[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2010 so far is a bad dream!

rocknrobn26

I haven't been posting lately (to the benefit and delight of some) and here's why:

I started the year w/ a nasty virus. Bad cough, nasal thing, the whole 9 yards. I was getting better around day #10. Then I had a sneeze/cough that sent a very excruciating pain to my lower ribs. That was ~ 1/15. Went to the ER twice in 2 days and all they could tell me was I blew out some rib cartilage, gave me the pain meds and sent me home. Fast forward to a week ago last Saturday Feb. 27th. The wife went shopping for groceries I was feeling Ok so I tried to help. Picked the 2 heaviest bags in the group (Don't they teach anyone how to bag anymore??? :wacko: ) and felt a pop. Went to my Reg doc, he took X-rays and said he wanted to do a CT Scan. 2 days later I wake up w/ a pain that was indescribable. We almost called the ambulance because I couldn't breath or walk. Thank God the hospital is only 1 mile away. After an hour I could walk and sit in the car (TG). God bless my wife for putting up w/ me. I love her so. Got to the ER and they ordered a CT scan. And sure enough now I fractured at least 1 rib and maybe more. :D Yeah I got Morphine (4mg) and lots of other stuff, but even though the stop the pain the side effects make you weird. Yes, I'm a child of the drugged out 60's (I never really did any experiments), but there is no pleasure. Give me a scotch buzz over drugs any day.... cept when you have major pain I guess. Did I mention my purple stomach? Big John looked and prolly gave up lunch because of it.

Call me a wimp but the pain was soooo bad last Thursday I was screaming so much that I freaked the wife out. Did I say I love her?

Have any of you had this? Why after 6 weeks did it go bad again(Calling Doc Chargerz)? The ribs are constantly clicking. W_T_F is that?

Any and all info appreciated. Feeling very low, might have to cancel my Vegas trip, and I need a boost if there is one out there.

Please!!! DAM....this thing hurts!!!

TIA

rr26

1st, Feel better

2nd it is called getting old (j/k)

I too have had some health struggles to start this year and know very well just how crappy it can make things...all I can say is that you are also lucky to have a great wife...do as the docs say and don't push things...you will get better but I am sure you will want to pull out what little hair you have left because that is just how frustrating it can be.

Fwiw, I was having a few bad reactions to a med I have been on for a bit more than a year...took off work on friday due to the pain and called the doc...lady on the phone was like I can get you in to see him on March 26th :mad: Of course I pushed and they contacted him and he called in a scrip to help but I still have to wait til Friday to see him....the mental part of not feeling well can be just as bad if not worse than the illness part...so take it easy and try to stay as relaxed as possible.

I haven't been posting lately (to the benefit and delight of some) and here's why:

I started the year w/ a nasty virus. Bad cough, nasal thing, the whole 9 yards. I was getting better around day #10. Then I had a sneeze/cough that sent a very excruciating pain to my lower ribs. That was ~ 1/15. Went to the ER twice in 2 days and all they could tell me was I blew out some rib cartilage, gave me the pain meds and sent me home. Fast forward to a week ago last Saturday Feb. 27th. The wife went shopping for groceries I was feeling Ok so I tried to help. Picked the 2 heaviest bags in the group (Don't they teach anyone how to bag anymore??? :wacko: ) and felt a pop. Went to my Reg doc, he took X-rays and said he wanted to do a CT Scan. 2 days later I wake up w/ a pain that was indescribable. We almost called the ambulance because I couldn't breath or walk. Thank God the hospital is only 1 mile away. After an hour I could walk and sit in the car (TG). God bless my wife for putting up w/ me. I love her so. Got to the ER and they ordered a CT scan. And sure enough now I fractured at least 1 rib and maybe more. :D Yeah I got Morphine (4mg) and lots of other stuff, but even though the stop the pain the side effects make you weird. Yes, I'm a child of the drugged out 60's (I never really did any experiments), but there is no pleasure. Give me a scotch buzz over drugs any day.... cept when you have major pain I guess. Did I mention my purple stomach? Big John looked and prolly gave up lunch because of it.

Call me a wimp but the pain was soooo bad last Thursday I was screaming so much that I freaked the wife out. Did I say I love her?

Have any of you had this? Why after 6 weeks did it go bad again(Calling Doc Chargerz)? The ribs are constantly clicking. W_T_F is that?

Any and all info appreciated. Feeling very low, might have to cancel my Vegas trip, and I need a boost if there is one out there.

TIA

rr26

Yeah, that purple stomach was pretty gross!! Sorry to hear about all the drama, hope you feel better soon.

TIA

rr26

The sneezing and coughing caused a weakness/hairline fracture of your rib(s) and then lifting the bags finished the job. The clicking is caused by either the ribs or cartlage moving as you breathe. I (and probably many more Huddlers) have fractured a rib in the past and know what you're feeling. :D I'm so sorry you have to go through this because pain medicine and time are the only things that will help. I'll be praying for quick healing.

P.S. Don't try lifting any more heavy grocery bags. Okay? :D

Edited by Chargerz

The sneezing and coughing caused a weakness/hairline fracture of your rib(s) and then lifting the bags finished the job. The clicking is caused by either the ribs or cartlage moving as you breathe. I (and probably many more Huddlers) have fractured a rib in the past and know what you're feeling. :D I'm so sorry you have to go through this because pain medicine and time are the only things that will help. I'll be praying for quick healing.

P.S. Don't try lifting any more heavy grocery bags. Okay? :D

I think another smack may be in order, eh Doc? :wacko:

Hmmmm......I seem to remember throwing my back out from an ill timed sneeze....in front of Huddler witnesses no less. :wacko:

Man RR......feel better hun! I can imagine cracked ribs are brutal.....you have to breathe.....lol. Can't get away with 'just resting it' like an ankle.

BTW......Weds evening will be fine. I'll charge up the phone! :D

Busted up ribs suck hard. It hurts to even breathe. Hang in there buddy, don't over do the drugs, way over do the scotch and get better soon.