[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How out of touch am I?

wiegie

Here is a list of things that I don't know a thing about except for the title:

Twilight

Jersey Shore

The Hills

Here are popular things that I don't own and don't really care that I don't own:

a high-def tv (my "newest" tv is one I bought in 1993)

a video game system (although I do have an old Nintendo NES system in my closet)

a smart-phone (my wife and I share a "pay as you go trac-fone")

an iPod (or other MP3 player)

a kindle (or any other e-book reader)

Anybody else as out of touch as I am?

Interesting.

Twilight - I've seen it through Netflix....meh.

Jersey Shore - never heard of it...unless you mean Atlantic City and then I've been there. :wacko:

The Hills - Never seen it...heard of it. Isn't it on MTV?

Here are popular things that I don't own and don't really care that I don't own:

a high-def tv (my "newest" tv is one I bought in 1993) - sinner!!!

a video game system (although I do have an old Nintendo NES system in my closet) - I finally broke down and bought a Wii. Went from a NES to a Wii. I've only played a PS2 once and never an XBox or 360.

a smart-phone (my wife and I share a "pay as you go trac-fone") - Me either. We have basic phones. We did just get new ones with a keyboard but I still don't know how to text. I can answer texts, but don't know how to initiate one.

an iPod (or other MP3 player) - Never used one. Seen them, but never put them on and listened.

a kindle (or any other e-book reader) - Saw my first one of these a couple of months ago and thought the SO would like it for Xmas...she said no way.

Twilight -nope

Jersey Shore - this

The Hills - some hot coeds

a high-def tv -yes

a video game system- xbox360 and ps3(mainly for bluray)

a smart-phone-yes

an iPod (or other MP3 player) -wife has one

a kindle (or any other e-book reader) - wife has one, loves it.

i dont have a facebook or myspace.

Edited by dmarc117

There was a time when I was completely up to date on everything technical. Had first generation cell phones, built my own computers, knew about everything you want to know about operating systems and software. Wrote code, managed databases and data models. Had that new fangled PDA.

Now eight years later of just football everyday with a home office and I cannot fix my own computer anymore, I own a cell phone that is a basic one I turn on once a week when I leave the house and no one calls. I told my wife whenever I retire, I am just going to become a blacksmith because it will be easier than trying to catch back up on everything.

I cannot imagine where technology will be in ten years.

Twilight -nope

Jersey Shore - nope

The Hills - nope

a high-def tv -yes

a video game system- kid has one I have never played

a smart-phone-nope

an iPod (or other MP3 player) -wife has one

a kindle (or any other e-book reader) - nope

I thought I was living in the dark ages at one time, and then I finally broke down and got a cell phone for work purposes. That was about 7-8 years ago. As for your list below, if it wasn't for my wife I probably wouldn't have any of them.

Twilight - Saw it on Netfilx. Wasn't impressed. Never even knew there were books.

Jersey Shore - Wife watches it, I use the time to play Tiger Woods 10 on the Wii

The Hills - Wife watches this drivel too, more time on the Wii.

a high-def tv (my "newest" tv is one I bought in 1993) - Nope, just a regular tv for us.

a video game system (although I do have an old Nintendo NES system in my closet) - Sega Genesis and the Wii, wouldn't have the Wii if not for the wife.

a smart-phone (my wife and I share a "pay as you go trac-fone") - Nope, basic cell phone for me.

an iPod (or other MP3 player) - We have an iPod and a Bose sound dock. It sounds awesome!

a kindle (or any other e-book reader) - I have no idea what this even is.

Twilight - Can't stand it all of the wives on our street are completely ga-ga over this series. my wife read the entire series within a month.

Jersey Shore - standard reality MTV crap

The Hills - i know it's a show but do not know who the hillz are

a high-def tv (my "newest" tv is one I bought in 1993) - absolutely - one in living room - one in bedroom

a video game system (although I do have an old Nintendo NES system in my closet) Wii - XBOX 360 - PS3 - Gaming PC

a smart-phone (my wife and I share a "pay as you go trac-fone") -iPhone (worthless service with AT&T)

an iPod (or other MP3 player) - Got one and the wife has an iPod touch

a kindle (or any other e-book reader) - i think this is a waste - I love having a book to flip through

:cliaz: fleshlight :cliaz:

:wacko: I highly recommend this purchase. Best invention ever! I got the 3 sleeves for one price deal. A normal vagi-gi, the butt, and the one that looks like a bowl of spaghetti with half a meatball.

Twilight- Nope

Jersey Shore- Nope

The Hills- Nope

a high-def tv (my "newest" tv is one I bought in 1993)- Nope

a video game system (although I do have an old Nintendo NES system in my closet)- Got a Wii because of the grandkids

a smart-phone (my wife and I share a "pay as you go trac-fone")- I turn my most basic cell phone on once a week to see if it still works

an iPod (or other MP3 player)- Nope

a kindle (or any other e-book reader)- I will never own one. I love real books too much.

Anybody else as out of touch as I am?- You're still the leader.

While I do appreciate the ease technology has brought us in so many ways I see such fantastic wastes that I can only shake my head. To those of you who cannot live without the latest in electronic "sexiness" I only have pity.

