[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre on his way to MN to sign?

CaP'N GRuNGe

Brett Favre is my new Tiki Barber. I didn't think it was possible to like and admire a player as much as I did, only to later despise him to the same degree, and completely lose all respect. In Tiki's case at least it was a quick fall -- this POS won't leave us alone with all the drama.

decent comparison, but I feel differently, I think because I never really liked Favre all that much back when everyone else was fawning over him like some kind of football jesus. seeing all those people hating on him now kinda makes me want to like him and root for him :wacko:

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even worse, over the last 4 years, he's had a not-bad 10-6 record in the last 4 games of the season, but his numbers are atrocious - 310/539 (57% completion rate), 3434 yds (6.4 yds/att), 12 tds and 30 ints. The high water mark was his '07 MVP-caliber season, where he went 60/96 for 743 yds, 6 tds, and 5 ints - which led to an OK 85 passer rating. The man falls off the face of the earth when elite QBs should be stepping it up and carrying their teams into the playoffs.

Yep, Rosenfels and Jackson really step it up come playoff time. :wacko:

Yep, Rosenfels and Jackson really step it up come playoff time. :wacko:

...and now Hugh One has gone into defensive mode. That didn't take long. What a ridiculous homer !!!!! :D

The man falls off the face of the earth when elite QBs should be stepping it up and carrying their teams into the playoffs.

Leave Romo out of this

I'd just like to see them win 2 games. Both against the Packers. He could have everyone sign the balls and send them to TT and MM.

Good Luck.

If there was ever a doubt about your charade about being a Packer fan rather than a Favre sack swinger, you just officially removed any room for doubt.

You'd better hurry to the store and get your purple Favre jersey while they're still in stock.

If there was ever a doubt about your charade about being a Packer fan rather than a Favre sack swinger, you just officially removed any room for doubt.

You'd better hurry to the store and get your purple Favre jersey while they're still in stock.

+1

And don't go stealing reballab's wife's either...!

Watching Vikings fans wriggle and squirm from Packer haters to "well, I really always liked him" is kinda fun.

Just wait, by season's end they will feel the same way about him as Jets fans do. And Childress will be interviewing for OC jobs.

Watching Vikings fans wriggle and squirm from Packer haters to "well, I really always liked him" is kinda fun.

I hate the Vikings with a passion and I still love to watch Peterson run. Kind of like when Payton was with the Bears. It's okay, goldilocks guys. You can have a double standard for a transcending talent (especially at a position where you've been sorely lacking for - what - decades now?).

I hate the Vikings with a passion and I still love to watch Peterson run. Kind of like when Payton was with the Bears. It's okay, goldilocks guys. You can have a double standard for a transcending talent (especially at a position where you've been sorely lacking for - what - decades now?).

Yeah Hugh One, you should have two favorite teams, a la Bill Swerski & BB, then, when one team does something you don't like, you can just focus your allegiance to your "other" favorite team. :wacko:

:D :D :D

I've been telling folks at work that the Vikings hiring Favre is the same as getting drunk and overpaying a raddled old prostitute. They love me here.

My take, just one more time so we're perfectly clear and then you can take your generalizations and kindly shove them up your ass:

As a Vikes fan of course I hated Brett Favre. When the initial rumors of him coming to Minnesota started BEFORE training camp, I thought it was worth a shot because, as we all know, the Vikes are a QB away from being a legitimate playoff team. I was not sold on the idea, never thought it was a sure thing, but thought there was a chance that he could get the job done. I base that on the fact that I am quite certain that Rosenfels and TJax suck. Again, can Favre do it? Not sure, but there's a chance, and it's a chance worth taking given the other option. That being said, I am not a fan of what the Vikings did now. They let Favre skip camp, told everyone that he wasn't coming, and then sign him anyway. IMO that makes the organization look like a bunch of momos, which Childress is without question. All that being said, I don't like what happened, I don't like Favre, but if this somehow works out and they win a SuperBowl I will, as perviously mentioned, fly to Minnesota and give Favre a hand job. I'm pretty sure it won't work which should cost Childress his job so technically this is a win-win situation. :D

Are we clear now? :wacko:

Just wait, by season's end they will feel the same way about him as Jets fans do. And Childress will be interviewing for OC jobs.

Again, this is a no lose situation for Vikings fans. Either Brett does well and leads the Vikings on a big run (and pisses the hell out of Packer fans) or he sucks and it's the last straw in running Childress out of town.

I fail to see any downside here. :wacko:

this made me chuckle

Sage Rosenfels - QB - Minnesota Vikings Posted 8/20/09 11:41am et Tweet this news item!

Updating a previous item, Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Sage Rosenfels said his ankle feels better, but he is not sure if he will be able to play in the team's preseason game Friday, Aug. 21. He said he is able to do some light running and cutting, but that he can't go full speed yet.

Huddle Up: To replace Rosenfels, the Vikings brought in journeyman quarterback Brett Favre, who spent last year with the Jets. Favre will likely get some reps with the Vikings' first team in Friday's preseason contest. No word yet on whether or not Rosenfels will get his starting job back once his ankle is healthy.

I have loved Mr. Favre ever since he started f***ing with the Packer organization and pissing off Packer fans...see, I hate the Packers...always have, always will...I love what Brett did turning his back on the organization...

Yeah, I think he was quite the tool in that situation, but I think it went both ways and Packers management didn't exactly shine either. What I get a kick out of is the guy gives what was it, 16 years or something, to an organization and plays his heart out for them and now the so called real Packer fans are just as eager to throw him under the bus and what he did for that organization for all those years. Sports fans are so fickle.

I would like the record to show that Delicous_bass has not wriggled nor squirmed on this issue. Been against the Favre signing from the start and continue to believe the Vikings will live to regret it. Check my previous posts on the subject if you want to verify...

I had developed a respect for Favre as a player over the years. That respect has now been trumped by what an absolute b!tch he's been off the field and how he's handled himself lately. Disgraceful!

This season is going to be tough for the Viking's fans like me who didnt want to see the team stoop to the level of signing Favre. I always want to see the Vikings win, and now this year I will feel like I need to shower/disinfect afterward if Favre has any hand in helping the team win.

My take, just one more time so we're perfectly clear and then you can take your generalizations and kindly shove them up your ass:

As a Vikes fan of course I hated Brett Favre. When the initial rumors of him coming to Minnesota started BEFORE training camp, I thought it was worth a shot because, as we all know, the Vikes are a QB away from being a legitimate playoff team. I was not sold on the idea, never thought it was a sure thing, but thought there was a chance that he could get the job done. I base that on the fact that I am quite certain that Rosenfels and TJax suck. Again, can Favre do it? Not sure, but there's a chance, and it's a chance worth taking given the other option. That being said, I am not a fan of what the Vikings did now. They let Favre skip camp, told everyone that he wasn't coming, and then sign him anyway. IMO that makes the organization look like a bunch of momos, which Childress is without question. All that being said, I don't like what happened, I don't like Favre, but if this somehow works out and they win a SuperBowl I will, as perviously mentioned, fly to Minnesota and give Favre a hand job. I'm pretty sure it won't work which should cost Childress his job so technically this is a win-win situation. :D

Are we clear now? :wacko:

I really think the Vikings thought Favre was going to retire for the following reason:

1. They did not allow the Bears and Packer single game tickets to be sold while they were waiting for Favre to make up his mind.

2. In order to get these tickets, you needed to buy season tickets.

3. When Favre said he was going to retire, the team then put up two offers, one was a 4 game season ticket packages and they also offered the Packers and Bears single game tickets.

4. When Favre signed, they pulled those ticket specials and only offered full season tickets.