[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prayers and thoughts for my daughter

whomper

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done, and we are hoping it is just a stone. My wife is battling one now, and fortunately, with today's medicine, the course of treatment is non-invasive surgery...they zap it with a magnetic contraption to break it up. Basically painless, though she will be sore for a day or two.

You're all in my thoughts, bro.

They did blood tests and scans of her stomach and Kidneys. My wife said she was a hugh trooper throught the whole thing . Especially the blood test. We are sort of getting a diagnosis through subtractione here which is a little unsettling. The good news is. Blood work was clean. Appendix is fine. The scans also showed the kidneys were clean. This doesnt rule out the stone though because they are leaning towards that because the symptons point that way and they had a trace of blood in the urine. Another scenario is that on Mothers day we went to a brunch and she ate a piece of shrimp. They said she could have had a reaction to the shrimp and it could take 7-10 days to work out of her system. We need to monitor her for the next 5 days. She cant go to school and has to stay close to home. They have narrowed it down to

Stomach virus

Reaction to the shrimp

Small kidney stone that will pass

We are obviously hoping for one of the first 2. Our pediatrician is going to talk to my wife later today. I told my wife we should set up an appt with the pediatric urologist . If it is a stone, even a small one that will pass, I want to learn all I need to know about these because they are usually something that comes back

Doc Chargerz - What could cause a small trace of blood in the urine if it isnt a stone ? I assume there could be a number of reasons. Are they all serious ?

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers and thanks for the call Hugh One. As some of you said, you just feel helpless and sick when it is your kid.

Edited by whomper

have they ruled out some sort of bladder or UT infection? seems like that would explain the blood, and the pain. or maybe I've been watching too much House. :wacko:

The urine showed no infection

She has to pee into a strainer for the next 5 days in case it is a stone so we would have proof. After this is over , pasta party at my house

She has to pee into a strainer for the next 5 days in case it is a stone so we would have proof. After this is over , pasta party at my house

You are a sick basssturd. :wacko:

She'll continue to be in our thoughts, and keep us posted once you know more.