[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Getting some new parts

BillyBalata

Couple more days and I'll be joining Tbone on the IR. Spending tomorrow going to 5 dr appts. Assuming I pass inspection, Wednesday I get my new bionic knee.

The things a guy will do to get hooked up to that morphine again. :wacko:

Knowing the power of the huddle vibes, any spare ones you guys may have can't hurt. But all in all, there's tons more people out there that need them more then me.

All I really ask...if i don't come out the other side all right...if someone could just please, please, keep TimC away from my fantasy teams? TIA :D

Well...it appears I passes inspection. At least no one has said anything different about tomorrow yet. :wacko:

They didn't like my high blood pressure but I told them it was their fault cuz they were making me nervous.

Gotta call in later tonite to confirm, but I'm first up in the morning. Only thing I need to decide is what form of anesthesia to have. Nerve block injection/catheter above the leg is a given. But need to close between being totally put under, or have a spine block where you are somewhat awake. Tbone says I should go all the way under. Got another buddy who just had a partial knee done a month ago...said the spinal block...you may be technically awake but you're not really. :D

Are you getting just one or both of them done? My mother got one knee done 2 years ago and the other last year. She was really only immobile for about a week. After that she was limited but could get around some. Good luck.

Just getting the left knee done. Right leg is fine. Well, other then the 10 screws and plate in the foot that is. :wacko:

Well...it appears I passes inspection. At least no one has said anything different about tomorrow yet. :wacko:

They didn't like my high blood pressure but I told them it was their fault cuz they were making me nervous.

Gotta call in later tonite to confirm, but I'm first up in the morning. Only thing I need to decide is what form of anesthesia to have. Nerve block injection/catheter above the leg is a given. But need to close between being totally put under, or have a spine block where you are somewhat awake. Tbone says I should go all the way under. Got another buddy who just had a partial knee done a month ago...said the spinal block...you may be technically awake but you're not really. :D

Watching them extracting half your leg, fiddling about, blood and stuff everywhere and the surgeon mentioning to the nurses how hung over he is? :D

F that, get the whole anesthesia enchilada.

Tell'em you're A MAN and just tie a belt around your thigh and let you control the flow! :D

Good luck with the operation. My mom lived in agony with a bad hip for many years and we finally got her to replace it. One month later she's doing great and kicking herself for waiting so long. You'll do super!