[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre on his way to MN to sign?

CaP'N GRuNGe

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There SHOULD be no reason to think he would be a great QB, let alone a good one, based on past history

I'm guessing this was once said about Kurt Warner. My point is that some guys simply never get a chance. Rosenfels seems like a solid QB, and I was looking forward to seeing what he could do with his opportunity. I actually feel bad for him more than anyone else.

It does make me laugh that some are insinuating that Vikings fans shouldn't root for their team anymore due to embarrassment from this move. :wacko:

I'm guessing this was once said about Kurt Warner. My point is that some guys simply never get a chance. Rosenfels seems like a solid QB, and I was looking forward to seeing what he could do with his opportunity. I actually feel bad for him more than anyone else.

Fair point. I was actually excited to see what Sage could do, and I defended him and hoped he would get the starting nod. But adding Favre adds to the mix. I hope T-Jax is jettisoned - seems like the perfect time for Childress to try to sweep that failure under the rug.

I will say, in listening to that press conference, that Favre did not sound excited, and Childress' initial comments were just weird. I don't know what to make of all that, but hopeful something positive comes from all of it.

Great moment... I'm watching NFL Network and the repeated Favre interview, etc. and my 7-year old son walks in after having a nightware, looks up at the TV and says, "Geez, what's up with this guy already, he switches teams too much, I though he was retired? Who's he gonna play for next the Bucs?"

:wacko:

He's ready to have his own FF team.

Edited by irish

Just read all 7 pages of this thread...... :wacko:

There are some very interesting comments both valid and seemingly biased.

My point of view is that of a Vikings fan who can remember all 4 Superbowl losses, the Drew Pearson push off, the 98 missed kick, the 0-41 NFC champ game debacle in NY, the Hershel Walker trade..etc..... Through it all I have remained a Viking fan!!!

I have also witnessed Brett Favre lead his team to victory over the Vikings on numerous occasions. Favre made beating the Packers that much sweeter. He was easy to cheer against but easier to respect as a great player who really does love the game. Plus he lead many of my fantasy teams to championships!!!! :D

Look back over the last few years and you will realize the last great QB we had was Fran Tarkenton. Kramer was ok but a drunk...after that it is a whose who of has beens and wanna be's. Culpepper showed a glimps of greatness but fizzeled quicky. We had Jeff George, Warren Moon, Jimmy Mac, Cunningham, Brad Johnson, Gus Ferrotte, and T-Jax leading this team in the past years. :D

We have had a top defense for the past 3 years and a great running game. Peterson and Taylor are up there as the best two back tandem in the league. Despite the fact that defenses can stack the box against us.

WE needed a Leader at the QB position and one was available. Why not go for teh brass ring. The window for any team to win a SB is short. Heck Peyton Manning ony has one. It has been proven that a great defense and a good running game can get you far in the playoffs as long as you have a decent passing game to keep the defense honest. See the Giants and Steelers.

Is Favre going to be a pro bowl QB this year? He doesn't have to be. Again he just needs to keep defenses honest. Will he put fans in the seats? You bet your cheesehead he will... Viking tickets are flying off the shelf. Last year we had a threat of blackout in at least 3 games!!!! AND we had AD running the ball. I don't anticipate that happening this year.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...Packer fans may feel hurt and betrayed, they have every right to, but remember Brett didn't ask to be replaced and if he still wanted to play why should he not be allowed to. I guess none of you have ever made a decision and then regretted it. I get that the drama is overwhelming. The media is just as guilty as anyone for it. I am not a fan of Chilly but I do like the fact that he gave Brett a chance to change his mind. This team needed something to give it an extra spark and Favre just may be that .

He will have good games and bad games, but name me a QB who doesn't. Heck Eli looked horrible to the point that there was talk of him being benched and he goes on to win the SB. Warner looked so so at times last year and then turned it on in the playoffs.. Anyone remember McNabb being benched last year... he ended up doing quite well after he got back in.

Did you all have a hissy fit when Montana went to the Chiefs? SF said he was washed up too.... he had a pretty good run in KC if I remember.

My point is love him or hate him Favre is going to make the Vikings different then if Sage ( a career back up for gosh sakes) or T-Jax were QB. My hope is that the difference is for the better.

I welcome Brett to the Vikings because this is the first time since the 98 NFC Champ game I have felt that the Vikings actually have a chance to get back to the SB.

When I told my 5 year old son that Brett Favre had signed with th Vikings he said "that is Sweet!!! He can hand the ball off to Adrian Peterson. Can we go see him play?" I bought two tickets! That my fellow Huddlers is worth the drama!!! :D

but remember Brett didn't ask to be replaced and if he still wanted to play why should he not be allowed to. I guess none of you have ever made a decision and then regretted it. I get that the drama is overwhelming. The media is just as guilty as anyone for it. I am not a fan of Chilly but I do like the fact that he gave Brett a chance to change his mind. This team needed something to give it an extra spark and Favre just may be that .

Did you all have a hissy fit when Montana went to the Chiefs? SF said he was washed up too.... he had a pretty good run in KC if I remember.

This is where the wheels fell off your post.

Favre did say "replace me" by retiring twice in one off season, while hinting at it for the five years previous. He held a team hostage, and one Ted Thompson believed him the last year and used two more draft picks to fill out the team. Realize now that he had been hinting at retirement, no threatening retirement for years, did so in the 08 off season, was having second thoughts at which time MM and TT were open to a return, only to have him back out. From there he changed his mind again after it was too late. Played drama queen and was traded to the jets. Then told the jets he was retiring so they would sever ties so he could go to the vikings and retire, then unretire. It's not about him making a bad decision and regretting it. You say that you guess none of us have ever done that... No, because if I made that many bad decisions, I wouldn't have a job.

Montana didn't pull the garbage that Favre has pulled so that argument doesn't work. Montana also went to the chiefs, not a rival. Montana is class. Favre is not. You're either a fool or have your purple blinders on if you don't see through Favre and what he really is. An egomaniac who cares nothing about any fan, franchise, team or the game. He's simply going out there for ego alone. If it was love of the game, he wouldn't have pulled what he pulled in Green Bay, or lied to New York.

Realize now that he had been hinting at retirement, no threatening retirement for years, did so in the 08 off season, was having second thoughts at which time MM and TT were open to a return, only to have him back out. From there he changed his mind again after it was too late. Played drama queen

Remember the :wacko: at the end of the regular season game at Soldier Field? What a pathetic man he is.

Brett Favre is my new Tiki Barber. I didn't think it was possible to like and admire a player as much as I did, only to later despise him to the same degree, and completely lose all respect. In Tiki's case at least it was a quick fall -- this POS won't leave us alone with all the drama.

From priority news:

Huddle Up: Both Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson have to be disappointed, but they both have to stay sharp. Favre has a bad shoulder and he's 40, so odds are whoever the No. 2 Viking quarterback is has a really good shot at seeing significant playing time this season.

Yeah right. It should read ," No matter how injured Favre is, hell will freeze over or he will have to be crippled before he comes out of the game."

Yeah right. It should read ," No matter how injured Favre is, hell will freeze over or he will have to be crippled before he comes out of the game."

On a related subject, how does the loss of Matt Birk, the veteran center, affect Favre's prospects of both productivity and staying alive?

On a related subject, how does the loss of Matt Birk, the veteran center, affect Favre's prospects of both productivity and staying alive?

The team seems happy with Sullivan but we'll see how things work out. Loadholt on the right side should help the line too.

McKinnie

Hutchinson

Sullivan

Herrera

Loadholt

I will say this, I have a very tough time believing that Chilly "just decided to call one more time" and Favre "just happened to change his mind and fly up for practice THE NEXT MORNING"...this was planned...

No doubts about it. Its not just a coincidence that the players all moved out of the dorms in Mankato and moved back to the Cities over the weekend. No way was Mr Special going to lower himself to stay in a cramped dorm. Now he's able to stay in the plush Santana estate....

I will say this, I have a very tough time believing that Chilly "just decided to call one more time" and Favre "just happened to change his mind and fly up for practice THE NEXT MORNING"...this was planned...

:wacko:

Wow. You have an amazing and overwhelming grasp of the obvious. Well done.