[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's already time to pay for a membership?

Puddy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed a charge yesterday for $23.95 (i think) from the Huddle. Which is fine, but i never actually pressed the renew button - maybe an auto renewal.

I tried to login today and was told i'd expired. that led to me calling customer support and having a fun filled conversation with the guy that played Mumbles in Dick Tracy.

At least I now know that Edge is going to TB tho.

I have to agree with Swammi, this could have been handled better.

From a general customer-service standpoint, it would have been a good idea to let your paying customers know of these changes. To all-of-the-sudden not be able to log-in , without warning, is just wrong.

Imagine if your cable company just turned you off. You inquire to find out what the deal is, and they tell you "Well, we're changing the way we do business, and adding some extra content to our programming, so unless you pay now for these added services, you don't have access to anything you did yesterday. We thought we'd do all this without alerting you."

Also, a description of what the added content is going to be would be helpful. To charge people up-front for something that hasn't even been disclosed is also a little odd.

All it would have taken was a token email to your subscribers to let them know of the changes coming, and the due-dates to pay for newer, better, year-round premium content.

I am guessing a sales/PR person is not on your payroll.

When you signed up last year it said it would expire in February and in the past it did not really matter since we did not release hardly any material in the offseason anyway. Were we to "turn off" the site in the middle of the season (using the cable analogy) then certainly we would have done this differently but the only difference now against all the past is that password protected material will be produced in the offseason unlike previous years. So far as not showing what is going to be coming for your money, we can certainly do that but we have actually lowered the price for returning members using the renewal option from last year so even if we had nothing else you would be paying less.

I apologize if it was some jolt to the system but historically there was nothing to even read on the site until April. We are charging less for producing more and thought that would be greeted positively as it was. We are going to be sending an email out to all members about it but are using the first few days to make sure the payment process is going to be smooth. We do that every year but it usually is in June.

The email actually already went out this morning.

Never got an email.

However I'm happy to say I renewed my membership with no problems at all, took a few seconds and it says I was renewed. It even sent me an email letting me know I was good to go.

Unfortunately, when I try and log in.....invalid username. :wacko:

I paid up and auto-renewed just now. Great feature by the way! However, when I log in it says invalid user name. What's up with that?

I'm going thru the same problem at the moment. I emailed the held desk and the replied saying my username and password had been compromised and I had to choose new ones. Not sure I liked hearing that as I just used those two items along with my credit card number.

Just got off the phone after calling the 800 number. After some difficulty understanding the guy on the other end, he said he is going to reset my password and try again in 15 minutes.

eta: seems strange, if I go to the Lost Password page it will let me log into my account with the same info. Just won't let me log in on the main page.

Edited by BillyBalata

Click a button, enter last four of CC used last year, you're in.

Consider the kinks ironed out.

I have three CC's how in the hell am I suppose to remember which one I used.

:wacko: never mind

Edited by SLAYER

I have three CC's how in the hell am I suppose to remember which one I used.

Look through last year's CC statements.

I just went to renew and I got this error message- "Weren't you banned? Credit Card has been charged."

Fixed

:wacko: Actually if that were the case they would've just asked for another card or asked to see if I could get the credit line raised.

I'm going thru the same problem at the moment. I emailed the held desk and the replied saying my username and password had been compromised and I had to choose new ones. Not sure I liked hearing that as I just used those two items along with my credit card number.

Just got off the phone after calling the 800 number. After some difficulty understanding the guy on the other end, he said he is going to reset my password and try again in 15 minutes.

eta: seems strange, if I go to the Lost Password page it will let me log into my account with the same info. Just won't let me log in on the main page.

I had the same problem, so when I called the 800 number, Haji told me to clear my cookies and it worked. Smart guy this Haji is.