[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quick question to all of you

wiegie

Have you had or noticed any of the following happen to you (or your business):

Less credit-card applications arriving in the mail than normal.

A cut in your credit-card balance limit.

An increase in your credit-card interest rate (not prompted by a negative action on your part).

A reduction in your home-equity line of credit.

Anything else that makes it appear that borrowing is getting harder and/or more expensive.

Thanks. (There is a decent chance I might have to go on live television in a few hours to address questions such as this.)

Just got a notice in the mail yesterday that states that my home equity line has been cut off because they have determined that the value of my home has decreased significantly according to their "estimates". They admit it's not based on an appraisal but insist that it's accurate. I'm sure they're right about that.

They also state that they are doing this to "help" us. Yeah, right.

I just moved into a cardboard box under a bridge, and haven't gotten my mailing address updated. So, yes, I've gotten fewer CC applications.

Interested in subletting ?

(There is a decent chance I might have to go on live television in a few hours to address questions such as this.)

Update--I will be not really on television, but instead I will be live-blogging for the television station (and they might put us on camera a little bit, but I won't be speaking on television).

Less credit-card applications arriving in the mail than normal. Yes.

A cut in your credit-card balance limit. No, actually, I just increased one by 3K.

At least 5 times a week I get the "reduce your interest rate" crap mail. I only bought the home a year ago.

Love the asterisk and fine print on changing to ARMs or a 15 year mortgage instead of the 30 year fixed I have.

Definitely less Credit Card apps though. But I just figured they didn't have my new address yet. :wacko:

Less credit-card applications arriving in the mail than normal. yes

A cut in your credit-card balance limit. no

An increase in your credit-card interest rate (not prompted by a negative action on your part). no

A reduction in your home-equity line of credit. no

Anything else that makes it appear that borrowing is getting harder and/or more expensive. no

Thanks. (There is a decent chance I might have to go on live television in a few hours to address questions such as this.)

I haven't noticed if I have gotten fewer cc offers in the mail. They just go into the trash and I don't take a mental inventory.

Interesting though.... I just looked at our current rate on our latest bill, and then looked at one exactly a year ago. The rate has gone down 4% to 14.99% The credit limit stayed the same.

Fewer CC apps.

Still some refi blather, but not as much.

No change in CC limits or HELOC limits.

Drop in my rate on my AMEX by 2% (I asked for it after some misc. chatting with a customer service rep last week); no increases (that I'm aware of).