[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You're all gonna think I've lost it.........

jaxfactor

Something weird, yet calming just happened to me. I went into the bedroom to get my wallet as I was heading to the store to grab something. I walk in and I smell Marie's perfume, plain as day. Now there's nothing left of hers clothing or perfume wise in the house. I start talking to her(and feel really strange doing this). I telll her things that she already knows and that I miss her tremendously. Just then the smell fades away. I go to the store and come back into the room thinking it may have just been the smell that was already in the room, but nothing. Smell is completely gone.

Have I lost my freekin' mind? I have been doing ok. I was just watching football all day and doing some chores at the same time. Keeping busy. If this is indeed her checking up on me, it doesn't freek me out at all. In fact, it makes me feel pretty calm and happy. I was not thinking about her when I entered the room so it has nothing to do with sensing something that was on my mind. Why is she here? If we go to heaven, are we able to come back to check on our loved ones? Or is she in limbo? I wouldn't think this is the case due to what happened right after she passed(she gave me 2 signs with Journey songs coming on the radio).

Keep repeating:

I am not insane

I am not insane

I am not insane

Something weird, yet calming just happened to me. I went into the bedroom to get my wallet as I was heading to the store to grab something. I walk in and I smell Marie's perfume, plain as day. Now there's nothing left of hers clothing or perfume wise in the house. I start talking to her(and feel really strange doing this). I telll her things that she already knows and that I miss her tremendously. Just then the smell fades away. I go to the store and come back into the room thinking it may have just been the smell that was already in the room, but nothing. Smell is completely gone.

Have I lost my freekin' mind? I have been doing ok. I was just watching football all day and doing some chores at the same time. Keeping busy. If this is indeed her checking up on me, it doesn't freek me out at all. In fact, it makes me feel pretty calm and happy. I was not thinking about her when I entered the room so it has nothing to do with sensing something that was on my mind. Why is she here? If we go to heaven, are we able to come back to check on our loved ones? Or is she in limbo? I wouldn't think this is the case due to what happened right after she passed(she gave me 2 signs with Journey songs coming on the radio).

Keep repeating:

I am not insane

I am not insane

I am not insane

Some may write it off as coincidence, others a supernatural experience, and others might say your mind is playing games w/ you as you want to connect w/ her. You're not crazy, your mind is messing w/ you, IMHO, but then I don't believe in the supernatural. That's just me.

Keep repeating:

I am not insane

I am not insane

I am not insane

PM forthcoming.

Some may write it off as coincidence, others a supernatural experience, and others might say your mind is playing games w/ you as you want to connect w/ her. You're not crazy, your mind is messing w/ you, IMHO, but then I don't believe in the supernatural. That's just me.

That's what i was trying to tell myself, Tom. I was busy doing things and watching football at the same time. Needed to go to the store so went into the bedroom just to grab my wallet. I wasn't even thinking about her. Maybe I was subconsciously?

We used to have talks about this and she would tell me that she'd come back to haunt me. I said,"why?". She said maybe not haunting, but just to check up on you and see you. I told her,great, but please don't be standing over my bed in the middle of the night and scare the sh*t out of me. :wacko: She asked why that would scare me. I just replied, "duh!". I remember that conversation like it was yesterday.

+1

You're not crazy Mark... little things have happened to me since I lost my daughter, and while I wondered if it were coincidence, I don't put much stock it the answer either way. For the record I think it's outside the rules to validate these types of experiences, so as long as you don't know, you're not crazy. Find solace in the gifts the universe gives you... it makes figuring out where you fit into it and how it works less important.

If I can get around to typing a very long story, I may shoot you a pm. It won’t be soon and it if I do send it, it will be long. I know strange stuff happens. I have zero doubt. I am not sure how to explain any of it but I choose to believe it to be a good thing.

Edited by Skippy

Jax, you arent crazy and I believe in that stuff 100%. When we lose people I feel they visit us in dreams sometimes. Sometimes they are just in the dream and arent visiting. They may just be sitting there with you watching the Raiders beat the Eagles 13-9. Other times though I really feel you are seeing them again. I had a dream last year about my friend that I lost in 9-11 and it was a clear as day that I was really talking to him. We were standing in an elevator and he was looking at me and I did a double take . I hugged him and talked to him as if he was alive and I told him I missed him and he smiled at me.

My wife waits to see her Mom all the time. She really feels in her heart that her mom is going to come to her. She wants to see her so badly in a dream and know it is for real. She also really feels that she will fell her moms presence for real one day just like you did with Marie. I truly believe she was there and giving you a sign that all is well. I know it conjures up emotions but when all is said and done embrace it as a sign that she is still close to you and looking over you

I strongly believe our loved ones can and do make contact with us here on earth, she's telling you she's happy and content, she's in Heaven you know, and the love you 2 shared is so strong that even one's passing couldn't erase it. Take comfort in that fact and keep talking to her, whether out loud or in the sweet dreams you see her in.

just go with it man. and if it's calming to you, have a seat and have a conversation with her.

Calming is truly an understatement. For a few seconds, I felt so relaxed and at peace. It was really intense. I didn't have a care in the world. Perhaps this was her giving me a brief look at how she feels.

I do know one thing. I will not spend the rest of my life waiting for her to return again and give me another sign. I got the full meaning of what she was trying to tell me. I felt it. If she does return again, so be it. If not, I know that she's ok and if she feels like I felt for those few brief seconds, I'm truly happy for her. But life goes on and I'm alive. I have to live in the present, but do feel truly blessed that I got a brief glimpse of what it may be like. And I'll forever be grateful to her for that gift.

Now do you think I'm crazy? :wacko:

She was trying to contact you and comfort you.

I collect stories as yours and am thinking at some point may have to write a book, just to comfort people, who knows. Often the dearly departed seem to come in vivid dreams - the kind where you truly believe the dream actually was real. Those that have it, cannot shake it. Other, and equally powerful expressions happen in your practical world. Things are moved or, as you expressed something happens that you cannot ignore. You knew that perfume.

A few examples:

My father-in-law, Don, an avid sailor, who died of cancer, appeared to John, a brother-in-law in a dream. John described it as a dream world. White dock, with a lovely sailboat moored. Don appeared all dressed in white, wearing his signature sailing hat, looking years younger, with the message that he was thriving in a wonderful place, and John should comfort his mother and the rest of the family with this information. John was reticent to do so, thinking he would be not believed.

My father passed. My brother recounted a similar story. My father appeared in a vivid dream and told my brother that he needed to assume the responsibility of taking care of my mother. My brother swears that my father was in his bedroom.

Soon afterwords, I meet with a close elderly British friend who had recently lost his wife, again, to cancer. I tell him the last two stories that I have just shared with you. The conversation went in that direction. He begins to cry. Eventually the story comes out that he spent the last night with his grandchildren, ages 4 and 6. The 4 year old girl has awoken that morning telling her grandfather, "I talked to Grammy last night. Guess what? She's coming back from the sky."

My own experience was when I was called to FL, after my father died, but just before my brother succumbed to brain cancer - the same brother that had the vivid dream about my father:

I was rooming with my mother - not enough beds in a very big house. I travel with small bottles of shampoo and conditioner. The bottles have a defintie "C" abd "S" on them to identify what is in them. At my first shower in her bathroom, I noticed that she had my conditioner, so I only added my little shampoo bottle to her shower. I was there more than a month. About the third time I shampooed, I picked up my little bottle, only to discover that I was washing my hair in conditioner. I believe to this day that was a message from my father, although I do not know what it might have been, mostly just supportive, as my brother died soon afterwords. It was just so strange.

My message to you, jaxfactor, is that you should not discount your feelings. She is reaching out. (Like the Journey songs on the radio.) I am just guessing, but from stories I have heard, I am guessing that she is trying to comfort you.

I am sorry if it is upsetting that I posted this publicly, this is a subject well under-discussed. Hopefully others will express their experiences that will likewise comfort you.

All the best to you!