[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Hangover

Do Work Son

My wife and I saw it a couple of weeks ago. It was funny and we enjoyed it. I have laughed harder during scenes from other movies but was laughing steadily throughout this movie.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I digress... The Hangover was not meant to be a character study, but just a funny mockery of the Vegas batchelor party experience.

Just awesome...worth seeing for the credits alone...

FINALLY saw this; maybe I bought a little too much into the hype, but I don't see the "best comedy ever" stuff people were saying about it.

Don't get me wrong, it's solid, solid flick with some great bits and I'm interested to see how it holds up on re-watch but 'taint no Animal House.

The end credits might have been the best thing. Well, maybe not but they were pretty f'in classic.

FINALLY saw this; maybe I bought a little too much into the hype, but I don't see the "best comedy ever" stuff people were saying about it.

+1. Am I the only one who thought the Chinese guy was the funniest person in the movie?

And the only line from this film that I've incorporated into my daily life was from the first 2 minutes: "Don't text me. . .it's ghey"

Edited by SheikYerbuti

+1. Am I the only one who thought the Chinese guy was the funniest person in the movie?

And the only line from this film that I've incorporated into my daily life was from the first 2 minutes: "Don't text me. . .it's ghey"

Totally agree 100% that the Chinese guy was the funniest person in the movie

Wasn't a big fan of this movie at all and it certainly wasn't in my Top 5 or 10 for funniest movies. Sure I laughed at parts but I thought it was reaching and sort of pathetic at parts.

Don't get me wrong, it's solid, solid flick with some great bits and I'm interested to see how it holds up on re-watch but 'taint no Animal House.

The end credits might have been the best thing. Well, maybe not but they were pretty f'in classic.

Agree completely. Enjoyed it but wasn't on the floor laughing or anything. Maybe expectations were too high or something.

+1 on this. I said the exact same thing after I watched it.

Funny movie, yes. Does it make my top five funny movies of all time, no. Definitely rewatchable though.

+1

It was funny and I liked it, but I dont think of it as one of the best comedies I have ever seen.

Wow, irony rears its ugly head. :wacko:

:D ya shocker

Hangover was hilarious, the ending credits were off the charts and Alan flat out rules -

one of the best in recent memory - best ever? who cares..... holds up to more viewings and I loved this chit outta that movie

Wow, irony rears its ugly head. :wacko:

Well played Darin.

To those of you who said you didn't like it, or that it wasn't funny . . . I feel sorry for you . . . because you have no sense of humor.

I love comedies....but it was like they tried too hard to make this movie funny..

almost everything I saw in this movie was completely unoriginal and I only had a couple of laughs....It was kind of like Jester running around trying extremely hard to get me to laugh and kept dropping the ball...

I mean, I did laugh a couple of times...but it was absolutely nothing special and I thought Role Models was funnier in '09...