[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NCAA Tournament

Vinatieri Is God

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You also said Florida St was going to the final 4.

Yeah they played Wisconsin who is actually a pretty decent team and matched up well with FSU. The Seminoles just blew that game, no doubt about it. Gonzaga has had Akron and Western Kentucky and both have given them fits.

Edited by Flip_Side

Like I said Gonzaga is crap and OU had a rough time with Michigan.....

UNC really picked up their play in the 2nd half when Ty Lawson got going. He seemed he was just getting a feel for the game in the first half since he hasn't played in a couple of weeks.

That seems to be the key for them. Even many of the analysts made comments before the Tourney started that if Lawson can play and be himself then UNC is gonna be tough to beat.

Phew! Duke finally gets back to the sweet 16.

'm disappointed that Washington couldn't steal a game today. Purdue put just enough of a buffer up in the first half.

Happy with Gonzaga's game today. They pretty much controlled the rhythm. W. Kentucky hit 51% from 3 point land. Crazy.

Just got home. Lawson was damn near unstoppable in the second half. Ellington had another strong game. The Heels played some pretty Decent defense tonight. They are very motivated at the moment. I'm looking forward to a little payback to Gonzaga for 2 years ago.

Just got home. Lawson was damn near unstoppable in the second half. Ellington had another strong game. The Heels played some pretty Decent defense tonight. They are very motivated at the moment. I'm looking forward to a little payback to Gonzaga for 2 years ago.

Do I think that Gonzaga will beat UNC? Not so much.......But I get to see Gonzaga play against UNC on a sweet 16 bracket.

Can't wait! :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked

Yeah they played Wisconsin who is actually a pretty decent team and matched up well with FSU. The Seminoles just blew that game, no doubt about it. Gonzaga has had Akron and Western Kentucky and both have given them fits.

Gonzaga made it to the sweet 16. :wacko:

Good job for a crappy sucky team that your AAU team could beat. :D

Do I think that Gonzaga will beat UNC? Not so much.......But I get to see Gonzaga play against UNC on a sweet 16 bracket.

Can't wait! :wacko:

We'll see. Should be a good game. Lawson has 6 days to recover. He said after the game, that his toe had already begun to swell. Quite frankly, if he can't get completely healthy by this next game, I can't feel good about UNC's chances. If UNC can get past the Zags, then he would only have 1 day to recover. IF he reacts then like he has today, he won't be able to play.

Really? I didn't see their game today, but I've watched LSU play and if they can hang with them, Gonzaga and Oklahoma can definitely hang with them.

Odd, from everything I heard leading up to the game and from what I saw, LSU seemed more like a 4-5 seed than an 8. That said, they only made a game of it by virtue of one amazing run to start the 2nd half. That's the thing about playing UNC, you'd better be able to keep scoring or they will run away from you.

None the less, at this point, everyone can hang with anyone.

Edited by detlef

I don't think all that long ago, actually. I don't recall exactly when, but I do recall at some point in the last few years noticing that matchup.

Last year - #12 Western Kentucky vs #13 San Diego in the west region.

Edited by Big John

Gonzaga made it to the sweet 16. :wacko:

Good job for a crappy sucky team that your AAU team could beat. :D

I love how you put "words in my keyboard". I never said my AAU team could beat Gonzaga numbnuts, I said they could beat some of the teams Memphis beat to go on that huge streak.

Congratulations though, you beat Akron and Western Kentucky, wooo hooo.

Edited by Flip_Side

I love how you put "words in my keyboard". I never said my AAU team could beat Gonzaga numbnuts, I said they could beat some of the teams Memphis beat to go on that huge streak.

It must really suck rooting for a team that has no chance to win it all. Poor bushwack...dude has no viable team to root for in any sport. Cut him some slack. Getting to the sweet 16 is like winning it all.

:wacko: Now now, let's be an adult about the way things turned out so far. These tourney's are tough to predict, you'll learn not to have such sense of certainty in your predictions as you watch more of these through the years.

The Zags won a game yesterday where the other team shot 15-29 from 3 point land. There probably isn't very many teams in the tourney that could survive that. Both teams played very well. I'm not going to predict a Gonzaga win against UNC, but I'm happy to see my crappy team dancing into the Sweet 16 and hope/expect to see a competitive game.

Edited by bushwacked

:wacko: Now now, let's be an adult about the way things turned out so far. These tourney's are tough to predict, you'll learn not to have such sense of certainty in your predictions as you watch more of these through the years.

The Zags won a game yesterday where the other team shot 15-29 from 3 point land. There probably isn't very many teams in the tourney that could survive that. Both teams played very well. I'm not going to predict a Gonzaga win against UNC, but I'm happy to see my crappy team your AAU team could beat dancing into the Sweet 16 and hope/expect to see a competitive game.

Could you kids please take this to PM and stop trashing the thread please? The adults would like to discuss the NCAA tourn.

Big East looks like the bomb, but UNC should take it all if Lawson stays healthy, what a second half last night. The Cuse and Villanova look great.

Two teams that are playing lights out right now, UNC and UCONN. Pitt has been in a serious tussle in each game so far. Villanova and Syracuse both look really good as well. Memphis doesn't look as good as their record indicates but they've pulled the wins. The question this afternoon? Will Dominic James coming back for Marquette help or hurt them?

Two teams that are playing lights out right now, UNC and UCONN. Pitt has been in a serious tussle in each game so far. Villanova and Syracuse both look really good as well. Memphis doesn't look as good as their record indicates but they've pulled the wins. The question this afternoon? Will Dominic James coming back for Marquette help or hurt them?

Missed all of UNCs, UCONNs, and Memphis's last games. Strictly from monitoring the scores it looked as if UNC had their hands full for 3/4 of the game while Memphis and UCONN pounded their opponents from the onset.

Edited by bushwacked

Missed all of UNCs, UCONNs, and Memphis's last games. Strictly from monitoring the scores it looked as if UNC had their hands full for 3/4 of the game while Memphis and UCONN pounded their opponents from the onset.

I'd venture a guess that UNC had stiffer opposition. LSU was the SEC Champion with the SEC player of the year in Thornton. They won 27 games. Not too shabby for a 8 seed.

I'd venture a guess that UNC had stiffer opposition. LSU was the SEC Champion with the SEC player of the year in Thornton. They won 27 games. Not too shabby for a 8 seed.

And I think the core of the team that went to the Final Four a few years ago is still around. LSU was vastly under-rated, IMO.

And wow, this Mizzou/Marquette game is awesome.

Yes, LSU would handle Maryland or A&M.