[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think i'm tired of drinking

Jackass

So i'm in my 30's, obviously drank more in my 20's, etc. I work in a metropolitan area and used to like going out with friends or co-workers for drinks and getting pretty sauced up - not every night but a couple times a week maybe. But lately, i've been finding myself enjoying this activity less and less. The change seems fairly sudden. I'm just curious if this sudden change has happened to others. Maybe i just need a night a night out with some cocaine and hookers to break out of this rut :wacko:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe i just need a night a night out with some cocaine and hookers to break out of this rut :wacko:

That would be my first suggestion. :D

Failing that...try more hard liquor. Shots work well. Start with the Jaggebombs. That extra caffeine in those can give you the extra boost you need to keep on drinking. Don't stop at 1....make sure you do 2 or 3 to start. If that's too strong for you, try the butterscotch schnapps. A person can do shots of that stuff all night long and not get sick of the taste.

As you get older, you'll find it's important to vary your booze intake to avoid the monotony of being a drunk.

Hope that helps. :D

Maybe you are just growing up. I still like to 'drink' but the whole going out game got tiresome a long time ago. While I still meet friends occasionally at a bar for drinks, my drinking is usually done around the house, a couple at a time.

Congratulations on maturing. :wacko:

I went through the whole I gotta stop the binge drinking thing sometime in my thirties. It was every Friday and Saturday night like clockwork. Now, I'll just have one or two bourbons after dinner or perhaps split a bottle of wine with Ms Cid. I save the binge drinking for special occasions like Beerfest last weekend. I'm still the funnel champ but we lost the team competition to the damn Irish.

The part that's getting to me is that, these days when I drink more than 1 or 2, I wake up at 4am and can't get back to sleep.

I freaking hate that.

I really only get that when I drink a lot of caffeine. I could really do away with soda all together if I could only find something else that tasted so good with Bacardi or Morgan. I don't know.. My wife has definitely hit the "who cares about drinking" stage but I still likes me a good cocktail. I do drink less beer than I did before. The hard part is the kid wakes up at 6:30 no matter how late I stay up :wacko:

I really only get that when I drink a lot of caffeine. I could really do away with soda all together if I could only find something else that tasted so good with Bacardi or Morgan. I don't know.. My wife has definitely hit the "who cares about drinking" stage but I still likes me a good cocktail. I do drink less beer than I did before. The hard part is the kid wakes up at 6:30 no matter how late I stay up :wacko:

I've never slept past 6:30 or 7:00 even when I was younger and closing down bars at 2am. So that part doesn't matter. With me, it has nothing to do with the mixer because it's usually, beer, wine, or martinis anyway.

The worst is when we start a little early and knock off by 10pm or so. Then I'm up at freaking 1:30 or 2:00!

The worst is when we start a little early and knock off by 10pm or so. Then I'm up at freaking 1:30 or 2:00!

Ew. So what actually wakes you up? Headache or something? Getting an early buzz going and going to bed at a reasonable time (the kid usually crashes at 7:15 or so) is about as good as it gets most the time. Do you typically sleep bad or something? I've just never heard of alcohol (a depressant if I remember DARE class correctly) causing people to wake up in the middle of the night. You could always just drink a LOT more and hope you sleep longer. :wacko:

Edited by Square

I haven't been much of a drinker for a while now. I don't think I ever got tired of the drinking, just the feeling like crap afterwards.

+1. I did recently go through until nearly 4:00 in the morning over in the UK but those are incredibly rare now (which is good). No hangover either - I have stopped drinking any of the mass produced piss like Bud and haven't had a hangover for years.

Ew. So what actually wakes you up? Headache or something? Getting an early buzz going and going to bed at a reasonable time (the kid usually crashes at 7:15 or so) is about as good as it gets most the time. Do you typically sleep bad or something? I've just never heard of alcohol (a depressant if I remember DARE class correctly) causing people to wake up in the middle of the night. You could always just drink a LOT more and hope you sleep longer. :wacko:

No, I just wake up. I don't feel bad or anything. And I've always been a really great sleeper. I used to joke that if there was a sleep olympics, I'd be on a Wheaties Box. In most cases, this is still true and it's not like, every time I drink it happens.

On my 21st BDay I got tired of drinking so to say....at about 3:30am and being extremely drunk my buddy gave me a $20 and said "get me a beer and get yourself a drink too"...I returned with his beer and my SHOT because I was "to tired of drinking" and figured there was less to drink in that shot :wacko:

That would be my first suggestion. :D

Failing that...try more hard liquor. Shots work well. Start with the Jaggebombs. That extra caffeine in those can give you the extra boost you need to keep on drinking. Don't stop at 1....make sure you do 2 or 3 to start. If that's too strong for you, try the butterscotch schnapps. A person can do shots of that stuff all night long and not get sick of the taste.

As you get older, you'll find it's important to vary your booze intake to avoid the monotony of being a drunk.

Hope that helps. :wacko:

:D Layer Baileys on top of that for a Buttery Nipple shot

:wacko: Layer Baileys on top of that for a Buttery Nipple shot

Our bartender made us something along those lines last weekend. Can't remember what else was in it, had the butterscotch and baileys i think, but something else as well. She called it a Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookie. Yum.

Our bartender made us something along those lines last weekend. Can't remember what else was in it, had the butterscotch and baileys i think, but something else as well. She called it a Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookie. Yum.

Sounds good

An oatmeal cookie is

Frangelico

Baileys

Goldschlager

I have only made one of those since I started. Some people make them differently. Its a good shot

Girl scout cookie

Peppermint schnapps

Kahlua

Baileys

Whomper, straight tequila and keep it coming until I puke or try to have sex with you. Gawd-danged it.

Our place offers a Martini bar as an additional package for the formal parties. It is all trendy types of Martinis. This past week in place of the martini bar this p[arty had a Tequila station. It was the first time I had seen that since I started. Some really awesome tequilas flwoing that day. Patron Silver, Patron Cafe, Herradura, 1800, Cabo Wabo. People were loving it.