[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which side of the fence do you pull up your seat ?

theeohiostate

I don't think I have seen anyone bring up the notion of becoming cyborgs. Could we not eventually invent a way to just keep the brain alive and have it transplanted into a robot. I would think that would get rid of the crazy argument from this wacko physicist about carbon-based life forms and how long it would take to travel, huh?

Yes, but then when the human v. robot wars broke out, which side would you fight for?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If God created other life on other planets, do you think he might have sent Jesus out to other planets to spread the word and absolve sins as well? If that's the case, do you think he was killed everywhere or were there some planets who just got it right the first time? Because I'd hate to think of Jesus just going from planet to planet for the last 2000 years getting zapped by phasers and decimated by photon torpedos over and over again like some intergalactic Kenny from South Park.

What else do you think Jesus has been doing the last 2000 years? Saving a planets 33 years at a time sounds as good as anything else.

you base all this on human knowledge, technology, and theory. a superior species could be much smarter, much more compassionate, not carbon based, not emotional, not war-mongering, etc. they would be different, much different. who says a life form cant transport themselves in some way that our brains cant even imagine or think of. once again, i feel that this universe is just too big and too old for there not to be something out there.

That is correct. I am basing all of my previous response on scientific data and theory that we, humans, have now. Now, if I were to slide over into the realm of theoretical physics (which is still based in mathematical formulas that we know today) there are ways, theoretically, to 'travel' to the distant reaches of space by circumventing the rules of the speed of light. You may or may not have heard of the Mexican theoretical physicist Miguel Alcubierre. Do a web search on Dr. Alcubierre and you will see he is attempting to bring the mode of transportation Star Trek ships used, warp drive, to reality. The theory goes that by warping all of space|time, a spaceship could reach anywhere in the universe by not moving at all. The ships 'warp drive' would fold space in front of it while expanding behind the ship, effectively standing still yet traveling vast distances in seconds.

I've seen a UFO.

I grew up on Air Force bases so it could have been them testing $hit. About 8 of us watched 3 f-15's chasing a red dot in the sky that was moving crazy. It seemed more like some kind of laser or something as opposed to an alien vehicle to me. Not so much for the other 7 people. They siad they were doing nightime training but nobody ever found out what the red light was.

Who created science ?

Humans obviously. It's through logical reasoning, observation and deduction that the rules of scientific methodology came about.

Kirk Cameron

I was curious...and got Netflix to send me "Left Behind", the straight-to-DVD movie starring Kirk Cameron. If all the stories are true and one day everyone is called away by Jesus and God, do you realize we'll only be left with horrible actors and crappy written stories??? The world will literally make no sense whatsoever. Jeebus, it's enough to get me to convert.

Yes, but then when the human v. robot wars broke out, which side would you fight for?

Humans! You have a human brain.

SeaLab for the mutha lipolymphohemangiomas hemihypertrophy!!!in' win!

But remember, the robots will have the strength of 5 gorillas. And nails are like candy to robots, and they'll eat tires instead of liquorice. They'll eat nails and then spit them out like bullets.

Because I'd hate to think of Jesus just going from planet to planet for the last 2000 years getting zapped by phasers and decimated by photon torpedos over and over again like some intergalactic Kenny from South Park.

Go down, rock the world, then let "the man" take you out so you'll live forever in the hearts and minds of people... just like Bob Marley.

You are on a roll... :wacko:

That is correct. I am basing all of my previous response on scientific data and theory that we, humans, have now. Now, if I were to slide over into the realm of theoretical physics (which is still based in mathematical formulas that we know today) there are ways, theoretically, to 'travel' to the distant reaches of space by circumventing the rules of the speed of light. You may or may not have heard of the Mexican theoretical physicist Miguel Alcubierre. Do a web search on Dr. Alcubierre and you will see he is attempting to bring the mode of transportation Star Trek ships used, warp drive, to reality. The theory goes that by warping all of space|time, a spaceship could reach anywhere in the universe by not moving at all. The ships 'warp drive' would fold space in front of it while expanding behind the ship, effectively standing still yet traveling vast distances in seconds.

Does Dr. Alcubierre work for MASA?? (south park reference)

There is also the idea of trying to find a way to get the laws of Quantum Physics to work on a macro level.

Quantum Tunneling is a very cool verifiable phenomenon. It works on the probability of the wave function of a microscopic element... and in theory, even macro-level objects (like human beings) have the same kind of wave function as a photon for example, but the wave is statistically ALMOST flat for a human being.

So where a photon can quantum tunnel through an object that it shouldn't be able to pass through (because it's wave function statistically allows for it to exist on the other side of that object) so too in theory, could a human being pass through a wall based upon it's wave function (because the statistical probability of the human suddenly appearing on the other side of the wall is NEVER quite zero).

There is also the idea of trying to find a way to get the laws of Quantum Physics to work on a macro level.

Quantum Tunneling is a very cool verifiable phenomenon. It works on the probability of the wave function of a microscopic element... and in theory, even macro-level objects (like human beings) have the same kind of wave function as a photon for example, but the wave is statistically ALMOST flat for a human being.

So where a photon can quantum tunnel through an object that it shouldn't be able to pass through (because it's wave function statistically allows for it to exist on the other side of that object) so too in theory, could a human being pass through a wall based upon it's wave function (because the statistical probability of the human suddenly appearing on the other side of the wall is NEVER quite zero).

Friend of mine was telling me about this ...he tried it and broke his nose as he hit the wall ...in his theory appearing on the other side of the wall is thus Zero

Friend of mine was telling me about this ...he tried it and broke his nose as he hit the wall ...in his theory appearing on the other side of the wall is thus Zero

Like i said, that wave is ALMOST flat... so he might need to try it trillions of times before he realizes success. :wacko:

It does make you think though... after the resurrection, Jesus appeared to his followers in a locked room. A miracle no doubt.

What if a resurrected Jesus, having totally embraced his nature as fully human and fully divine, had complete and perfect control over every atom of his body? He might even have perfect control over his macro-level wave function allowing him to pass through solid walls. Just a thought. :D

Like i said, that wave is ALMOST flat... so he might need to try it trillions of times before he realizes success. :wacko:

It does make you think though... after the resurrection, Jesus appeared to his followers in a locked room. A miracle no doubt.

What if a resurrected Jesus, having totally embraced his nature as fully human and fully divine, had complete and perfect control over every atom of his body? He might even have perfect control over his macro-level wave function allowing him to pass through solid walls. Just a thought. :D

ok now you are freaking me out a bit :D

Wow. He'd make a sick running back.

"Tackle this, Urlacher!", and then he just runs right through him.