[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm 40...what do you have for breakfast?

tazinib1

Ok first off..I'm not overweight. I'm probably the most underweight guy on these boards at a strapping 180lbs. But...the days of sinking my teeth into McD's Bacon/Egg/Cheese bisquits are growing thin. I'm looking for alternative breakfast ideas. I don't want any oatmeal/wheat toast crap. I want good eating alternatives that won't clog my arteries but will still satisfy my appetite. I'm of age where I have to start thinking of my arteries...what the hell are those things anyway? Suggestions?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok first off..I'm not overweight. I'm probably the most underweight guy on these boards at a strapping 180lbs. But...the days of sinking my teeth into McD's Bacon/Egg/Cheese bisquits are growing thin. I'm looking for alternative breakfast ideas. I don't want any oatmeal/wheat toast crap. I want good eating alternatives that won't clog my arteries but will still satisfy my appetite. I'm of age where I have to start thinking of my arteries...what the hell are those things anyway? Suggestions?

Pop Tarts?

Seriously, I usually eat oatmeal or cereal with real honey on top....that natural sugar gives me such a rush no coffee is needed.

On days when I'm treating myself:

Bagel with lowfat cream cheese, lox and tomato slices (I'm drooling just typing this)

Yogurt with fresh blueberries, granola and sliced banana

Average days:

A Clif Bar and a water

A bowl of frosted mini-wheats with some Fiber One mixed in (or Ass-blaster as it's called in the Sheik house) and 2% milk

i don't eat breakfast. two meals: lunch and dinner.

just curious, tazinib, you said your weight but not your height.

you serious with this? no breakfast - that ain't good partnah - studies have proven peeps who don't eat breakfast are fatter, and less healthier than the ones who eat a decent breakfast -

Edited by wildcat2334

On days when I'm treating myself:

Bagel with lowfat cream cheese, lox and tomato slices (I'm drooling just typing this)

Yogurt with fresh blueberries, granola and sliced banana

Average days:

A Clif Bar and a water

A bowl of frosted mini-wheats with some Fiber One mixed in (or Ass-blaster as it's called in the Sheik house) and 2% milk

Hey Sheik....since you like yogurt....ever try your favorite yogurt with GrapeNuts?

Nice!

I've gotten lazy about making it, but I used to make a dish that involved cut oats, eggs, fruits, and nuts. You'd bake the sucker up, and then have enough for the week. Microwave it every morning.

And I think the title of underweight huddlers is probably between Untateve and myself

5'11 142lbs

you serious with this? no breakfast - that ain't good partnah - studies have proven peeps who don't eat breakfast are fatter, and less healthier than the ones who eat a decent breakfast -

:D did my mom hack your account? yes, i could stand to lose a few pounds, but i wouldn't call myself overweight, and i exercise fairly regularly. i just prefer not to have breakfast. :wacko:

i don't eat breakfast. two meals: lunch and dinner.

just curious, tazinib, you said your weight but not your height.

I'm the same way and I'm trying to change this. I'm in good shape so I'm not worried about the weight thing but breakfast is the most important meal. Just got in a habit of drinking coffee and eating an early lunch.

When I was dieting (did a modified weight watchers) I'd have 6 egg whites & 2 strips of turkey bacon sammich (wheat toast). Good stuff. I should start this again as I'm starting to get a little flabby.

A bowl of Fiber One cereal with a banana cut up on top of it with a glass of orange juice.

Throughout the day snack on a few more bananas and Fiber One bars and probably 100 or more ounces of water throughout the day as well.

I lost about 30lbs - from 195 to 165 in about 7 months and then changed pretty much my whole body composition maintaining these eating habits as well as hitting the elliptical machine 5 days a week and lifting - not so much to build as to tone.

I'm 43 and feel like I'm in the best shape of my life.

I've gotten lazy about making it, but I used to make a dish that involved cut oats, eggs, fruits, and nuts. You'd bake the sucker up, and then have enough for the week. Microwave it every morning.

And I think the title of underweight huddlers is probably between Untateve and myself

5'11 142lbs

You win--I'm 150lbs and 5'9".

During the week, I tend to eat a bowl of cereal, some organic healthy stuff that tastes pretty good. I recently made my own granola (which came out really well) and I and my wife have been putting that into yogurt. I always have coffee.