[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Years Resolutions

whomper

Does anyone have one this year ? I am looking to bust my ass working this year and get rid of some credit card debt. What says the rest of the huddle?

Does anyone have one this year ? I am looking to bust my ass working this year and get rid of some credit card debt. What says the rest of the huddle?

I don't make 'em or believe in them. That being said, I do have long standing commitments that I've made to myself, namely dropping some pounds, dedicating myself at work more, and reading more literature.

I do not believe in them either. Drawing some arbitrary line in the sand and saying you will suddenly improve some part of your life won't work. You have to deep down inside want to make the change before action can ever be taken.

Like some of the posters have already mentioned, the New Year is just an arbitrary time to try to make changes. But, understanding sometimes people need a "fresh start" or a "new page", the New Year makes sense for that crazy animal called the human being and it's subsequent pysche that goes along with it. So...

Even though in July I started running again and have dropped about 10 pounds, I am using the New Year to focus on more specific goals.

Weight - 150lbs by 03/01 (currently at 162)

Waist - 32" by 04/01 (currently at 34 3/8, and that is with a tape measure, go figure, my size 32 pants are very loose on me). Just FYI, a 31 inch waist is the average for a Men's Health cover model (ghey) :D

Running - run at 8mph (7 minutes 30 second mile) for 40 minutes. I wonder how fast I could do one mile if I'm conditioned to run at that pace for 40 minutes? :wacko:

Nothing earth shattering but I feel pretty healthy now, in a couple of months I should feel even better!

Happy New Year!

spending a hell of alot less time with my teenage kids :wacko:

1-Lazy

2-know it all

3-answers questions with a question .....instead of how high

1st time in my life I've wanted to stick a boot up both their asses :D Christmas vacation was to long....... oh ya quit wearin your pants halfway down your butt are ya trollin for queers or what :D

I don't make 'em or believe in them. That being said, I do have long standing commitments that I've made to myself, namely dropping some pounds, dedicating myself at work more, and reading more literature.

I don't either, but I did start to exercise last year. I ran for the whole year. :wacko:

spending a hell of alot less time with my teenage kids :wacko:

1-Lazy

2-know it all

3-answers questions with a question .....instead of how high

1st time in my life I've wanted to stick a boot up both their asses :D Christmas vacation was to long....... oh ya quit wearin your pants halfway down your butt are ya trollin for queers or what :D

+1000000000

I brought my 18 y/o to my wifes work and she said "I can see your boxers" He looks down and says "good" :D

Like some of the posters have already mentioned, the New Year is just an arbitrary time to try to make changes. But, understanding sometimes people need a "fresh start" or a "new page", the New Year makes sense for that crazy animal called the human being and it's subsequent pysche that goes along with it. So...

This is pretty much my thoughts on it. There is something about starting fresh on a brand new year that gives me a little extra incentive.

For those that are looking to drop a few pounds dont forget about the Huddle Weight Forum . This was a hugh help to a lot of us last year as we tracked our progress and helped each other try and get in shape.

Good Luck !