[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One year ago today.

tbimm

Hang in there tbimm. Thinking about you.

Oh I am hangin in there. I knew the first one would be the toughest. I am in FAR better shape than I was this time last year and time is slowly lessening the heartache.

I can honestly say that not even close to a day has gone by this year where I haven't thought about my Pops, as I called him, and wished I could call him for advice.

It's been many years since I lost my dad and the holidays are the roughest for me. Those phone calls for advice or just being able to bounce things off of someone who listened and cared are what i miss most of all too.

Hang in there buddy

My dad and I were never friends. More like arch-enemies. Consider yourself very blessed, despite your feeling of loss. My father and I talk to each other more now than we ever did when he was alive. It's taken a long time, but we have come to understand each other better now. I wish it could have happened when he was still here.

Count your blessings when you count your sorrows. Life is short. Make the most of it.

I guess it does get easier as the years pass but I can tell you honestly that it will never go away. My parents have been gone for 2/3rds of my life and I can still cry in a second. Threads like this just help to vent a little but I think you were a lucky man Tbimm as a father that makes you put up this post was a great person to have at the head of your table.

I really feel the love you have for your dad Tom in these threads. Keep his spirit close. I love my father dearly but oddly enough we don't have the type of relationship where we talk that often. Last night, the whole family was at my brothers for our annual Christmas gathering and he got a phone call. His wife (my stepmom) died yesterday just hours before he was to be at her place for Christmas. Regardless of our differences, my heart was heavy for my dad as he had to endure this during a normally joyful time. I envy your relationship with your father and your thread reminds me to ignore whatever differences we have and to enjoy the time left we have together.

Merry Christmas.

Sorry to hear that, Puddy... My thoughts are with you, your dad, and your step-mom's family. Not the way any of you expected to spend the holidays, I'm sure. :wacko:

Tbimm, Your post has reminded me to give my parents a big hug when I see them in a few days... I live 2000 miles away from most of my family. I see them all a couple of times each year, and I have a pretty good relationship with my parents, but we don't talk that often... not enough, actually. For the first time since moving to CA almost six years ago, my entire immediate family... parents, three brothers, and their families... are coming to visit for an entire week next week. I'm VERY excited to have them all here together... it should be a lot of fun. Anyway, thanks for posting... You're reminded me that life is short and we shouldn't take anything for granted. I truly appreciate your post more than I can explain. :D

Your Dad rests easy knowing he molded a terrific son. My prayers are with you TBimm. Glad you shared this thread with us because you know we are always here to listen . Peace to you bro.

TBimm my thoughts are with you. I lost my father in a tragic accident in 1994 and I can tell you that it still hurts. Never given the opportunity to tell him how much he meant to me makes the sting even worse. For those of you that have a wounded relationship with your father, make the effort to repair the relationship as it is a relationship worth saving and you can never go back. Tim, may God, friends and family continue to comfort you in your loss.