[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve McNair

penguin

I'm not saying he was anything more than a great football player, but this attitude is a real downer considering there are two dead people in this story who are way too young to be in that condition, regardless of what anyone's version of "upright" consists of.

+ a kajillion.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell does that have to do with anything? :D

Not all sports superstars can be a role model like Jimmy Smith true, but screw these aholes.

This Jimmy Smith?

Released on bail

Because now I know you're just :wacko:

Edited by Zooty

Let the facts come out people then draw your own conclusions. And why the hell are people so damn judgemental? What difference does it make if the guy was cheating on his wife? It doesn't make this murder any less of a tragedy. The guy was only 36 and was shot four times! Show some respect for the guy and the loss of his life.

And no I don't condone adultery but don't vilify the guy for cheating. Celebrities and all other folks in society regulary commit these actions so it's not as if he's a serial murderer or rapist.

I've always been a big fan, but once I got past the shock yesterday, I had to laugh. Probably took all the times he was shot to put the bugger down. Likely considered doubtful on the second to last shot and likely would have played on Sunday.

Let the facts come out people then draw your own conclusions. And why the hell are people so damn judgemental? What difference does it make if the guy was cheating on his wife? It doesn't make this murder any less of a tragedy. The guy was only 36 and was shot four times! Show some respect for the guy and the loss of his life.

And no I don't condone adultery but don't vilify the guy for cheating. Celebrities and all other folks in society regulary commit these actions so it's not as if he's a serial murderer or rapist.

Why not? This is one of the problems with society today, the total lack of responsibility taken for our actions. I am not making him out to be a terrible human being , as all I have heard from many is that he was a wonderful guy, but despite the facts of whether he was still married or not what is he doing with a 20 yr old girl?( one with a very troubled past no less.) So lets get off the backs of people who have a problem with infidelity, because if you DON'T have a problem with it , then you have probably done it yourself. No it is not murder , but its still wrong .

RIP Steve.

I've always been a big fan, but once I got past the shock yesterday, I had to laugh. Probably took all the times he was shot to put the bugger down. Likely considered doubtful on the second to last shot and likely would have played on Sunday.

:wacko:

Why not? This is one of the problems with society today, the total lack of responsibility taken for our actions. I am not making him out to be a terrible human being , as all I have heard from many is that he was a wonderful guy, but despite the facts of whether he was still married or not what is he doing with a 20 yr old girl?( one with a very troubled past no less.) So lets get off the backs of people who have a problem with infidelity, because if you DON'T have a problem with it , then you have probably done it yourself. No it is not murder , but its still wrong .

RIP Steve.

For fraks sake. What is the deal with you people? The dude was shot and killed at 36. I guess I'm kind of in the middle of the two ages but I don't see that age difference being completely ridiculous. He's not Hugh Hefner at 80 dating 18 year olds. My neighbor (who just happens to be a d-bag) has a wife that is more than 20 years younger. Besides, accusing someone else of infidelity simply because they aren't on their moral high horse is lame. 50% of marriages end in divorce. 50%. I don't think it would be out of line to say that maybe half of those people had something going on outside the marriage at some point. Especially once things go bad and you are in the end days. The bigger point is that everybody screws up at times. Dating a younger chick for a few months doesn't negate the way he lived his life for 36 years. I'd prefer this thread just drop the "girlfriend" thing but you moralists sure want to get your .2 cents in. It must be nice to be so perfect. :wacko:

For fraks sake. What is the deal with you people? The dude was shot and killed at 36. I guess I'm kind of in the middle of the two ages but I don't see that age difference being completely ridiculous. He's not Hugh Hefner at 80 dating 18 year olds. My neighbor (who just happens to be a d-bag) has a wife that is more than 20 years younger. Besides, accusing someone else of infidelity simply because they aren't on their moral high horse is lame. 50% of marriages end in divorce. 50%. I don't think it would be out of line to say that maybe half of those people had something going on outside the marriage at some point. Especially once things go bad and you are in the end days. The bigger point is that everybody screws up at times. Dating a younger chick for a few months doesn't negate the way he lived his life for 36 years. I'd prefer this thread just drop the "girlfriend" thing but you moralists sure want to get your .2 cents in. It must be nice to be so perfect. :wacko:

Amen to that.

You obviously misunderstand my point. I , personally , am not getting on him. But ... the posters here should not talk craap to people who think infidelity is wrong, because it is. Getting yourself mixed up in a relationship with a girl ( or guy) almost half your age is also close to the edge, add to it a girl with obvious problems in her past. When you have a family ( 4 kids) you need to be smarter then that. You buy a 20 yr old girl who u are just newly dating a condo and a 50k car? Bad judgement. Does he deserve to be murdered ? Of course not, but my original post was intended to let others know that just because he is a "celebrity " and "rich" doesnt mean its OK to do what he is accused of being involved with. And to use the excuse that 50 % of marriages end in divorce is silly . Possibly if people did more thinking with their big head instead of the little one , unfortunate scenarios like this might not occur. Again , I am not saying he was a bad guy or a good guy, I am saying he was a good QB , who made a bad read.

RIP Steve

Im sure there is some legal/police lingo reason for it but why did it take a few days to rule his death a homicide ? Didnt he get shot 4 times ? That doesnt usually happen with suicide or accidental shootings.

Edited by whomper

Im sure there is some legal/police lingo reason for it but why did it take a few days to rule his death a homicide ? Didnt he get shot 4 times ? That doesnt usually happen with suicide or accidental shootings.

Why rush?

- McNair Confronted by Woman at Restaurant --

Mon Jul 6, 2009

The Nashville City Paper reports former Titans QB Steve McNair was out with friends and enjoying Nashville hours before his death. McNair was out with his girlfriend, 20-year-old Sahel Kazemi. Kazemi was a waitress at Dave & Buster's in OpryMills and it was there she apparently first met McNair a few months ago. Metro Police spokesman Don Aaron said that McNair and Kazemi were in a steady relationship and dating. At approximately 9:30 p.m. on July 3, McNair and a woman identified as Kazemi were outside the Losers nightclub, at 1911 Division St. McNair later stopped by nightclub Mai Nashville where he entered with an unknown man. Kazemi was not in the club due to the fact that she was under age. McNair apparently stayed a short time and left, heading toward the Blue Moon Lagoon Restaurant. That's where McNair's evening took an ominous turn. While sitting with friends at the restaurant (sources say that Kazemi was not in the party), a white woman in her early 20s, about 5-foot-4, approached McNair and accused him of slipping her a "roofie" a year ago. The woman then told McNair, according to sources, that her boyfriend was going to kill him. Roofie is a slang term for Rohypnol, a sedative dating back to the early 1970s that is used in hospitals for deep sedation, but is now a fairly infamous date-rape drug. After confronting McNair, sources say that the woman was asked to leave the restaurant. As of now, there is no known connection between the blonde woman's warning and the events that unfolded just a few hours later. It could well be an eerie coincidence. Still, Metro Police are interviewing patrons and staff members at Blue Moon Lagoon. Sources say that when McNair finally left the Blue Moon Lagoon in the early hours of July 4, Crow had a driver take McNair home. They say that the driver took McNair home alone. Later on July 4, McNair and Kazemi were found shot to death in a downtown condominium.

- McNair Confronted by Woman at Restaurant --

Mon Jul 6, 2009

The Nashville City Paper reports former Titans QB Steve McNair was out with friends and enjoying Nashville hours before his death. McNair was out with his girlfriend, 20-year-old Sahel Kazemi. Kazemi was a waitress at Dave & Buster's in OpryMills and it was there she apparently first met McNair a few months ago. Metro Police spokesman Don Aaron said that McNair and Kazemi were in a steady relationship and dating. At approximately 9:30 p.m. on July 3, McNair and a woman identified as Kazemi were outside the Losers nightclub, at 1911 Division St. McNair later stopped by nightclub Mai Nashville where he entered with an unknown man. Kazemi was not in the club due to the fact that she was under age. McNair apparently stayed a short time and left, heading toward the Blue Moon Lagoon Restaurant. That's where McNair's evening took an ominous turn. While sitting with friends at the restaurant (sources say that Kazemi was not in the party), a white woman in her early 20s, about 5-foot-4, approached McNair and accused him of slipping her a "roofie" a year ago. The woman then told McNair, according to sources, that her boyfriend was going to kill him. Roofie is a slang term for Rohypnol, a sedative dating back to the early 1970s that is used in hospitals for deep sedation, but is now a fairly infamous date-rape drug. After confronting McNair, sources say that the woman was asked to leave the restaurant. As of now, there is no known connection between the blonde woman's warning and the events that unfolded just a few hours later. It could well be an eerie coincidence. Still, Metro Police are interviewing patrons and staff members at Blue Moon Lagoon. Sources say that when McNair finally left the Blue Moon Lagoon in the early hours of July 4, Crow had a driver take McNair home. They say that the driver took McNair home alone. Later on July 4, McNair and Kazemi were found shot to death in a downtown condominium.

Wow , if she is not involved that is just weird.

Why not? This is one of the problems with society today, the total lack of responsibility taken for our actions.

news flash -> people have been cheating since the dawn of time. there's really nothing fundamentally different about today vs. yesterday.

For cheating it is a hit to his character but shouldnt be punishable by death. If the roofy story is true I certainly wouldnt be heartbroken for Mcnair. The thing is you just dont know . When you are famous people sometimes just want to be "associated" with you even if that means making things up about you. Sad story all around

He was found shot on the 4th in the afternoon. The autopsy wasn't scheduled until Sunday afternoon. It was a holiday weekend and I believe it's the coroner that officially declares a death a homicide with a cause. If they were waiting for some lab result, a spokesperson/PR guy to make an announcement, whatever, I don't know. But while it is pretty obvious that it wasn't just suicide or accidental shooting, I don't think that any delay in the official declaration was unreasonable.

You obviously misunderstand my point. I , personally , am not getting on him. But ... the posters here should not talk craap to people who think infidelity is wrong, because it is. Getting yourself mixed up in a relationship with a girl ( or guy) almost half your age is also close to the edge, add to it a girl with obvious problems in her past.

I don't recall reading one post where someone said infidelity's not wrong.

And being with a girl almost half your age is close to the edge of what? who the f cares?

I don't recall reading one post where someone said infidelity's not wrong.

And being with a girl almost half your age is close to the edge of what? who the f cares?

Guess you dont have daughters, if you did I am sure you would not be pleased if at 20 yrs old she was dating a 37 yr old man. Now if its 35 and 52 thats a different story. As far as your first point,its not that anyone said it was NOT wrong .It's that they got on guys for saying it is and were telling people that they should not care if he did or didn't cheat and that was my point . It doesn't change how I feel about him or other famous athletes who have done the same thing because they are just athletes, not heros or role models to me , but others feel differently. And having to explain what he was dong with this "woman" will be a hard conversation to have with his kids and not one I would want my wife to have to have with mine. Obviously if you are a person who cheats ,or has in the past ,on his wife/girlfriend you would have less problems with it then others will. And I am sure someone somewhere cares! :wacko: