[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prayers/Good Vibes requested

max

Thanks again for all of your support.

The latest news is that dad's kidneys are only functioning at 50%. They may have to put a stint (not sure of spelling) to help it but they aren't sure at this point yet. They are in the process of developing a plan. I guess the positive is that it doesn't appear to be a total kidney failure. The bad news is that they discovered spots of cancer throughout his liver. Again, they are developing a plan for that too but we will have to wait and see what they recommend. All I know for sure is that this really sucks in general. It is hard seeing the man I always saw as my idol going through this and there isn't anything I can do to help him.

Sorry if I seem to be rambling but posting this seems to help me cope with this thanks again everyone.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again for all of your support.

The latest news is that dad's kidneys are only functioning at 50%. They may have to put a stint (not sure of spelling) to help it but they aren't sure at this point yet. They are in the process of developing a plan. I guess the positive is that it doesn't appear to be a total kidney failure. The bad news is that they discovered spots of cancer throughout his liver. Again, they are developing a plan for that too but we will have to wait and see what they recommend. All I know for sure is that this really sucks in general. It is hard seeing the man I always saw as my idol going through this and there isn't anything I can do to help him.

Sorry if I seem to be rambling but posting this seems to help me cope with this thanks again everyone.

Never be apologetic for posting your thoughts and feelings on some emotional life experiences that you're going through. We're here for you Max and if sharing what's happening helps you cope then share away. I completely understand what you're going through as I've seen my fair share of very close people in my life struggle through tough illnesses. My Uncle Terrence who was one of the toughest people I ever knew, suffered 2 major strokes and went from a very strong man who could handle any situation, to someone whose face I had to shave because he couldn't move to do so himself. I watched the tears roll down his face while I shaved him because of the love he felt for me and because of how embarrassed he was being that he was such a proud man. It broke my heart. Be strong for your dad and know that I hope things work out for the best.

Hey everyone. I just got home from my parents house and figured I'd give you all the latest news on my dad. Unfortunately, it isn't good news. The doctors stated earlier this week that there was nothing more they could do for dad. Their focus turned to getting him comfortable because they said the cancer became too aggressive. They said he only has a short time remaining, weeks. Although the way his conditioned progressed it may only be days. They sent him home on thursday and set up hospice care at his home. He cannot be left alone and cannot really communicate any longer. I knew this would get hard to see a strong man like him go through this but never had any clue how difficult and painful it would actually be. I am very fortunate to have him as a father and a hero. I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to tell him how I feel about him, how much he means to me, and thank him for being the best father a son could ever wish for. For lack of a better way of saying it, I must say this sucks. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. I cannot tell you how much it means to my family and I. Things will be crazy and hectic in the upcoming days but I will try to check back here from time to time.

Very sorry to hear that. My wife and I went through something similar with my father-in-law a couple of years ago... Very difficult for the entire family. :wacko: Remember, just because he may not be able to communicate any longer, doesn't mean he can't hear and understand others communicating. It's never too late to tell him how much you love and appreciate him. :D

I'm so sorry to hear the news Max. Keeping up with the updates and the roller coaster ride of positive and not so positive news makes me feel very sad today. I feel as though I'm losing a relative of mine. I continue to keep you in my prayers and want you to know I'm thinking about you and yours often. Try to be strong. Instead of a sad face here's a smile for support :wacko: I'm here for you Max.

It is with the deepest sadness that I must say that earlier this morning our family lost a great man. My father is my best friend, hero, and meant the world to me. Today his battle with cancer came to a close and he is with god, feeling no pain. Rest in peace dad. I already miss you.

It is with the deepest sadness that I must say that earlier this morning our family lost a great man. My father is my best friend, hero, and meant the world to me. Today his battle with cancer came to a close and he is with god, feeling no pain. Rest in peace dad. I already miss you.

:wacko:

:wacko:

Prayers from my entire family to yours, Max. Take as much comfort as you can in knowing he will always be here with us, as it sounds like much of who you are today is due to him.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss max. I can't remember the name of the song but it has a line in it about the singer's father getting old and the father's "song was in my soul". Your father will continue to live in your soul as long as you live.

So very sorry to hear, Max. Godspeed to your Dad......and peace and love to you and your family.

I lost my father this past year as well.......so your posts and feelings and updates have been very close to my heart. As you are. He raised an awesome son.....and for that alone, he was a great man. I'm sorry for all that he (and your family) had to go through this past month, but then again, you all got to support him and tell him how you felt about him. That was a gift. I know at the last, it seemed very quick....but be thankful for even that.

Pass along his wisdom and spirit to your children. He'll always live in your hearts.

As a few of us can attest, this next year will be toughest. Lots of weird "firsts" to get through. I'm coming up on a big one this week. But along with the heartache, find some little remembrance that makes you smile. He would want you to. :wacko:

My heartfelt sympathies are with you and your family.

Jules

My deepest sympathy to you and your family,Max. He sounded like a great man and I know you will keep his memory close to your heart. I wish I could say more, but he is now without pain and in a better place.

Peace my friend.

Tom

I am very close to my Dad. He has always been there for me anytime I ever needed anything. I admire him for everything that he is and am thankful for what he has made me become. My Dad hasn't been feeling well recently. Earlier this evening, I found out that my Dad has some alarming blood test results. His doctor decided that it would be best to admit him into the hospital this coming Sunday so that all the necessary tests can be performed as quickly as possible. There is a possibility that he may have prostate cancer; however, there is a possibility that it is not. We are obviously hopeful that it isn't. Needless to say, I am quite concerned. If you could please keep my Dad in your thoughts and prayers it would be greatly appreciated.

Prayers sent.