Twilight - nope

Jersey Shore - nope

The Hills - nope

a high-def tv (my "newest" tv is one I bought in 1993) - 5 of them :D (however the biggest is a 40 inch that I got for less than $600 last year)

a video game system (although I do have an old Nintendo NES system in my closet) - wii, kids have nintendo DS and gamecube

a smart-phone (my wife and I share a "pay as you go trac-fone") - iphone

an iPod (or other MP3 player) - nano

a kindle (or any other e-book reader) - nope

Wow...am I superficial :wacko:

Twilight

So I take the family on vacation this year and we brought our 13 year old niece. I decided we were going to the Olympic peninsula I hadn't been there since I was teenager. Well one of our stops was Forks. Our niece was so excited to go there. Last time I was there it was a little old logging town. Why in hell is she excited about that? Well apparently this is where they filmed the movie and this little logging town was swamped with people. Worse yet was Lapush (I guess werewolf live there) a small little Indian village with one main road through town, it looked like I5 during rush hour. :wacko:

A very surreal experience.

So now I'm very aware of Twilight although I still have not seen the movie.

Pretty close

Twilight

Jersey Shore

The Hills

None of the above. Like you, I know them by name only. Our TV is a machine used to deliver sports, movies, and re-runs of The Office and Family Guy. Though we get most of our Office by catching up on Netflix "Watch Instantly" in bed watching on my wife's crappy 6 year old toshiba lap-top. Well, not any more 'cause we finally made it to season six and that one is only available on DVD.

a high-def tv (my "newest" tv is one I bought in 1993) Have a pretty decent Plasma that we bought last year

a video game system (although I do have an old Nintendo NES system in my closet) Last game system I owned was a Sega Genesis that my roommates and I bought at a garage sale along with NHL '95 that we played over and over again late nights really stoned.

a smart-phone (my wife and I share a "pay as you go trac-fone") I have an iphone

an iPod (or other MP3 player) and an ipod

a kindle (or any other e-book reader) and don't want one of these

Twilight

Jersey Shore

The Hills

a video game system (although I do have an old Nintendo NES system in my closet)

I am aware of what Twilight, Jersey Shore and The Hills are, but have never watched, or in the case of Twilight, read, any of them.

I upgraded to a few real nice HD LED TVs when we moved in to the new house. My regret now is that I did not splurge on a surround sound system. Now it will be difficult to convince my wife to invest in one, plus the hassel of running wires now that we have had the house pointed and new hardwood floors put in ( :shakeshead: why couldn't I have done it when the floors were up and the rooms not yet painted )

I have a Wii that is mainly for the 5 year old that we play MarioKart and some of the Lego games on occassionally, but now that it is upstairs in the playroom, I have not played any MarioKart on my own. I do want to get a PS3, mainly for the BluRay and streaming Netflix, but would play some games on it though would probably only buy one a year or so. Madden or something.

Smart phone - have a blackberry, love it. I don;t know that I have used my computer to send a non-work e-mail in quite some time.

I-pod - have a Nano - great for the gym and at work when trying ot block out the ambient noises that can easily distract you

kindle - Nope.com

I'm with you.

Twilight -nope

Jersey Shore - nope

The Hills - nope

a high-def tv -nope, in fact I don't even own a TV anymore since lightening hit my house and took mine out last year.

a video game system- love the original NES

a smart-phone-nope

an iPod (or other MP3 player) -this is worth getting, but I don't have one. got a cowon for my g/f. great for audio books.

a kindle (or any other e-book reader) - nope, still prefer hardbacks.

Twilight

Jersey Shore

The Hills

Am I a chick or a teenager? No to all of the above

My movie and sports addictions drove me to buy a nice high def and surround system along with my inner geek.

I absolutely refuse to buys a game system. I know myself too well, I will never leave the couch if I own one of these.

Yup. The inner geek again.

I got a Creative Zen for the wife and she never uses it.

I dislike reading long documents on a computer screen, I doubt I'll ever want to read a whole book there. I'll be a kindle hold out.

Twilight - I know this is a book/movie series about vampires. Never seen/read it.

Jersey Shore - No idea what this is.

The Hills - No idea what this is.

a high-def tv (my "newest" tv is one I bought in 1993) - Nope

a video game system (although I do have an old Nintendo NES system in my closet) - My sons have a ps3. I don't play.

a smart-phone (my wife and I share a "pay as you go trac-fone") - Nope. My phone doesn't even have a camera.

an iPod (or other MP3 player) - I have a basic Ipod. I use it for audio book, primarily.

a kindle (or any other e-book reader) - Nope

Twilight- :wacko:

Jersey Shore- :D

The Hills- :D

a high-def tv (my "newest" tv is one I bought in 1993)-We have 2.

a video game system (although I do have an old Nintendo NES system in my closet)-PS3

a smart-phone (my wife and I share a "pay as you go trac-fone")-Middle of the road, not a smart phone. Usually just get the best Verizon upgrade.

an iPod (or other MP3 player)-Built into my GPS...Plays thru my car's stereo...LOVE IT!

a kindle (or any other e-book reader)-The wife and daughter are the big book readers. I asked if they wanted one for Xmas and I got a "NO WAY!".

I love's my toys.

BTW you forgot to mention a GPS. :D

Twilight

Jersey Shore

The Hills

foh shizzle

I have a 6 yo girl, 8 yo boy, 13 yo girl, and 16 yo boy, so most of that stuff is due to them.

TV: The girls claim they can't see a difference between standard feed and Hi-def on the TV, but I think they're pulling my leg.

Video Game System: PS2, XBOX360, thining about the PS3 for the kids for XMAS. I don't play them, tho.

Smart Phone: Don't think I could function without it.

IPOD: With a 16 year old boy? I've purchased probably 8 of them in 5 years, he's still working it off.

Kindle? Same thing as Kid Cid, give me paper for a book. I stare at this damn monitor most of the day.

Truth is you're not missing anything...

Twilight

Jersey Shore

The Hills

I am. I know what Twilight is about but havent seen it. i know what jersey shore is about but havent seen it. Dont know the hills and dont have any of the things you listed above.