[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

for the nerds...

Duchess Jack

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could have taken your ass at Defender. Used to put a quarter in the machine and would play all night.

Buh-ring it. I used to do the same. I think they ended up taking the machine out because the owners probably thought the game sucked because it only had one quarter in it some days. :D

I played a Defender game a few years back. I was rusty as hell, but after a few tries, it was amazing how quickly the hand-eye coordination returned and you just instinctly remembered where the buttons were. It blew my mind. We have a place that sells them locally. Last I saw they wanted over $2,500...just not in the budget.

Oh, and if I could get my hands on the

with the real ST II torpedo sounds. Just hearing those sounds again makes me wanna put on my roller skates. :wacko: Edited by TimC

10. Baulders Gate

Very deep and expansive RPGs. There have been better since, but for it's time, it was rediculous.

Good series. The first was kinda shallow plot wise. The second was much better. The best of this game engine in my mind was Torment. It took place in the Planescape word.

I was kind of expecting a little more from the first Neverwinter. Did anybody here play the second?

Excellent choices. I would have either said the Sierra Space Quest or Kings Quest series instead of Quest for Glory... or just lumped them all in with Leisure Suit Larry in the glory days of Sierra's games.

Man. I miss the old Sierra games. The closest thing there is out there now is the Monkey Island games. Space Quest is a must for all SciFi fans.

Romance of The Three Kingdoms (by KOEI) - Love this series, by far my favorite

Sid's Civlization Series - A close second, love them all

Counter Strike - PC FPS, greatest FPS series I ever played

Call of Duty - A far second to Counter Strike

Final Fantasy - This makes the list because when I was younger I was all about RPG like this but now my passion has faded

EA Sports Madden - I buy this every year

God of War - Great game period

Warcraft - WoW was the best online RPG I ever played, and the original WCs were awesome

Series? :wacko:

It's all about Nintendo...

10. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out

9. Excitebike

8. Castlevania

7. MegaMan

6. Super Mario Brothers

5. Section Z

4. Super Tecmo Bowl

3. Kid Icarus

2. Metroid

1. Legend of Zelda

When I moved 2 years ago, I was going through my old boxes and found my original NES system and games. Had most of these and they still worked! :D

10. Icewind Dale

9. Kings Quest

8. Quake

7. Worms

6. Diablo

5. Heroes of Might & Magic

4. Ogre Battle/TacticsOgre

3. Final Fantasy

2. Half-Life/Counter-Strike

And of course #1

A den of stinking evil....Cover your nose Boo!

Hands up, kiddies, who wants to die?

I looked into BG sites recently and found a few mods recently released, been hard finding the time to play them though.

If anybody is still playing their PS2 or Xbox and is looking for a kick ass game, the Wench reminded me of this gem last night.

Gladius

Its a tactics game. One of the best games we've every played. Storyline is a little rough - but most are. The game play thought, is fantastic.

If anybody is still playing their PS2 or Xbox and is looking for a kick ass game, the Wench reminded me of this gem last night.

Gladius

Its a tactics game. One of the best games we've every played. Storyline is a little rough - but most are. The game play thought, is fantastic.

Would this game work in a 360 or PS3?

Dam...Hard to believe no C&C fans here. :wacko:

This is one of my favorite series. The original and some of the follow-ups were well done. Some of the later ones though were definitely iffy. The sound effects were classic. Anyone ever play the Suikoden series??

Edited by Mazerom

Good series. The first was kinda shallow plot wise. The second was much better. The best of this game engine in my mind was Torment. It took place in the Planescape word.

I was kind of expecting a little more from the first Neverwinter. Did anybody here play the second?

Yes, I play Neverwinter Nights 2 and the expansions (deep into Storm of Zehir right now). I skipped NW1 because it wasn't really a party-based game like Baldur's Gate & Icewind Dale. Storm of Zehir is a bit of throwback in style to Icewind Dale --> create a party and hack your way to glory. Its a good game, but excessive on the load screens.

My 10 in no particular order:

Jet Moto I

Tomb Raider I

Final Fantasy VII

Baldurs Gate Series

Midtown Madness 2

Grand Theft Auto 3+

Half Life 2

Alpha Centauri & Crossfire

Neverwinter Nights 2 & expansions

Road Rash