[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Strange recurring dream of mine

Scooby

So at least 4 times/ month I have a dream where I'm either in HS or enrolled in college, I realize I haven't attended classes b/c I'm doing what I'm doing right now in life, working, raising kids....but these dreams scare me while I'm having them b/c I know I will fail all my classes since I haven't attended any classes. I look at my watch during the dreams and noticed I have missed X # of classes that day already...I wake up worried, but then relieved, I hate these dreams, but I always have them! Yall have any funky dreams like these or recurring ones?

Maybe it's just my limited experience but I swear women just have more dreams (and they typically scare them in some way). My wife and her friends go on and on about how someone is always after them/chasing them/going to get them in their dreams. I don't know what it is but it's always something to freak them out. Maybe something just manifests in your imagination and this is what it does to stress you out particularly. I don't remember my dreams much. :wacko:

I have the same types of dreams and thought about posting this same type of topic on Monday. Sunday night had the dream. Mine is that I don't attend the classes and usually don't even buy the book and never read any of the material and get very stressed because the exam is coming - I always wake up just before I enter the classroom on the day of the exam.

Weird - I am going to google this because I know people in my family also have the same type of dreams.

Weird..I have the same dreams. At least 2 times a year and I"m in high school but they don't know I've graduated already. I think it has something to do with where we are in our professional lives? Although I havn't had that dream in over a year+.

I occasionally have these same type of dreams. I usually forgot to drop a class and in bites me in the ass at the end of a dream....I'm not sure what it means but it's weird that this is a recurring dream amongst the regulars of the Huddle...

:wacko:

Edited by KICK A$$ BLASTER

I have similar dreams from time to time as well. Both in regard to taking a college course and missing classes, or about a job I used to have as a research assistant. In both cases, I've forgotten to go to class/work for some time, and then show up. No one seems to notice or care.

So at least 4 times/ month I have a dream where I'm either in HS or enrolled in college, I realize I haven't attended classes b/c I'm doing what I'm doing right now in life, working, raising kids....but these dreams scare me while I'm having them b/c I know I will fail all my classes since I haven't attended any classes. I look at my watch during the dreams and noticed I have missed X # of classes that day already...I wake up worried, but then relieved, I hate these dreams, but I always have them! Yall have any funky dreams like these or recurring ones?

Mr. Scooby needs to step up. Maybe he needs to dress up like principal Skinner and call you into his office. :wacko:

I remember hearing a report a few years ago that this type of dream, involving HS, is very common.

I don't remember why they said it is common, but the report did help calm down my concerns as to

why I was having them....

interested to see what gbp finds

Edited by pig devilz

+1

I have dreams all the time where I'm in high school and can't find which class I need to go to, can't remember where my locker is or its combination or feel like I've missed a class for weeks and am afraid to go in and get yelled at.

Yes, I have issues.

I have a similar but slightly different dream:

I'm taking college finals and I realize that all I've done all semester is have sexual relations with multitudes of nubile college females. I haven't attended any classes or purchased any books, I take the finals, ace all of them, win the lottery, and live happily ever after. Even in my dreams, it's good to be me.

I'm always forgetting my locker combination or where the classroom is. :wacko:

TimC and I are having the same dream.

I'm scared.

I have a similar but slightly different dream:

I'm taking college finals and I realize that all I've done all semester is have sexual relations with multitudes of nubile college females. I haven't attended any classes or purchased any books, I take the finals, ace all of them, win the lottery, and live happily ever after. Even in my dreams, it's good to be me.

Then the world exists without the egg. It turns into a nightmare.

I remember hearing a report a few years ago that this type of dream, involving HS, is very common.

I don't remember why they said it is common, but the report did help calm down my concerns as to

why I was having them....

interested to see what gbp finds

I did some Googling last night and did not find much. I did find that a lot of people post out there that they have these dreams but I could not find a good site that actually tried to explain it. Some just mention stress but that seems kinda obvious - I was hoping for an in depth explanation but I am also thinking that people who analyze dreams are as wacked as people who read palms.