[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MVP Challenge

Puddy

This year we are having a similar game but in this one you can start any player you want every week and only that week matters. We are trying to involve more people and not have so many dropping out as the season goes along. This way you just play for the week and can use anyone you want.

Sorry to hear that.... I really enjoyed that contest, and thought that the format was excellent. I considered it an "accomplishment" just to get in the top 100. :D

That said, it sounds like the new contest might be fun as well.

Any chance we can keep the MVP Challenge if we get a large enough petition together? :wacko:

This year we are having a similar game but in this one you can start any player you want every week and only that week matters. We are trying to involve more people and not have so many dropping out as the season goes along. This way you just play for the week and can use anyone you want.

What's the weekly payout gonna be?

Yeah, DMD is killing off all of my Huddle favorites...

First Fantasy University, and now the MVP Challenge.

:D:D

I think you will like the new format once it gets going. It allows you 17 chances to win vs being perfect/lucky all season.

ESPN had a contest like this called GridIron Weekly (which I won once btw :wacko:) - then they changed it. I'm looking forward to the new version of MVP Challenge!

Yeah, DMD is killing off all of my Huddle favorites...

First Fantasy University, and now the MVP Challenge.

:wacko::D

If something is popular, by all means I want to keep it but Fantasy Universtity never generated much discussion as it was structured so we are changing the way we did it to something new starting on Monday.

MVP Challenge was cool but every year we had a major decline in people playing it and particularly people sticking with it. We just wanted to have a fun contest for everyone to play so we are going to just make it as easy to play as you want to make it by allowing people to submit any lineup they want each week. Doesn't have to take much time at all to play and each week is a new chance,

If something is popular, by all means I want to keep it but Fantasy Universtity never generated much discussion as it was structured so we are changing the way we did it to something new starting on Monday.

MVP Challenge was cool but every year we had a major decline in people playing it and particularly people sticking with it. We just wanted to have a fun contest for everyone to play so we are going to just make it as easy to play as you want to make it by allowing people to submit any lineup they want each week. Doesn't have to take much time at all to play and each week is a new chance,

I understand, but I just hate change. :wacko:

I also understand and that is great for the masses which is who you need to appeal to. Just doesn't sound at all challenging and is completely luck based. I think the MVP Challenge at least added some strategy to the game. Maybe we should get a league together for any Huddlers interested. MFL obviously works. Everybody throws in $20 and we pay out the top 5 or 10 spots based on %.

I'll start a thread.

Edited by Puddy

Ya, very disappointed DMD! I love MVP Challenge, part of the reason I keep joining the Huddle. I'm sure your new game will be good but it almost seems a little ESPN to me. Like Puddy said the format of MVP added a lot of strategy to the game...loved the challenge! Sad to see it go :wacko:

For the record, I am not here to bash DMD's contests. The Huddle has been generous in allowing us to play for free. I will surely participate in the new contest and look forward to it. It's just that I really think the format of the other contest was excellent and easy. No reason not to start a contest for interested Huddlers who don't mind spending a few bucks to join.

It's just DMDs way of saying he doesn't like you

I know, it's because I don't like the cowboys :wacko:

For the record, I am not here to bash DMD's contests. The Huddle has been generous in allowing us to play for free. I will surely participate in the new contest and look forward to it. It's just that I really think the format of the other contest was excellent and easy. No reason not to start a contest for interested Huddlers who don't mind spending a few bucks to join.

I agree with this 100% I wasn't trying to bash DMD.

I agree with this 100% I wasn't trying to bash DMD.

i'll bash him.

dude, that's lame. keep the mvp! keep the mvp! screw the masses ...

loved the old format and how picks mattered over the course of the entire season.

i'll still play the new contest and i'll join puddy and others if we can get our own mvp challenge going.

You know what would make everyone happy? Bring back the MVP challenge from 2006 - that year had weekly payouts as well. Having the $500 weekly payouts keeps everyone interested even if they don't have a chance at the big prize.

I agree. Great Idea.

Just doesn't sound at all challenging and is completely luck based. I think the MVP Challenge at least added some strategy to the game.

+1

MVP Challenge was awesome...had to plot the entire season of who to use...very challenging contest. the new format will allow any schmoe to enter a line-up any week they happen to log-on, and potentially win $1000(?)....doesn't seem like a contest....more of a lottery ticket.

+1

MVP Challenge was awesome...had to plot the entire season of who to use...very challenging contest. the new format will allow any schmoe to enter a line-up any week they happen to log-on, and potentially win $1000(?)....doesn't seem like a contest....more of a lottery ticket.

I don't think that's entirely true. While it is certainly more challenging to win last year's version of MVP, it is still challenging to win a given week. While not as challenging, I wouldn't quite call it a lottery ticket. There is still much analysis that goes into it and it still takes an adept fantasy owner to win a given week.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, the 2006 version of MVP was perfect - I hope DMD is reading this and considers the 2006 version!!!!

well, man this sucks. One of my favorite games and I never did that well at it. :wacko:

I'm not surprised there was some dropoff in participation....considering it was a free game, of course you had like 7000 people to start with. Once they realized it was'nt that easy, of course some dropped out.

Then again....I entered the original FFTOC and have been disappointed with it ever since. :D

I also understand and that is great for the masses which is who you need to appeal to. Just doesn't sound at all challenging and is completely luck based. I think the MVP Challenge at least added some strategy to the game. Maybe we should get a league together for any Huddlers interested. MFL obviously works. Everybody throws in $20 and we pay out the top 5 or 10 spots based on %.

I'll start a thread.

Before the MVP Challenge there was THE HUDDLE CHALLENGE

oh and the original contestants:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=30700

x1. Keggerz

x2. SteelBunz

x3. Ramhock

x4. Big F'n Dave

x5. Kansas State 2000

x6. Spain

x7. ts

x8. skippy

x9. Grits and Shins

x10. Steeler

x11. Pratts

x12. DocNiner52

x13. Rez

x14. BeachBum

x15. Iwinagain

x16. Wiegie

x17. yellowdog

x18. aqualung

x19. skinny (Atlanta Cracker)

20. skylive5

21. rajncajn

22. PolicyVote

23. Atomic CEO

24. Soylent Green

25. loaf

26. osmonaught

27. rocknrbn26

28. 'canes2003

29. Easy N Dirty

30. Dr Sacrebleu

31. georgemoe

x32. XFlash

33. BigJohn(in by default he scared the newbie into not showing up)

x34.Savage Beatings(formerly Pug Mo Thoin)

x = returning contestant

=======================================

Preseason Qualifier contestants:

Vets:

Big John(default winner of qualifier)

Yukon Cornelius(no show for qualifier)

Edited by keggerz

Never thought i'd say this to my good buddy, Mr. Puddy...but...

BROWNNOSER!!!!!

:wacko: