[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers file tampering charges against Vikes

budlitebrad

Taped phone calls? Did GB get a federal warrant for a wiretap or does FISA apply here because MIN is a suspected terrorist organization?

Holy crap, this whole thing just keeps getting weirder by the day. It's like the Blob in the old horror movie - it just keeps growing and engulfing everything in sight.

...makes me wish for the good old days where Michael Vick threads dominated the boards...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I guess the fudge Packers on this board have nothing better to do now that they have their lips off of Favre's unit.....

This ticks me off so much I am just about to blow up! No decent Vikings fan would ever tolerate that selfish old interception machine as a starting QB for Minnesota anyway, and still we get screwed because Favre's buddy Bevell is stupid enough to keep calling him during all of this drama. I hope they frickin fire him! :D

:D

You seriously believe these charges have any merit? No inkling that maybe the chedderheads are just trying to deflect some of the attention to another team, or possibly making sure that the Vikings have no interest in obtaining favray by throwing some bogus tampering charges out there?

:D at taped phone calls. Who taped them? Bevell? Or I suppose it would make some sense the drama queen himself taped the calls, so he could throw them out there at the appropriate time to keep himself in the limelight a little longer. :wacko:

You seriously believe these charges have any merit?

Everything that I've heard so far is that the NFL is looking into the evidence and that some evidence actually exists to look into. So, yes I think that the charges may have merit. That's why it ticks me off, because as a Vikings fan, the LAST thing in the world that I would want is to see the icon of the Packers in a Vikings jersey. If there is even a little bit of truth to this, then I hope that Bevell is exiled from Minnesota forever!

:D

You seriously believe these charges have any merit? No inkling that maybe the chedderheads are just trying to deflect some of the attention to another team, or possibly making sure that the Vikings have no interest in obtaining favray by throwing some bogus tampering charges out there?

:D at taped phone calls. Who taped them? Bevell? Or I suppose it would make some sense the drama queen himself taped the calls, so he could throw them out there at the appropriate time to keep himself in the limelight a little longer. :wacko:

I don't know. Maybe when Campen visited Thompson had him rifle through Favre's desk when he left the room. :D

Look at it as a sitcom. That's what it's become.

Everything that I've heard so far is that the NFL is looking into the evidence and that some evidence actually exists to look into. So, yes I think that the charges may have merit. That's why it ticks me off, because as a Vikings fan, the LAST thing in the world that I would want is to see the icon of the Packers in a Vikings jersey. If there is even a little bit of truth to this, then I hope that Bevell is exiled from Minnesota forever!

I must admit.....it would have been extremely weird to have seen Elway comeback from retirement just after and sign with the Chiefs and win a SuperBowl with them.......would be very weird, so I see where you're coming from.

Edited by Hat Trick

This ticks me off so much I am just about to blow up! No decent Vikings fan would ever tolerate that selfish old interception machine as a starting QB for Minnesota anyway, and still we get screwed because Favre's buddy Bevell is stupid enough to keep calling him during all of this drama. I hope they frickin fire him! :D

Try not to drool. :wacko:

Favre shoud have his house swept for bugs. :D

Maybe Loaf should do that. :wacko:

I gotta agree with Savage about this. There is no friggin way the Vikings should be looking at bringing in Favre at this point. Aside from the fact I don't want to see him in a Vikings uniform, this would also fly in the face of everything Childress has done in regards to bringing in the homerun hitter in free agency. Childress hung his hat on Jackson, and I don't see Wile E. Coyote going back on his decision on this one.

Maybe Loaf should do that. :wacko:

I gotta agree with Savage about this. There is no friggin way the Vikings should be looking at bringing in Favre at this point. Aside from the fact I don't want to see him in a Vikings uniform, this would also fly in the face of everything Childress has done in regards to bringing in the homerun hitter in free agency. Childress hung his hat on Jackson, and I don't see Wile E. Coyote going back on his decision on this one.

Childress is too much a control freak to want a gun slinger running the show. The Packers have gotten tired of waiting every off season for an answer. This year he could have decided before the draft. That's almost 4 months but Favre wanted to decide before TC.

It looks like he wanted a Strahan type exception.

The Packers have gotten tired of waiting every off season for an answer. This year he could have decided before the draft. That's almost 4 months but Favre wanted to decide before TC.

It looks like he wanted a Strahan type exception.

Dont you think he earned the right to go out on his own.

I think the tampering commentary will go nowhere fast. I just don't see how this kind of thing would really be an enforceable thing - players and coaches talk all the time, and I'm sure much more suspicious commentaries have gone on with no punishment. It really does sound like to me the Packers are grasping at PR help, trying to deflect attention from their own situation. What better way than to put the Vikings out there as a reason for the mess they currently find themselves in, and to try to head off any chance of him wearing purple and embarrassing the franchise in week one.

I think the tampering commentary will go nowhere fast. I just don't see how this kind of thing would really be an enforceable thing - players and coaches talk all the time, and I'm sure much more suspicious commentaries have gone on with no punishment. It really does sound like to me the Packers are grasping at PR help, trying to deflect attention from their own situation. What better way than to put the Vikings out there as a reason for the mess they currently find themselves in, and to try to head off any chance of him wearing purple and embarrassing the franchise in week one.

You think the Vikes need Favre to embarrass themselves? This franchise has been an embarrassment for many many years.

If you Vike fans honestly think that Favre would not help your team you have proved my theory that you must be idiotic and suicidal to be a Viking fan. Another example of the dumbing down of America.

Really. The Niners lost just due to phone records, calls made to Rosenhaus.

By The Associated Press

NEW YORK — The San Francisco 49ers forfeited their fifth-round pick in next month's draft after commissioner Roger Goodell said they tampered with Chicago linebacker Lance Briggs.

In a statement released by the league Monday, Goodell also said the teams will switch picks in the third round of the April 26-27 draft. Chicago, which had the 12th pick, will get San Francisco's seventh pick and the 49ers will get Chicago's third-round choice.

Goodell said the 49ers violated the anti-tampering policy by contacting Briggs' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, about his client during the 2007 season.

You think the Vikes need Favre to embarrass themselves? This franchise has been an embarrassment for many many years.

If you Vike fans honestly think that Favre would not help your team you have proved my theory that you must be idiotic and suicidal to be a Viking fan. Another example of the dumbing down of America.

Says a Cheesehead :D I don't hear any Packer fans calling for TT's head for not letting Favre back as the starter. Before presenting your post maybe you should look in the mirror :D and :D the first person you see in it. :D

By the way your theory of Viking fans being idiotic and suicidal...nice. You must have had the best seat on the short bus! :wacko:

Edited by T-Scorp

You are a weird dude.

And you've proven once again that you're probably the biggest moran that posts at this site, and that says a lot.