[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Bowl XLIII

budlitebrad

Super Bowl 43  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got to win?

• Arizona Cardinals
    • Pittsburgh Steelers

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cardinals have surprised me every week in the playoffs. I was sure each time they'd roll over like the old Cardinals we knew and tolerated.

Boldin wasn't even a factor in the game yesterday. I don't think he was even on the field much of the time. Assuming he's healthier in two weeks, having to cover both Fitz and Boldin is going to give the Steelers some headaches. The AZ defense has stepped it up a few notches, and AZ actually remembered they have Edgerrin James on their roster. Who knew?

The Steelers have to be the favorite with their strong defense, but they suffered some without Ward out there last night. If he's out, that'll be tough for them because otherwise all they seem to have is Santonio Holmes.

IMO, if the Steelers front can pressure Warner into making mistakes, it's all over for the Cardinals. Warner's been looking great as his line gives him tons of time.

I'll be rooting for the Cardinals in an upset..which practically seals their fate. Sorry Cards. :wacko:

Wanna guess who I picked?

:wacko:

The topless skinny chick in the thong?

:D

I like Warner and his story. I think he has proven himself, win or not, as an HOF QB this year.

I go against my childhood connection to the Steelers and root for the cards.

Depends on which Zona team shows up. If its the one the last 2 weeks, they mop the floor with Pitt.

If its the one that showed up in NE, they lose.

Absolute bunk. With the Steelers D NOONE will mop the floor with them. Especially a team with absolutely no runing game. Steelers could lose this game...if they do it will be by less than seven points.

Pulling for the Cards -

And I think the Cards prefer to be the underdogs. There's really been no pressure on them the entire playoff's and they play that way. Their opponents however are supposed to win and playing with a lot of pressure. I don't see that changing for the Superbowl either. The Stee's have been there before, but then they're excpected to win this one too..

I do think that this will be a close game, and if I were a Stee's fan, I don't know that I'd be getting too confident. Different teams, but revert back to last years superbowl. Who gave the Giants a chance against the perfect Pats? Maybe 3 people - and that's being generous!

Absolute bunk. With the Steelers D NOONE will mop the floor with them. Especially a team with absolutely no runing game. Steelers could lose this game...if they do it will be by less than seven points.

Yup! Just ask the Panthers.. They'll agree too!

I expect the Steelers offense to perform as they did against San Diego.

Arizona's offense ain't faced a D like the Steelers D.

I hate to root against former Pitt Panther Larry Fitzgerald. I certainly don't think he can be shut down, but he also ain't gonna be scoring no 3 TDs either.

I love rooting against Warner - I've hated him since his MVP year.

Steelers 35, Cards 21.

Arizona's offense ain't faced a D like the Steelers D.

I guess ripping up the Panthers and Eagles defense in successive weeks doesn't impress you much huh? Steelers D is really that much better than those defenses? Really?

I guess ripping up the Panthers and Eagles defense in successive weeks doesn't impress you much huh? Steelers D is really that much better than those defenses? Really?

Yes, as far as Carolina is concerned. They're better than the Eagles as well... by how much, we'll find out in two weeks. The Eagles defense had been playing their best football going into yesterday, but their one mistake was letting Fitzgerald single-handedly destroy them. Pittsburgh has more physical corners (sorry, but Asante Samuel just can't cover Fitz, with or without help), and a much better secondary overall, IMO. They're not going to shut him down, but I think 100-120 yards with a TD sounds about right.

That said, it's the Cardinals defense that I think will determine the outcome of the game. Force Ben into a TO or two, and they have a very good shot at winning. If they can't put pressure on him, though, I think he'll pick them apart, allowing Pittsburgh to win a fairly high-scoring game.

I'll have to look at this a little bit closer before making a prediction. :wacko:

I'm rooting for the Cards (underdog & west coast team), but I think Pittsburgh will win.

I guess this is how I feel. I am trying to get the bitter taste out of my mouth from yesterday's game and pull for the Cardinals, but right now I am still in the "that could have been the Eagles" mentality so it's hard to full on root for the team that beat my team.

The thing I keep on coming back to is that most of the Steeler fans are passionate, long-time fans who know their football. I like to see that group of fans get rewarded over a far less storied and passionate fan base of the Cardinals. At least that's how I see Cards fans versus Steelers fans. It's nice to see a new team in the Superbowl, but the I think it means more to the Steelers fans. The only thing that I guess could take that away would be the fact the Steelers have a bunch of rings while the Cardinals have none at this point.

Pittsburgh wins in a close one.

Edited by TDFFFreak