[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre on his way to MN to sign?

CaP'N GRuNGe

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see how anyone with any knowledge of the Vikings could think that Favre - one way or the other - would have much effect on next year's draft pick. They were, and are, a playoff team, meaning they would not have a high draft pick either way. Those who think this is a bad move don't seem to think he will make them much better, same for most that think it's a good move. They should win more games due to Loadholt shoring up the right side of the line (can't be worse than Cook, I don't think), Henderson and Farwell coming back from injury, and the addition of Harvin. Which means, with or without Favre, the offense, defense and special teams should all be improved for a team that made the playoffs last season. Favre is not as long term solution, and clearly QB is an issue for the future, and I'd guess they will address that in the draft in the coming couple of years. Not signing Favre would not change that in any way I can see, other than maybe he can make them a little better, dropping them a few spots towards the back of the draft instead of in the early 20s.

I was pulling for Rosenfeld, but for all those Packer Fans who think Farve has betrayed them by playing in Minnesota, remember Farve wanted to play in Green Bay but he was beaten out of the job. Bret just wants to play football, and the Vikings give him a shot a Super Bowl. I hope his arm will hold up, but hopefully unlike the Jets, if he struggles they have a competent back up.

Wow, so now you want us to die... And the part about little boys is Megan Foxbaggery on your part. Enjoy your short stay at the huddle. If your skin is this thin, you won't be here past September.

Please be true please be true - that would be an awesome early Xmas gift.

"Brett Favre signs with Vikings for $12 million. Part of the cash for clunkers program"

--David Letterman

Don't blame us. We and Jets fans told you so. He'll start out good but ... :wacko: ...well you'll see.

"Brett Favre signs with Vikings for $12 million. Part of the cash for clunkers program"

--David Letterman

Don't blame us. We and Jets fans told you so. He'll start out good but ... :wacko: ...well you'll see.

Maybe instead of spending so much time on Brett and the Vikings, Packer fans should spend more time worrying about the Lions beating them for 3rd place in the division. :D

Now, who's being thin skinned?

I am not thin skinned I just don't agree with anything you have posted. Most of the people here debate and take shots at each other but almost all offer up good posts and can take a good amount of ribbing. I just have not cared for what you have posted so far.

Question for ya - how old are you? Occupation? It seems that most of the people I come across that have the same thoughts you do about TT, McCarthy, and Favre are over 55 and very blue collar (a lot of this demographic around Green Bay). It seems it matches with people who tend to be very set in there ways. Just something I noticed and was wondering if you fit that profile?? I am not saying it is right or wrong - just curious.

I was pulling for Rosenfeld, but for all those Packer Fans who think Farve has betrayed them by playing in Minnesota, remember Farve wanted to play in Green Bay but he was beaten out of the job. Bret just wants to play football, and the Vikings give him a shot a Super Bowl. I hope his arm will hold up, but hopefully unlike the Jets, if he struggles they have a competent back up.

Wrong on many levels.

Favre didn't want to play in Green Bay. He retired. I also think his whole unretiring thing in 08 was an attempt to get to the Vikings last year. I don't think he really wanted to be a part of the packers with the front office and coaching staff that was in place.

Favre also wasn't really beaten out, as there was never a competetion. He moved on, the packers moved on.

Now, who's being thin skinned?

One more time for the cheapseats? I need one more post to know for sure.

I'll say one thing after watching the game last night, it certainly didn't look like the Vikings players looked upset cause Favre was on board, quite the opposite. Seemed everybody wanted to high five him, pat him on the shoulder, kibitz with him, talk to him, and there was plenty of learning between him and the other players going on. Jared Allen in particular was hanging out with him yucking it up. It was nice to see, along with that last goal line stand with the 2nd and 3rd stringers, with all the stars pumped up, jumping, screaming, yelling for the other guys trying to hold on.

All in all, things looked pretty happy in the Dome last night, FWIW.

I'll say one thing after watching the game last night, it certainly didn't look like the Vikings players looked upset cause Favre was on board, quite the opposite. Seemed everybody wanted to high five him, pat him on the shoulder, kibitz with him, talk to him, and there was plenty of learning between him and the other players going on. Jared Allen in particular was hanging out with him yucking it up. It was nice to see, along with that last goal line stand with the 2nd and 3rd stringers, with all the stars pumped up, jumping, screaming, yelling for the other guys trying to hold on.

All in all, things looked pretty happy in the Dome last night, FWIW.

Yep Favre looked great last night. One questionable completion and three incompletions tat I am not sure even touched a WR hands??? But according to Mayock Favre looked great and the WR's were the blame.

Favre looked very rusty but understandable. Maybe he should have been in camp a couple weeks ago? :wacko:

Yep Favre looked great last night. One questionable completion and three incompletions tat I am not sure even touched a WR hands??? But according to Mayock Favre looked great and the WR's were the blame.

Favre looked very rusty but understandable. Maybe he should have been in camp a couple weeks ago? :wacko:

I agree, RUSTY...and should have been in camp. I also think Jackson deserves a roster spot.

As per my background, I'm not the 50ish boomer age. Blue collar yes. Set in ways...yes.

I just think the Packers Organization should have done more to make it work and keep both Favre and Rodgers. TT was wrong in so many ways in handling it, as was Favre. Let's all just agree to disagree with this whole Favre/TT/MM.

Either way, it's a done-deal. It should also be a good season with all of this as the Pack looked good too.

Favre looked very rusty but understandable. Maybe he should have been in camp a couple weeks ago? :D

Mayock and that other yutz should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. That was some of the most blatantly partisan and poor announcing I have ever heard(and following MN teams, I have heard my share). They were completely unobjective and the broadcast was little more than a giant Brett Favre slobfest. Disgusting. Didnt seem to matter to them what happened on the field, only that it was Brett Favre at QB and that meant all was right with the world. If that was any indication of what its going to be like this season, I will be watching Vike's games on mute because the amount of Favre is obnoxiously over the top. Honestly...he's one player and this is still a team game last I checked. Can we please get a break from the talk/hype about this guy? :wacko::D:D

As far as the actual play on the field, I think that was a joke, too. All the apologists are saying stuff like "well, he didnt have any time in camp" or "he was a little rusty". Well, if that was really the case that he was that unprepared or too rusty to run those basic plays, then there was NO reason he should have been in the game at all. In two series of running base offense, no one should have laid a hand on him regardless if the Chefs were blitzing or not. What they did was put him at risk of getting injured for the benefit of whipping up the MN rubes into even more of a frenzy than they already are. Bush league publicity stunt that could have backfired huge. Imagine if he was injured on one of those hits he took? How much egg would be on the faces of the Vikings? If all they were going to do first possesion is run AP once, try a dump to Tahi, and then (on 3rd and 6) throw a 4 yard pass, why even put him in the game? That is vintage Chilly playcalling and TJack or Booty can run that KAO well enough for the preseason.

If Favre wasnt ready to do more than he was asked to do, there was no reason to play him at all. None. And if the line doesnt protect better, his time in a Viking uni will be short-lived. And if the amount of talk/hype surrounding the friggin guy doesnt greatly subside, I will not be able to enjoy this season at all and will be :D on a weekly basis.

• 4 months later...