[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some good vibes requested

SteelBunz

My Mother in Law is going in this morning for hip replacement surgery. Ordinarily I wouldn't worry, since I've been through this twice with relatives.

But she's 85 and doesn't have the best track record with her breathing either. Living in the valley has compromised her lungs a bit over the years. So anesthesia and her age is worrisome. She's 110 lbs soaking wet.

(Honestly.....how the docs talked her into having this done at her age is a mystery.....they told her husband 10 years ago they wouldn't do knee replacement because of his age. :wacko: )

Anyway.....some positive vibes from The Huddle are ALWAYS welcome. :D

Thanks folks!

Prayers and good vibes coming.

As far as age & surgery, my FIL was ~93 when he broke his hip, had the surgery, and he (120#'s) came thru it fine. Admittedly it was the sign that his living on his own was over.

wow. my mom just had it at 68 and she's now back to pretty full motion again. she still needs dad to do her toes however (which he loves). you've been through it, so you know what to expect in terms of pain, rehab, etc. just keep up the encouragement and support!

praying for your family.

Just got a call. She's out of surgery. The doc said it went well! Good bone to work with. She had a spinal block and a little IV sedation......so not the full blown General I was fearing. She should be in hospital until Friday......then 4 weeks of rehab at assisted living. Sounds long......but she needs to build her upper body strength. The hard part is keeping my FIL from going bonkers without her for a while......lol. :D

As a side note.....my Aunt Pat is two floors above her recovering from a broken arm. :wacko:

Thanks everyone.....once again.....Huddler vibes and prayers to the rescue! :D

Just got a call. She's out of surgery. The doc said it went well! Good bone to work with. She had a spinal block and a little IV sedation......so not the full blown General I was fearing. She should be in hospital until Friday......then 4 weeks of rehab at assisted living. Sounds long......but she needs to build her upper body strength. The hard part is keeping my FIL from going bonkers without her for a while......lol. :D

As a side note.....my Aunt Pat is two floors above her recovering from a broken arm. :D

Thanks everyone.....once again.....Huddler vibes and prayers to the rescue! :D

:wacko: