[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most amazing/proutest golf shot

Jimmy Neutron

So let's hear about your greatest or most memorable golf shot.

Two stick out in my mind - the first is a 430 par 4 I drove the green on - yes it played down hill, but it was still a hell of a shot. It helps that I sealed the deal and birdied.

I've never had a hole in one, but my second most memorable is close. I had a 160 yard approach to a center cut pin. I discinctly remember taking a practice swing with my 8 iron and thinking, "if I duplicate that practice swing, I'll be golden." I let it rip and it felt great - perfect flight, two bounces and into the cup - eagle. Felt mucho :wacko:

So let's hear about your greatest or most memorable golf shot.

Two stick out in my mind - the first is a 430 par 4 I drove the green on - yes it played down hill, but it was still a hell of a shot. It helps that I sealed the deal and birdied.

I've never had a hole in one, but my second most memorable is close. I had a 160 yard approach to a center cut pin. I discinctly remember taking a practice swing with my 8 iron and thinking, "if I duplicate that practice swing, I'll be golden." I let it rip and it felt great - perfect flight, two bounces and into the cup - eagle. Felt mucho :D

are'nt you supposed to be golfing this morning? :wacko:

#11, The Reserve Vineyards Golf Club South Course (former home of the Jeld-Wen). 191 yards - pin placement, front right. Creek just off the green front right. Knew I needed to start the shot closer to the middle of the green and hit a little cut and spin it to get close. My 5 iron shot landed about 12 inches beyond the hole and spun back in for the ace....my first after playing for 20 years. I had lipped out a number of times and come less than an inch short once (for some reason, always on holes that required a 4 iron off the tee) and have holed out from the fairway a number of times, but this was much more gratifying. On to the double eagle!

Edited by Seattle LawDawg

#11, The Reserve Vineyards Golf Club South Course (former home of the Jeld-Wen). 191 yards - pin placement, front right. Creek just off the green front right. Knew I needed to start the shot closer to the middle of the green and hit a little cut and spin it to get close. My 5 iron shot landed about 12 inches beyond the hole and spun back in for the ace....my first after playing for 20 years. I had lipped out a number of times and come less than an inch short once (for some reason, always on holes that required a 4 iron off the tee) and have holed out from the fairway a number of times, but this was much more gratifying. On to the double eagle!

:wacko:

The Reserve is one course that I've never played but always wanted to. Didn't they move the Jeld-Wen to Crosswater this past year? Always nice when you can "spin" a 5 iron. By the depth of the mark you had to have hit that ball pretty high in the air.

Edited by theprofessor

I too, have been close to a few hole in one's but never had one.

Probably one of my most memorable shots was at the #2 hole at Druids Glen Golf Club in Covington, WA. It is a reachable par 5, about 485 yards, with a narrow green that is bordered by water than extends the last 120 yards of the hole and runs up to the center-right front of the green. I hit a 3 wood off of the tee to the left side of the fairway. I was about 210 yards out and took a 5 wood to the green. The approach shot at this green is tough as you have to hit a high shot to be able to hold the green as it is very narrow and with the water you have to carry the ball to the green. The pin was tucked in the back right corner of the green. I hit a high cut shot that was tracking right to the pin. It landed about 15-20 feet in front of the pin and rolled in for a double eagle 2!!

Haven't golfed much since my back surgery several years ago, but shots like this make me want to do everything I can to get back out there:

Playing Oyster Bay in Myrtle Beach, a 525 yard par 5, hit my driver decent 260, but laid up poorly before the water hazard leaving me a 150 yard 3rd shot. With bunkers flanking the tight green, and a large water hazard in front of me, I hit the best shot of my life with my 7 iron...5-6 yards past the hole with backspin, and it struck the pin and dropped....sweet eagle, and was good for 6 skins amongst some friends.

A constant 90-95 player, this was by far the best moment of my golfing life on a very challenging course.

short par 4 (320ish yards) that I holed out for an EAGLE from about 60 yards out.

second is probably the 70ish foot putt I sank for a birdie on a par 3...funny thing is that the green was in horrible shape

and I was just trying to lag it up close but it hopped and skipped all the way to the hole and then when it fell I was like :wacko:

Edited by keggerz

Two stick out:

I drove a green on a short par 4 (about 320), the shot actually rolled through the green (almost an ace), and I chipped in for eagle. I crushed that bastage.

Also on a par 4, I shanked my approach way right, hit a rock, and the ricochet ended up about 3 inches from the cup for the bird.

Incredible game.

I cant compete with the quality of Golf Course..

Short par 4 (350 dogleg), cut the corner drove the green and made a nice 10fter for eagle!!

Par 3 course - Hole 8. about 150, take the 8iron and hole it!!! Shotguned a beer with my buds on the green for that!! Still have the muddy ball today

This all happened in my first year of the game and i've been hooked ever since.

Consistent 90-100 golfer

Edited by TRU SOLDJA 22

are'nt you supposed to be golfing this morning? :wacko:

I did - 6:30 AM and it was awesome. Nice and cool, wet course from the rain and made enough decentg shots to not quit the damn game - a good day of golf. :D

I did - 6:30 AM and it was awesome. Nice and cool, wet course from the rain and made enough decentg shots to not quit the damn game - a good day of golf. :wacko:

a bad day of golf is better than a good day of work any time!

I've made double eagle from around 225 out. But I've never been close to a hole in one.

