to defend myself from the flamer FP faithful here, :wacko: in advance....

At least they don't have to cheat to get there. :D

Edited by Randall

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!!

Nice troll job, but in the end you fail.

0/10

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!!

Kind of like the way you felt when the Vikes choked back in the 2001 NFC Championship game?

Y'know, I wouldn't be shooting my mouth off supporting a team that made it to the Superbowl 4 times and LOST all of them. When you've won at least 3 Superbowls then you have the right to shoot your mouth off to the Packer faithful. Until then, keep enjoying disappointment.

Edited by tosberg34

Y'know, I wouldn't be shooting my mouth off supporting a team that made it to the Superbowl 4 times and LOST all of them. When you've won at least 3 Superbowls then you have the right to shoot your mouth off to the Packer faithful. Until then, keep enjoying disappointment.

Hey, this is a "what have you done for me lately" league. And in the past few years, the Vikings have had quite the run, going 40-40 with one playoff berth, WAY better than GB's pathetic 45-35 with 3 playoff appearances and an NFC title game.*

* - this post is a public service to remind you that many Minnesotans are stupid.

Kind of like the way you felt when the Vikes choked back in the 2001 NFC Championship game?

Hey, this is a "what have you done for me lately" league. And in the past few years, the Vikings have had quite the run, going 40-40 with one playoff berth, WAY better than GB's pathetic 45-35 with 3 playoff appearances and an NFC title game.*

* - this post is a public service to remind you that many Minnesotans are stupid.

:wacko:

HEY!

Hasn't your mother taught you any manners? Packer fans DO NOT pick on retarded kids.

The AP reports that Packers officials believe the Vikings' interest drove Brett Favre to have a "sudden change of heart" about retirement.

"They feel like Favre had something (in place), and that's why he was so anxious to get his release all of a sudden," a source said. The Packers reportedly believe taped phone calls submitted to the NFL office will reveal "more than normal contact" between Favre and Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell. Job-related speech with a coach from another team would violate NFL rules because Favre is still under contract with the Pack.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

Well, another event in a series of weird ones. I can only guess (hope) that the Packers would only file charges if they felt very strongly about the tampering, considering that this will ony fan the flames. Still, what a mess.

Edited by Fatman

The Packers reportedly believe taped phone calls submitted to the NFL office will reveal "more than normal contact" between Favre and Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.

Taped phone calls? Did GB get a federal warrant for a wiretap or does FISA apply here because MIN is a suspected terrorist organization?

Holy crap, this whole thing just keeps getting weirder by the day. It's like the Blob in the old horror movie - it just keeps growing and engulfing everything in sight.

This ticks me off so much I am just about to blow up! No decent Vikings fan would ever tolerate that selfish old interception machine as a starting QB for Minnesota anyway, and still we get screwed because Favre's buddy Bevell is stupid enough to keep calling him during all of this drama. I hope they frickin fire him! :wacko: