[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2009 Aqualung Award

Kid Cid

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can attest to this from a personal standpoint. Couldnt have went to a more deserving person. Congrats buddy!!!

Congrats to Skippy. And thanks to Aqua for enriching our FF lives.

I've been competing in FF leagues with Skippy since almost the first days of The Huddle. We started Rage together, he brought me into USDA, and I pulled him into HEFFA. I met Skippy (and Mrs Skippy, and a couple of little Skips) in person a couple of years ago when we met to play golf. He isnt what you imagine when you hear the name, "Skippy". So, what I want to know from our 'Man of ther Year" - Where in the world did a guy YOUR size get the name, Skippy????

(Is there a MH picture somewhere?)

Congrats to Skippy. And thanks to Aqua for enriching our FF lives.

I've been competing in FF leagues with Skippy since almost the first days of The Huddle. We started Rage together, he brought me into USDA, and I pulled him into HEFFA. I met Skippy (and Mrs Skippy, and a couple of little Skips) in person a couple of years ago when we met to play golf. He isnt what you imagine when you hear the name, "Skippy". So, what I want to know from our 'Man of ther Year" - Where in the world did a guy YOUR size get the name, Skippy????

(Is there a MH picture somewhere?)

Skippy is a common Pittsburgh nickname

In the skylive tour

He isnt what you imagine when you hear the name, "Skippy". So, what I want to know from our 'Man of ther Year" - Where in the world did a guy YOUR size get the name, Skippy????

Okay, this is the short version. I am not at all known in the real world as Skippy. How I came up with the name was pretty simple. I came here to the Huddle right after the Huddle gate opened. I read a thread or two and I wanted to post something. To make a post I had to sign up. I was sure that I would never be back so I put no thought into a name other than the fact that I got a call from a close friend of mine that can not ever seem to call anyone by their real name. He calls everyone Skippy. So he called me as I was signing up and gave me the "hey Skippy" over the phone. Hmmm...Skippy fits this sign up thing. :wacko: I will never be back anyway so no need to put any real thought into it, right? Well, that was the start of me picking out the bean bag chair in the corner by the bush that DMD pissed in. I liked that bean bag so much that I never left. Now I am Skippy. My kids laugh now and then and call me Skippy and when someone from the Huddle calls and asks for Skip, they chuckle and call me to the phone. I try to tell everyone not to call me Skippy as I don't answer to it but as time has gone on I have learned to answer to it.

Okay, this is the short version. I am not at all known in the real world as Skippy. How I came up with the name was pretty simple. I came here to the Huddle right after the Huddle gate opened. I read a thread or two and I wanted to post something. To make a post I had to sign up. I was sure that I would never be back so I put no thought into a name other than the fact that I got a call from a close friend of mine that can not ever seem to call anyone by their real name. He calls everyone Skippy. So he called me as I was signing up and gave me the "hey Skippy" over the phone. Hmmm...Skippy fits this sign up thing. :wacko: I will never be back anyway so no need to put any real thought into it, right? Well, that was the start of me picking out the bean bag chair in the corner by the bush that DMD pissed in. I liked that bean bag so much that I never left. Now I am Skippy. My kids laugh now and then and call me Skippy and when someone from the Huddle calls and asks for Skip, they chuckle and call me to the phone. I try to tell everyone not to call me Skippy as I don't answer to it but as time has gone on I have learned to answer to it.

Shirley you can't be serious?

I would just like to let y'all know that our wonderful hosts have graciously decided to pick up the tab for the winners of this award. A big thanx goes to to DMD and WW. Once again, we wouldn't have this wonderful place to call home without their hard work and dedication. :wacko:

I would just like to let y'all know that our wonderful hosts have graciously decided to pick up the tab for the winners of this award. A big thanx goes to to DMD and WW. Once again, we wouldn't have this wonderful place to call home without their hard work and dedication. :wacko:

Very generous of you guys... not that I'm surprised. :D

Oh yeah, now I remember - you told me this story!

I'd like to add that whenever I discuss FF with The BeachBabe, I'm always using, "You know that league I'm in with "Skippy" (and Wakco, and Bumbo, and RiffRaff, etc.)" She rolls her eyes, and says, "uh, OK."

And I'd like to add a great Thank You to DMD and the Huddle for this support. What a great place to hang out!

What a great gesture! :D:D

TY, David and Whitney!

:D Very nice!