I've done this as well. I was about 240 out and hit a 3 iron. I knew I hit it good and told my playing partner that it was close. Went up to the green and didn't see the ball, so I look in the hole and there she is.

Two shots that stand out in my memory. When I was 10 or 11, I was playing a round with my cousins at my grandpa's CC in Lehigh, UT. I was a total hacker and had probably taken 6-8 shots to get to where I was at. Anyway, I was 60-80yds from the pin, had a downhill lie and there was a creek in between. There was a huge fir tree that totally blocked the view of the center of the green and the pin. I hit the ball and it cleared the top of the tree by 1-2" and dropped out of sight. We crossed the bridge and went to the green. The ball was nowhere in sight and I finally, jokingly checked the hole and there it was. I still have vivid memories of the way that shot felt and visions of that ball just barely clearing the tip top of that tree.

However, my most spectacular shot was a hole in one on the dreaded "T" hole at the Scandia Fun Center in Fairfield CA. You know the one I'm talkin about. You tee off at one end of the top of the tee and have to hit the 45 degree bumper(the center one of three) and send it down the stem of T which has a hole on an elevated excuse of a fairway that has sloped sides for your ball to roll off and end up in mini putt purgatory :D And don't miss those bumpers cuz you'll end up in mini putt hel1. :wacko:

I never had a hole in one but I have put several approach shots in the hole. I think the best was last summer from about 205 when I said to my group that it has been a long time since I holed one of these. I poked it with my four iron and with one boucne the ball dissapeared. I was not sure it was in the hole and we all discussed it the rest of the way to the green but when we got there we did not see a ball until I checked the cup.

I've never had a hole in one. Closest I have come is 15 years ago on a par 3 instead of a circle for a ball mark left on the green it was a perfect half circle, as the ball landed half on the edge of the hole, kicked up and off the pin and 5 feet away.

I have holed out for eagle on a par 4, five times. The first time was 15+ years ago. I was severely hungover that day. I was seriously thinking of just gong back home. We had hit our tee shots on the first hole, i was about 100 yards out looking downhill at the green. Hit my wedge a few feet short of the green, bounced up and rolled into the hole. As my buddies started whooping and hollering, I turned and proceded to blow lunch behind our cart. :wacko:. I got a 9 on the next hole, another par 4.

I think the most memorable one though was about 7 years ago during a match play event at my current club. I started out winning the first 4 holes to take a commanding lead in the match. But after that I didn't win another hole the rest of the match and as we came to the last hole, we were now all square. It was a 90+ degree day. My opponent was walking, I was riding. He was ornery as hell after being down by 4 and sweating his ass off. The last hole was a short par 4 with an island green. After our tee shots he was about 90 yards out, I was a little inside that, about 80 out. He sticks his approach shot to within 8-10 feet. Pressure's is on me now, my buddy says, don't worry about his shot, he hasn't made the putt yet, make sure you get on the green, at the worst, two putt and put the pressure back on him. That relaxed me a little and I stroked a smooth wedge, one bounce, one more short one and disappeared in the hole. Eagle 2, match over. :D My opponent meanwhile had walked up ahead and around to the path leading up a little slope onto the green and had a front row seat to watch the ball go into the hole. He was not happy, turned and flung the putter he had in his hand back down the slope at his bag he'd left behind. Poor sport. :D

First, let me say that I'm not a good golfer; only play about once every other year right now. So, as a result, it's either:

1) After a little jawboning with a friend, we bet on a long drive. I rip it. He steps up and rips it. But, his hit the cart path and rolled. My drive went 410yds. His went 450yds.

2) Same round, I cut the corner on a par four and the ball is within about 10 feet of the cup.

3) Off the green, have to chip over a huge sand trap; pin placement is about six feet past the trap (very close placement). To do the shot, I try to really elevate a chip shot to plop it down next to the hole. Instead, I skull the shot horribly, it flies across the green, hits a tree (barely missing my friend who was chipping from the other side of the green) and rolls to withing about 10 feet of the cup.

4) Holed a 30-40 foot putt with a ton of break on the 18th green in front of a bunch of people at some corporate thing. The rest of my foresome was floored as it was easily the best shot of my round (I believe I lost nearly 15 balls during the rest of the round).

I too, have been close to a few hole in one's but never had one.

Probably one of my most memorable shots was at the #2 hole at Druids Glen Golf Club in Covington, WA. It is a reachable par 5, about 485 yards, with a narrow green that is bordered by water than extends the last 120 yards of the hole and runs up to the center-right front of the green. I hit a 3 wood off of the tee to the left side of the fairway. I was about 210 yards out and took a 5 wood to the green. The approach shot at this green is tough as you have to hit a high shot to be able to hold the green as it is very narrow and with the water you have to carry the ball to the green. The pin was tucked in the back right corner of the green. I hit a high cut shot that was tracking right to the pin. It landed about 15-20 feet in front of the pin and rolled in for a double eagle 2!!

I hate you!! I live about two minutes from Druid's, and that hole is my absolute nemesis! I think the yardage is wrong because I hit a perfect layup to 100 every single time I play, yet somehow I always fly the green. As I'm sure you're aware, if your shot looks like it is heading to the back, it will in fact roll out of bounds, every time. I have started that course with no better than a bogey on 2 every single time!

My most memorable is probably a ball I knifed off the path, off the bench near an adjacent tee box, off a tree, bounding through the bunker, to end up at 6". It gave me a $90 skin that had been carried over six times.

The shots I have been most proud of have been mostly putts, but nothing will rival my infamous skin at West Seattle.