[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whaddya wanna be when you grow up?

Jimmy Neutron

If we're talking "pie in the sky", I'd love to race cars or motorcycles.

If we're talking with our present skillset, some days I still wish I'd went to the navy to fly off a carrier deck. Or I'd be a gunsmith. Or a woodworker/furniture builder/carpenter.

I'd still live in Atlanta, I'd own a landscape design firm and I would remain single.

You would have owned a landscape design firm. Those things are going belly up all over the place right now. THough, if you had planed correctly, you may still be ok. Maryland ain't bad though. Have a buddy of mine that lives in Baltimore and I love to go visit.

You would have owned a landscape design firm. Those things are going belly up all over the place right now. THough, if you had planed correctly, you may still be ok. Maryland ain't bad though. Have a buddy of mine that lives in Baltimore and I love to go visit.

Northeastern MD where I am is hillbilly country. Crossing the DE/MD line you basically leave a reasonably civilized suburban area and enter 1940's Appalachia. Who knew? Anyway drop me a PM next time you plan to visit, Baltimore is a fun town.

When I was in high school I wanted to be a guitar player. I was in bands. Our last band was actually a pretty good one. We played all over the city , made a demo shopped it etc but then Jimmy quit, Joey got married. I should have known we'de never get far.

As far as real jobs I have always had a knack for coming up with creative ideas for commercials . I have some winners in my head that I think would really be great. Problem with that is you have to work your way up to making money in that field. I dont think I could jump the line and the nut I need to cover doesnt allow a voluntary career change

Finally, I have always deep down thought about trying comedy. My friends have always told me I should do it but a combination of procrastination/pusslieation keeps me from doing an open mike etc. About a month ago I gave a speech at my buddies wedding. I was his best man. Wedding had about 200 people there. I made it a mixture of comedy and sentiment about my buddy that i have known since I am 11. I did about 7 minutes. I say this with modesty but I absolutely killed. It was exhilerating. I had command of the room and made them crack up multiple times as well as get emotional on the serious stuff. When I finished i had a lot of people saying I should really try and do an open mike and give it a shot. I really might. I have about 10 minutes worth of material that I could tighten up. You never know

When I was in high school I wanted to be a guitar player. I was in bands. Our last band was actually a pretty good one. We played all over the city , made a demo shopped it etc but then Jimmy quit, Joey got married. I should have known we'de never get far.

As far as real jobs I have always had a knack for coming up with creative ideas for commercials . I have some winners in my head that I think would really be great. Problem with that is you have to work your way up to making money in that field. I dont think I could jump the line and the nut I need to cover doesnt allow a voluntary career change

Finally, I have always deep down thought about trying comedy. My friends have always told me I should do it but a combination of procrastination/pusslieation keeps me from doing an open mike etc. About a month ago I gave a speech at my buddies wedding. I was his best man. Wedding had about 200 people there. I made it a mixture of comedy and sentiment about my buddy that i have known since I am 11. I did about 7 minutes. I say this with modesty but I absolutely killed. It was exhilerating. I had command of the room and made them crack up multiple times as well as get emotional on the serious stuff. When I finished i had a lot of people saying I should really try and do an open mike and give it a shot. I really might. I have about 10 minutes worth of material that I could tighten up. You never know

I'm sending in a demo to a guy in the business. If you are interested send me one and I'll forward it along.

As best as I can tell, I think that means you will be running the cash register at Long John Silver's.

Dude, you have been on a roll lately! Seriously, the past two weeks you have posted some of the funniest stuff I have read.

I have also always wanted to be an archaeologist. To the point where I have discussed with my wife that after our kids start college if she would be willing to travel with me from excavation to excavation. Seriously contemplating going back to school at night over the next 10 years or so to get a doctorate that would enable me to get on different digs.

Dude, you have been on a roll lately! Seriously, the past two weeks you have posted some of the funniest stuff I have read.

I have also always wanted to be an archaeologist. To the point where I have discussed with my wife that after our kids start college if she would be willing to travel with me from excavation to excavation. Seriously contemplating going back to school at night over the next 10 years or so to get a doctorate that would enable me to get on different digs.

That would be way cool

Show me the mummy.

NFL broadcast analysis . . either pre-game or play by play announcer.

I was very close to going to law school and let my deferment expire. I wanted to go to law school as a way to get into the FBI or CIA. I am still debating whether or not to try law school again this fall.

Last (and one I am actively pursuing) is to be a Master Sommelier. I have completed 2 out of the 4 levels, and I have been studying for the 3rd section for the last year.

Not to shoot your dreams down (as they were once mine as well) but welcome to the wonderful world of malaria, venom, and heat stroke...

And then when you get out of the hospital you will need to publish...real fast

I hear ya. But the beauty of what I want to do is this, I don't have a desire to be the head guy, prolly won't need to do it for income. I want to work with the head guy and just be a part of being the first person to have seen something after it has been unearthed after hundreds or thousands of years.

And I've been in a disease den in ecuador, from the andes down to the amazon (napo river) and have learned that you run into these issues, even while studying trans and cis andean ave fauna, just adds to the adventure.