[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre on his way to MN to sign?

CaP'N GRuNGe

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say this, I have a very tough time believing that Chilly "just decided to call one more time" and Favre "just happened to change his mind and fly up for practice THE NEXT MORNING"...this was planned...

This actually has the smell of an owner (Zagnut Wilf) all over it. There is this little, need a new stadium issue happening for those outside the midwest.

Rumor on the local radio last week was that Wilf may have casually contacted the Hillbilly by phone to gauge interest. Many of the photo OP pictures yesterday had Wilf right there alongside the choosen one. Normally, Zygi (and brother Mark) avoid the media circus if they can.

If true, Favre and Chilly never did talk until Monday :wacko:

I haven't watched much TV the last couple of days.

Is ESPN covering this at all?

Who is Brett Favre? It seems like he is a QB - has he ever thrown an INT? Why is it such a big deal that he signed with the Vikings? Players sign all the time - is there something out of the ordinary with this guy? - did he like retire/unretire like more than 4 times? Just kidding that would be insane.

What is all this hoopla for?

Remember the :wacko: at the end of the regular season game at Soldier Field? What a pathetic man he is.

It took me a while to remember which crying performance you were talking about. I ran through 4-100 times he's cried like a child. For being called the NFL Iron man, he sure does cry a ton. I don't remember Cal Ripken Jr crying that much. Then again, I don't remember him unretiring multiple times per off season.

Favre was "hired" to help the Jets sell PSL's...and now this:

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- The Vikings have sold more than 3,000 season tickets since news broke that Brett Favre was coming to Minnesota. That's in approximately a 24-hour span.

Chief marketing officer Steve LaCroix says the team has sold about 10,000 single-game tickets during that time as fans clamor over the arrival of the veteran quarterback.

Seats for the game against Green Bay on Oct. 5 are only available through a season ticket. There are roughly 7,000 season tickets remaining. The Vikings had to race to beat the blackout deadline for several games last season.

Merchandise is also moving. LaCroix said several hundred pre-orders for Favre spamshirts were placed online Tuesday. The purple No. 4s were to show up in stores on Wednesday.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...l#ixzz0OfVAflBN

Favre was "hired" to help the Jets sell PSL's...and now this:

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- The Vikings have sold more than 3,000 season tickets since news broke that Brett Favre was coming to Minnesota. That's in approximately a 24-hour span.

Chief marketing officer Steve LaCroix says the team has sold about 10,000 single-game tickets during that time as fans clamor over the arrival of the veteran quarterback.

Seats for the game against Green Bay on Oct. 5 are only available through a season ticket. There are roughly 7,000 season tickets remaining. The Vikings had to race to beat the blackout deadline for several games last season.

Merchandise is also moving. LaCroix said several hundred pre-orders for Favre spamshirts were placed online Tuesday. The purple No. 4s were to show up in stores on Wednesday.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...l#ixzz0OfVAflBN

The wife has already requested a Favre jersey :wacko: She is going to a conference in two weeks that they are having a sports night and they request they wear a jersey.

The wife has already requested a Favre jersey :wacko: She is going to a conference in two weeks that they are having a sports night and they request they wear a jersey.

She better watch out for po'd Packer fans. Although if Ed Hoyle is there, he will protect her.

Gee, I'm glad Wolf and ButtPirateNinja didn't forget me.

I think Favre should have been at camp with the rest. I don't respect that.

But, I think it does make MN a better team. Will they win the Division? Who knows.

I'd just like to see them win 2 games. Both against the Packers. He could have everyone sign the balls and send them to TT and MM.

Good Luck.

I'd just like to see them win 2 games. Both against the Packers. He could have everyone sign the balls and send them to TT and MM.

You have officially resigned as a Packers fan. Please leave your cheesehead and Brett Favre jersey at the door.

On second thought . . . those stains on the jersey look pretty gross . . . . you better keep that one . . .what hell hell is that white sticky stuff all over it? Gross . . .

But, I think it does make MN a better team. Will they win the Division? Who knows.

The statistics have dipped over the last four seasons, three with the Packers and one with the New York Jets. He has averaged 3,848 yards passing, 22 touchdowns, 21 interceptions, a modest 80.1 quarterback rating and has only thrown more TDs than interceptions once during that time.

Even worse, over the last 4 years, he's had a not-bad 10-6 record in the last 4 games of the season, but his numbers are atrocious - 310/539 (57% completion rate), 3434 yds (6.4 yds/att), 12 tds and 30 ints. The high water mark was his '07 MVP-caliber season, where he went 60/96 for 743 yds, 6 tds, and 5 ints - which led to an OK 85 passer rating. The man falls off the face of the earth when elite QBs should be stepping it up and carrying their teams into the playoffs.